I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:23:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Off home-hemo. Where do I dispose of supplies
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Off home-hemo. Where do I dispose of supplies  (Read 2485 times)
Superchicken

« on: December 23, 2018, 05:26:16 PM »

Hi, my husband got a transplant and the next stage machine was just picked up. I have a bunch of supplies and was wondering where to dispose of them. We are moving in January so need to have a solution soon. Emilia
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 06:14:04 PM »

When Fresenius picked up my NxStage they took all the NxStage supplies with them; still have syringes/tape/gauze etc.
Superchicken

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 09:52:51 PM »

Davita can't take anything back by law they say. I am in central New Jersey. Perhaps it's a state regulated thing. It's a shame to put everything in the garbage
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 11:43:10 AM »

Are the any non-profit clinics near you who have a different attitude/law? And congratulations with your husbands transplant.

Love, luck and strength, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 12:46:43 PM »

In general, prescription supplies cannot be transferred, returned, etc once in a patient's home.   You will run into the same obstacles if you die and your next of kin tries to give away your pricey drug$.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 02:29:10 PM »

Can a local Dialysis Clinic use some of it for training purposes???...

The gauze, syringes, tape etc. would be very welcome at a local Animal Welfare organisation who provide medical care for needy animals...  Or is there a charity who help people who are homeless or struggling financially who could use it???...  They always need stuff like that...

Oh and your local food bank could probably use the boxes... They're really strong and are ideal for carrying heavier things like jars, cans, etc...

Great that the transplant has happened, and good luck in your new home!...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
KatieV

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 07:27:11 AM »

We donated some of the small supplies to some medical students going on a medical mission trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 2007 - Brother diagnosed with ESRD, started dialysis 3 days later
April 2007 - Myself and sister also diagnosed with Senior-Loken Syndrome (Juvenile Nephronophthisis and Retintis Pigmentosa)

Since then, I've tried PD three times unsuccessfully, done In-Center hemo, NxStage short daily, Nocturnal NxStage, and had two transplants.  Currently doing NxStage short daily while waiting for a third transplant.

Married Sept. 2011 to my wonderful husband, James, who jumped into NxStage training only 51 days after our wedding!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mr Ken

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 07:56:18 AM »

If you have unopened taped new boxes of supplies, not loose packaging, dump them off in the parking lot. Seriously. Waste not want not. Site to be seen for sure. Here take them and shove them !! those bags of dialysate weighs a lot when you are dealing with 3000 - 6000 ml bags...... I am concerned about the stress on the floor as it is over 1000 pounds of material one month supply.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »