I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2020, 12:07:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
530592 Posts in 33420 Topics by 12427 Members
Latest Member: Needakidney
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Pre-Dialysis (Moderator: KarenInWA)
| | |-+  How bad did it get.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How bad did it get.  (Read 2250 times)
Alexysis

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2020, 03:33:44 PM »

As long as I am working, I'm increasing my SS monthly payout. Also, you can actually work part-time without reducing your monthly check, unlike disability.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2020, 08:24:39 PM »

I'm glad you are able to work!  Makes life feel more secure.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2020, 11:12:20 AM »

As long as I am working, I'm increasing my SS monthly payout. Also, you can actually work part-time without reducing your monthly check, unlike disability.
You can work part time on disability without losing eligibility, however, there is a monthly earning cap somewhere around $1K.
Alexysis

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2020, 04:02:42 PM »

You can work part time on disability without losing eligibility, however, there is a monthly earning cap somewhere around $1K.

Yeah, but I've got an education, and frankly the extra earnings allowed ain't gonna cut it. Nobody seemed to be interested in PT work locally, except for low-paying service jobs, and working PT in my field would max me out after about 10 hours a week.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2020, 06:32:33 AM »

I retired on SSDisability when I was 62,  I didnít loose any money since my Benifits were calculated as if I was 66, in other words my payments were not discounted for collecting 4 years early.  When I reached full retirement age I was moved to regular SSA Benifits, so there was no difference for me in working 4 more years or going out early.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »

How bad did the symptoms of kidney failure get before you started dialysis and how soon after starting dialysis did you feel much better?

Thanks

Are you feeling any better?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
jambo101

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 01:17:00 PM »

Yeah feeling better after a year of dialysis. a lot less water retention all over ,the itching is gone, blocked ears is gone,slightly more motivation, however the title of this forum (i hate dialysis)is an understatement..

Jim
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2020, 01:57:52 PM »

Yeah feeling better after a year of dialysis. a lot less water retention all over ,the itching is gone, blocked ears is gone,slightly more motivation, however the title of this forum (i hate dialysis)is an understatement..

:cuddle;

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »