I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:56:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Dialysis & CKD Questionnaire
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dialysis & CKD Questionnaire  (Read 3019 times)
AndreBR

« on: November 15, 2018, 10:59:49 AM »

A couple of weeks ago I started a topic called "Researcher seeking interviewees", in which I tried to invite members of the forum for a Skype/Phone interview. Some members kindly recommended I prepare a questionnaire they could fill online.

The questionnaire is finally ready: https://goo.gl/forms/vDRjpO12FmbGXsD13
Please let me know if you have any issues while accessing and filling it.

For those who haven't read my previous topic, I'm a first year PhD student at UC-Santa Barbara and I'm interested in the experiences and challenges of dialysis patients. This questionnaire will help me elaborate a research proposal for my dissertation and fulfill the requirements of one of my courses.

Many thanks to Rerun who suggested I create another topic for the questionnaire. And many thanks to those willing to contribute!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 11:28:01 AM »

I am post dialysis transplant recipient.   Do you want me to fill out the survey, as many of the questions imply currently on D?
AndreBR

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 12:24:18 PM »

I am post dialysis transplant recipient.   Do you want me to fill out the survey, as many of the questions imply currently on D?

Hi Simon, sure, you can refer to your previous experience as a dialysis patient. Perhaps, I'll change the phrasing of the questions so post transplant recipients can also answer it.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 02:22:35 PM »

I answered it as if I were still on D.   I'm the one who answered 98% Male 2% Female due to transplanted kidney.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 10:32:21 PM »

Some of your questions could use some work. 

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
AndreBR

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 05:20:45 PM »

Some of your questions could use some work.

Hi kitkatz, which questions do you think I should improve? Perhaps we could discuss about it via PM?
GA_DAWG

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 08:20:03 PM »

There are nuances to some of the questions. For example, CKD may not limit us from all social activities, but at the same time limit us from some we would defnitely prefer to be able to attend. The diet may not be a great problem most of the time, or fluid restrictions, but if you attend a Christmas party, suddenly they can present a problem. Eating out, and not only at fast food joints, can present problems due to salt, but there may be times it is required.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »