I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:20:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Bluetooth BP monitor with Nx2me?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluetooth BP monitor with Nx2me?  (Read 4646 times)
rcjordan

« on: October 13, 2018, 07:08:18 AM »

My clinic just went Nx2me. We have the app & ipad running and it'll be nice to get rid of some of the logging.  I'd really like to get rid of BP logging, too. Does anybody have a bluetooth blood pressure monitor (wrist band type preferred) that'll sync with the Nx2me app?  Does any bluetooth model work with Nx2me or does it have to be a specific Nxstage-approved unit?

Coastal US, NE North Carolina
2018 right nephrectomy - cancer. Left kidney not filtering, start hemo. After 3 months, start Nxstage home hemo
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »

I bought a knock off Fit-Bit kind of watch that said it did Blood Pressure.  HAHAHA  It didn't even get tight so how can it do BP.  Plus, it always gave me 120/80!!!! But my Nurse bought it for a while!  LOL

It would be awesome if they came up with something wireless to get rid of the "cord" and something smaller.

Let us know what you find out.

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 01:30:33 PM »

There is BPO monitor, scale and thermometer that Bluetooth syncs with the Nx2Me app.    Call NxStage support and they can give you the exact model numbers.
rcjordan

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 04:23:31 PM »

Thanks. Done.

Nxstage says:

A&D Medical Deluxe Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Bluetooth (UA-651BLE)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MXTE7CS/

A&D Medical Wireless Connected Weight Scale, Black (UC-352BLE)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MXTDWUG

FWIW, for an UNofficial wrist bp monitor on Amazon, I asked "Has anyone successfully paired this with the Nx2me NxStage app?"
Answer: "Yes I have been able 2 pair it with the app and it works well. Great way to track ur progression daily."
 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0778LRF3Y/ 

I ordered the A&D bp monitor and scale but for $24 I might take a chance on the wrist monitor if I dislike the upper arm cuff.

2018 right nephrectomy - cancer. Left kidney not filtering, start hemo. After 3 months, start Nxstage home hemo
rcjordan

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »

The official upper arm bp monitor arrived today. While there were no instructions to be found for transmitting bluetooth data, the process was simple enough to ferret it out on the app.    Dropping the logging is a great improvement in the session.  I'll see if the clinic is receiving the flowcharts ok (the first two went through fine), then I'll quit doing the paper version altogether. Woo hoo!

rcjordan

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 07:17:33 AM »

The A&D scales mentioned above work as expected.

The clinic said I could drop the paper logs, so the last session was free of that nuisance.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 07:21:07 AM by rcjordan » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »