I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2018, 05:45:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
524174 Posts in 32839 Topics by 12164 Members
Latest Member: DaveM
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members (Moderators: Rerun, kitkatz)
| | |-+  Members- Please read and respond from Admin
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Members- Please read and respond from Admin  (Read 501 times)
SooMK
Premium Member

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 12:44:46 PM »

Early on in my cruising around IHD someone mentioned the "show unread posts since last visit" option at the top of the forum home page. Since then that's what I use unless I'm searching for something specific. I just skim the new posts and avoid the "thick skin required" areas (I don't have thick skin, I had to leave even the football section, ha!). I have been to the FB page a few times, and went back to visit the other day after reading this thread. That format doesn't work for me, it means I have to skim through a lot of posts. I'm always thinking about quitting FB anyway. I continue to check in on these IHD forums because kidney disease is for life and there's so much honest info here. There have been a couple of times I got my feelings hurt because of sharp replies, but I got over it. I miss some of the people who have disappeared who were active on here when I first came to IHD. I don't think there's anything wrong with the organization and running of this site. There always seems to be a lot of activity, at least on some subjects, which isn't true of some other forums. I appreciate the people who volunteer to keep IHD up and running and those who participate.

SooMK
Diagnosed FJHN/UKD 2009
Transplant April 2014
kristina
Premium Member
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 04:15:01 AM »

... I very much miss some of the people who have disappeared and were very active when I first came to IHD.
At the same time I am fully aware that dialysis is a life-support and because of that I have been hesitant to find out more about what happened to them and I very much hope, they are still with us.
I also appreciate all the people who volunteer to keep IHD up and running and I thank them very much for their thoughts and all their input.
Many thanks from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
DayaraLee
Premium Member

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 07:06:21 PM »

I haven't posted in quite a while, but I still read, read, read, and this site is invaluable to me, as I'm sure it is to innumerable others.  FB will certainly never replace it. Where people gather, there will be disagreement, and disagreement can easily lead to harsh words and hurt feelings. As several have stated, we're adults and should be able to embrace that and police our own behavior, within the context of site rules. I don't envy any of the moderators or admins - it's a tough job with little thanks. My two cents is don't change a thing. I'm so very grateful for what has been built here.

:2thumbsup;

Husband Dx - CKD Stage 3, Diabetes Type II, Hypertensive, Stubborn...

"What is love? Love is the absence of judgment."  ~Dalai Lama
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »