I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:21:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Vitamin k2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vitamin k2  (Read 2084 times)
uttanutta

« on: October 04, 2018, 01:35:06 PM »

Has anyone here taken vitamin k2 or heard anything about it?I had a person telling me there are alot of studies on people on dialysis and k2 and was just wondering what others think
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 05:15:36 AM »

I was on K2 when my cardiologist saw I was on Calcium Acetate.  He said it was good for the bones.

The xplant team d/c'ed it.  Will ask the cardiologist (a different one now) when I see him
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 07:54:34 AM »

Here's an article: 

https://homedialysis.org/news-and-research/blog/98-vitamin-k2-a-little-known-nutrient-with-big-potential-benefits-for-ckd

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 07:59:48 AM »

Your nutritionist should be able to help you learn if its appropriate for you.  The US National Kidney Foundation has continuing education classes on the subject so it likely means the use is legitimate for some dialysis patients:
https://www.kidney.org/content/calciphylaxis-roles-vitamin-k-deficiency-and-supplementation

(I'm always a tad skeptical of people promoting vitamins for complex problems.  But that's not to say its not beneficial as part of the broad treatment plan.)

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »