I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:15:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  One of my lines isnt working
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One of my lines isnt working  (Read 7253 times)
SweetyPie

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2018, 09:05:54 AM »

Yes I am extremely aware. But despite them stopping the fluid pulling I STILL continued to get worse. I tried my best to stay on but I was really about to pass out. I did vomit also. I asked for saline as well it did nothing
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2018, 09:25:09 AM »

In one post, you say you are usually signing an AMA, and in a later one you mention again signing out early. That is absolutely the worst thing you can do, especially if it is on a regular basis. As Paul noted, even if they are not pulling fluid, they are filtering your blood for potassium, Phosporus, and urea.

To be fair, Aaisha.Dar did mention vomiting and fainting. That is a sign of very low blood pressure. Dangerous to continue after that. If it is the same problem I had, there were a few times that the nurses pulled the plug on my dialysis as they felt it was unsafe to continue, due to low BP and a strong risk the blood would clot in the machine.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
SweetyPie

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2018, 04:02:33 PM »

Thanks I appreciate how understanding you are. Its tough when you explain how you feel to someone and sometimes they dont really understand it. Im not bashing anyone. Trust me ive suffer quite a lot and only get taken off early as a last result. Im very scared about tomorrow. I dont know what to expect.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2018, 05:00:31 PM »

The problem you are having is real I think you need to make a nephrologist appointment and take this to him/her.  There are a lot of settings on a dialysys machine your doctor should create a new prescription to try modifying you settings, then after several sessions go back and tell him how it went and let him/her further modify your prescription.
SweetyPie

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2018, 04:12:20 PM »

To any of those who are interested in my situation. Today I went to the access center. The doctor put in a new tube in the same spot! I cant tell you how relieved I was. I was on conscious sedation. All it did was make me sleepy but I didnt sleep because how anxious I was. Yes, it did hurt I hated it. The stitches hurt a lot. But I am happy I am home. The doctor did tell me that these catheters are good for the long run. My veins will close up and there wont be anywhere else to go but my groin area. And if that goes bad where would I go next. She said I need to look at getting a fistula. God, I hope this transplant comes soon. This is all too complicated
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2018, 02:06:22 AM »

She said I need to look at getting a fistula.

Unless there are medical complications, this is always the best option.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
SweetyPie

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2018, 09:21:41 AM »

Despite me getting a brand new catheter i continued to feel the same. Ive been crying. I got off early again. What us going on? Im lost.
SweetyPie

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2018, 03:44:03 PM »

I went to the er. Blood pressure was low not unusual. I explained everything and doctors dont have a clue. They said my sodium level is low. The put me on a blood pressure raising med to take before dialysis. Im not sure how much more i can take. This is a lot to deal with emotionally and physically.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »