I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:42:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Pre-Dialysis
| | |-+  Taking aspirin when on list
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taking aspirin when on list  (Read 2564 times)
jenb

« on: June 21, 2018, 03:05:47 PM »

I have always heard that you should cut off taking aspirin before surgery.  When on the waiting list, is it ok to take low dose aspirin?
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 04:51:11 PM »

I was taking the adult small aspirin (80 mg or so) when I received my transplant. The call came in before my morning pills with the aspirin and they told me to skip the aspirin.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 08:17:33 PM »

I also take one of those small aspirin daily per my heart Dr.

Prior to any surgery they have me stop it sometimes two or three days prior, depending on the extent of the surgery, minor vs major.

Even thought it is small it can contribute to bleeding.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 07:27:04 AM »

I have always heard that you should cut off taking aspirin before surgery.  When on the waiting list, is it ok to take low dose aspirin?

Please check it up with your doctor and/or your nephrologist. I have been told by doctors not to touch Aspirin, not even a small dosis, because it supposedly "thinnens" the blood too much and that is not good when approaching a transplant-operation...
Good luck and best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »