I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:38:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Baxter Amia - Cassette Failure "Wet" - a Tip
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baxter Amia - Cassette Failure "Wet" - a Tip  (Read 2893 times)
Marilee

Hubby was a PD Person - I was 'support'

« on: March 21, 2019, 06:10:03 PM »

The Baxter Amia PD machines have been having issues with getting cassette failures during the Priming part of setup - they pass the dry cassette test, we connect up all the bags, get the juices flowing and then 15 minutes into the Prime we get an error screen that says, "Cassette Failure - Press RESUME" for instructions.

My TIP: DON'T PRESS RESUME right away. Before you do, CLAMP THE PATIENT LINE. This isn't given in the instructions, but as soon as you press RESUME, the juice that's in the warming bag backflows up and out the patient line, despite it having a cap on it, and you have a wet, sticky, warm mess on the table, the machine, the floor, etc. to clean up in addition to tossing all the fluid & cassette and starting fresh. The step by step instructions in the manual (pages 288-289) call for clamping the patient line as part of Step 3, but by then, it's way too late.

And of course, if it happens often, contact Baxter and they'll likely issue another machine because I think they've got a faulty sensor problem rather than a faulty cassette problem.

As my hubby would say, "Don't let what you can't do get in the way of what you can."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »