I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:07:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  Spring 2018 North Korea/US meeting
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spring 2018 North Korea/US meeting  (Read 36744 times)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2018, 12:25:12 PM »

Based solely on what we know as of today (which isn't a whole lot, to be honest), do you all think the summit scheduled for next month is going to happen. or not?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2018, 01:03:51 PM »

Not now. I did but Kim Jong-Un's recent outburst and Trump's stubbornness make me think otherwise.

Sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:05:19 PM by cassandra » Logged

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2018, 02:57:24 PM »

I stand by my original prediction.

There are only two possible long term solutions. 

1. Accept NK as a nuclear power
2. War
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2018, 07:08:26 AM »

"There is no avoiding war.  It can only be postponed to the advantage of others" - Machiavelli
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2018, 05:30:02 PM »

Seems like both Un and Trump have strong reasons to meet so I still think it is more like to happen then not. I also think the logistics of getting Un to Singapore and back has not been resolved. Trump should pick Un up in Air Force One. Or for Un to get Trump to allow the meeting to happen at the DMZ. Un has the leverage so I could see Un getting the location changed. Is Bolton appearing on Fox? I haven't heard anything about/from him since Un called him out.

Big picture Un seems to be the one who has gained the most so far, if the summit does not happen Un would look to have greatly improved his position without giving up anything. They both would like it to happen but Trump needs something he can call a success more than Un. Trump is going to wing it and Un is following a plan that has already paid off. Not a recipe for success from the point of view of the US's interests.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:31:28 PM by Bill Peckham » Logged

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2018, 07:29:32 AM »

Trump cancels nuclear summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un
President Trump on Thursday canceled a planned summit next month with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, citing “tremendous anger and open hostility” from the rogue nation in a letter explaining his abrupt decision.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-cancels-nuclear-summit-with-north-korean-leader-kim-jong-un/2018/05/24/e502d910-5f58-11e8-a4a4-c070ef53f315_story.html

What did Hillary do to make this happen?  :urcrazy;

** any Hillary comment on my part is usually a Joke as a certain group of US voters seem to blame her for everything.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 07:32:53 AM by iolaire » Logged

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2018, 07:47:05 AM »

Like I said before, the only options are to accept NK as a nuclear power or war.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2018, 11:47:51 AM »

B..bu...bu...but wait!  There was already a commemorative coin made and everything!   :stressed;

Thanks, Obama.   ::)

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2018, 04:25:42 PM »

So far the NK`s have pulled this crap on Regan, Clinton, and Bush jr.  Now we can add Presidunce Trump to the list.  The North has made repeated promises to stop the nuclear weapons program, every time the took the promised aid and continued or restarted the program. 
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2018, 09:02:19 PM »

Lucy and the football come to mind, with the US playing the role of Charlie Brown.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2018, 09:45:17 PM »

Lucy and the football come to mind, with the US playing the role of Charlie Brown.

Absolutely a splendid analogy Arrrgh.
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2018, 01:18:35 AM »

Absolutely a splendid analogy Arrrgh.

If I remember my Peanuts, the joke was that Charlie Brown was an idiot who fell for the machinations of his sister every time. So  yes, a perfect analogy.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2018, 05:51:07 PM »

Who is Schroeder? Find Schroeder he's the key.

Lucy is Linus's sister, Sally is Charlie's
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:55:25 PM by Bill Peckham » Logged

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2018, 06:24:29 AM »

Who is Schroeder?
I am not certain.  Does he have a cat in a box?
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2018, 10:27:24 AM »

Rerun is Lucy's little brother.....

:flower;

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2018, 01:38:20 PM »

Schroeder was the kid playing the piano, Lucy had the hots for him, I don’t think Schroeder ever really noticed Lucy.  Peanuts was full of unrequited love, Charlie for the little red headed girl,Lucy for Schroeder, and Sally for Linus.
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2018, 12:55:28 PM »

Who is Schroeder?

He may or may not have a cat in a box. :P

Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2018, 02:05:54 PM »

There is media report of a CIA analysis that KJU idea is of denuclearization is different than the US's but KJU is looking to open a burger joint in NK as a goodwill gesture. This is a fantastic opportunity for Trump to troll NYNY. Open a Five Guys in Pyongyang and New Yorkers will be bitching for years that Pyongyang got a Five Guys before them.

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2018, 10:35:38 AM »

Who is Schroeder?

So he may or may not have a cat in the box, and the cat may or may not be dead.   Does this mean four probabilistic states or three?
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2018, 08:47:01 PM »

So he may or may not have a cat in the box, and the cat may or may not be dead.   Does this mean four probabilistic states or three?

Three

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2018, 06:36:38 AM »

Three
So you are saying that not having a dead cat in the box is the same state as not having a live cat in the box ???
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2018, 07:49:33 AM »

Since you cannot know if you have:
(A) A dead cat in the box.
(B) No dead cat in the box.
(C) No live cat in the box.
These states are the same state.

Thereby we have a choice of a live cat in a box, or any other state, thus using Schrödinger's interpretation of quantum mechanics (Schrödinger's Cat) we have only two real states.

Of course, you realise, this is all bollocks (although I'm sure the cat cares if it is dead, alive, or non existent).

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2018, 12:27:19 PM »

Since you cannot know if you have:
(A) A dead cat in the box.
(B) No dead cat in the box.
(C) No live cat in the box.
These states are the same state.
Leave a box with a dead cat in it on your porch for a few hot days in the summer, then tell me if it is the same state as a box with no dead cat or live cat in it.
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2018, 01:08:09 AM »

Schrödinger's original thought experiment worked on the theory that the box was totally sealed so that no sound, movement, etc. escaped it. I think that would seal in the smell of a rotting cat's corpse.

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2018, 03:18:15 PM »

What happens when two world leaders meet who:

(a) Never travel without a plethora of armed bodyguards
(b) Are protected by professionals who do not allow anyone without the highest level of clearance to be armed in the presence of the regent.

Would the US Secret Service really allow armed North Koreans in the room with Trump?   Would the fat boy go in unarmed to a meeting at which the US President was surrounded by armed Secret Service agents?

Just wondering how that worked.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »