I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:07:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Simple Machines Forum Issues/Announcements
| |-+  Forum software issues and bugs
| | |-+  Multiple log ins
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multiple log ins  (Read 9455 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: April 10, 2018, 10:24:26 AM »

Does the site limit multiple log ins?  Does it limit how many devices IHD can be logged into from?  We have a member stating they can only use two devices to be logged into the site at a time.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 10:32:10 AM »

I have cookies set so I don't need to login on three devices.  I'm not using them at the same time, but rotate between my work computer, home computer and phone fine without having to login between the three.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 02:53:24 PM »

We have a member stating they can only use two devices to be logged into the site at a time.
Why would you want to log in from more than one device at the same time?

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 03:35:57 PM »

I think this member uses multiple devices throughout the day and logs into IHD to see posts and finds that after two devices they can no longer log onto IHD.  I do not have this problem. I can log on anywhere, anytime, however I do have admin credentials.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »

When someone registers, I have a tab that I click on that says "any duplicate users" and it will tell me who has registered before.  I look into it and most of the time they have just registered 3 to 6 months ago and have forgotten their password.  In that case I ship them to you Kit.  I tell them if they register under different User ID's then it throws out population off. 

There has been an email that ends with .uw.edu and that is usually someone using a computer at school in the medical department and the computer sits there and students pass through and they have no idea who registered before them.  My tab compares IP numbers.

I use 2 devices but they work fine one at a time.

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 07:40:55 PM »

I regularly use both laptops and one desktop, all log on automatically when I open the IHD site.

I 'usually close my browser but many times fail as I get interrupted and just walk off, the machine sleeps, whatever. 

I open a laptop later and log in no problem.

Can't really say one way or another but I've never been denied access unless the whole site was down.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 12:28:03 AM »

Personally I use a iPad, a iPhone, a Mac desktop, a MacBook. Why, cause my iPhone and iPad are with me all the time.  The iMac is my main system and actually runs as a server finally my laptop is in my room and is connected to every thing. 
lulu836

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 08:36:58 AM »

We have a member stating they can only use two devices to be logged into the site at a time.

1 server
1 additional desktop
1 tablet
3 e-readers
2 laptops
1 gaming system
physical limitations
dialysis sessions
physician appointments

That's why.  K? 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my kidneys the most.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 11:26:45 AM »

Lulu, are you having problems signing in to IHD?

lulu836

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »

No problems anymore..........I "fixed" it.  Some family member on my network changed a Google password and, as I'm sure you already know, effed up EVERYTHING.  I finally persuaded myself that I had to get down in the "guts" of the network admin thing and finally got it straightened out.  Thanks  :thumbup;

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 04:46:59 PM »

:thumbup;   :yahoo; 

Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 09:03:00 AM »

1 server
1 additional desktop
1 tablet
3 e-readers
2 laptops
1 gaming system
physical limitations
dialysis sessions
physician appointments

That's why.  K?

Yeah but why would you want to use all nine at the same time?

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 09:44:59 AM »

It's not using all at the same time, but allowing each to preserve logged in status the next session.
lulu836

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 07:43:59 AM »

It's not using all at the same time, but allowing each to preserve logged in status the next session.

Exactly!

Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 03:06:24 AM »

Yes, but that has no connection whatsoever with the problem the thread is about, unless you keep all your devices switched on all the time and a browser window open on ihatedialysis.com open 24/7 on every device.

lulu836

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 01:37:42 PM »

Yes, but that has no connection whatsoever with the problem the thread is about, unless you keep all your devices switched on all the time and a browser window open on ihatedialysis.com open 24/7 on every device.

@Paul.........you are giving me a headache.  Where it is posted, why t is posted.......etc., by this late date is of absolutely no concern or consequence.  It's a question.  If you can answer it, please do so.  If you cannot answer it, please move on. :banghead;

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 04:45:49 PM »

Over the years I had several situations that required the rationing of ids the first was in the late 70’s I was running 30 users on a ancient Dec 11/45 and memory was very limited system was upgraded to a Dec Vax 780 and Kim it’s were removed.  The most common reason was we were running licensed software that charged a fee for every concurrent user.
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 04:18:36 AM »

@Paul.........you are giving me a headache.  Where it is posted, why t is posted.......etc., by this late date is of absolutely no concern or consequence.  It's a question.  If you can answer it, please do so.  If you cannot answer it, please move on. :banghead;

People often do a Google search when they have a problem and come up with old forum posts where someone else had the same problem they have. So there is a good probability that this thread will be accessed in the future by someone with the same or a similar problem. Inaccurate or irrelevant information will confuse the matter for them if it is not explained or corrected in a later post. That is why I post replies like the one you complained about.

It may give you a headache, but think of others for a change, then take an aspirin and think of how your suffering is helping the rest of humanity.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »