I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:13:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Anyone Know What Happened To Me?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone Know What Happened To Me?  (Read 9149 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 07:17:39 AM »

I am having to give up home treatment since it is causing too much stress for my wife, even though I do all the work.   She has had a serious accident and can no longer tolerate living in a "dialysis house".

Ok, so I email my neph and tell him I need some 1 on 1 time.  He invites me to his office after hours and gives me over an hour of his time.   We spoke of many things, from cabbages and kings to ships and sealing way.  He offered many changes to policy to accommodate my style.   One of these is that I will be a "self-serve" patient and the medical orders will say I am free to do my own setup, connect, running the machine and disconnect.   I will also be managing my fluid takeoff and dry weight directly without RN approval/involvement, accountable to my MD at my monthly meeting.    This is going to be "less bad" than going in and waiting for an RN or tech for every little thing, or getting scolded for touching the machine.

Crikey Simon ! How impressive ! What a tremendous courage you have ! I take off my hat to you !  And I wish you good luck and all the best  ... (and I also wish I had just a tiny bit of your courage)  ...
Good luck wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 08:21:56 AM »

Simon Dog, I'm really sorry to hear that you are having to give up home dialysis, and I hope your wife will be OK.

It sounds like your neph is certainly willing to accommodate you.  It's great that he recognizes that you are your own best tech.  When will you start your new regimen?  I hope it works out for you and that the clinic staff will just leave you alone to do your thing! 

I'd be really interested to know how well this goes, so let us know once you start, OK?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 08:48:44 AM »

I have to say Simon you are far tougher than I.

While I can possibly imagine someday that I could get far enough past my needle-phobia to needle myself, I cannot image the physical act of pulling each needle while pressing the gauze one-handed without assistance.  There must be some trick that I haven't seen just yet.

The fact that you are accommodating your Wife, doing your treatments elsewhere to relieve her from the experience is also huge.

I hope she understand just how much you are willing to do for her.
GA_DAWG

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 03:06:51 PM »

Can't watch the techs put the needles in, so I am definitely out as far as doing it myself. The whole taking the needles out while putting the gauze in place is beyond my comprehension.
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2018, 04:39:52 AM »

OK, after several months they have at last decided that the problem is caused by blocked arteries feeding the heart. Several of you posted that you thought it was cardiac related. Justagirl2325 hit the nail exactly on the head. So congratulations, you are smarter than the doctors who took months to work it out!

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2018, 05:30:57 AM »

Wow Paul, this can get serious quickly.

Stent or by-pass surgery?

I had my by-pass late Jan '06.  It was a real eye opener that I needed to make a few changes in how I live.

Still not getting enough exercise due to other problems, but I am eating far healthier.

Hope this gets done quickly and that you figure out what improvements you need to make.

Take Care,

Charlie B53

Sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:42:03 AM by cassandra » Logged
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2018, 07:29:35 AM »

At the moment they are trying to clear it with drugs. If that fails they will operate.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2018, 08:44:13 AM »

Glad to hear The Learned ones worked it out too.

Good luck Paul

Love, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print