I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:09:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories
| | |-+  Travel date dialysis in japan
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Travel date dialysis in japan  (Read 4242 times)
carebearrocks55

« on: March 19, 2018, 05:56:19 AM »

Hi looking for review on dialysis at Kotoni Heart Internal Medicine
https://g.co/kgs/BS4DwD

Anyone can recommend if they have tried dialysis in Sapporo. Any advice is appreciated.. Thanks
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 06:34:54 AM »

Welcome to the site @carebearrocks5.  I don't have recommendations, but I did have a Japan trip booked pre transplant and someone over at the Facebook group Dialysis Traveler https://facebook.com/groups/773617152683074 had some experiences in Japan.  I received my transplant in July so I didn't end up needing to schedule dialysis there for my November trip.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
lulu836

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 07:53:11 AM »

Is there a secret handshake or something to be able to register on that site?  I fill out the name and pw and hit register and the page tells me I'm not authorized.  Anyone?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my kidneys the most.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 08:08:39 AM »

Is there a secret handshake or something to be able to register on that site?  I fill out the name and pw and hit register and the page tells me I'm not authorized.  Anyone?

Log into Facebook before you click the link, then you should be looking for a button that says "+ Join".  I believe that after you "join" you need to wait for approval.

FYI the group has many UK folks so they have lots of experience with UK holiday destinations like Tenerife and mediterranean destinations.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
lulu836

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 08:29:11 AM »

Don't use FB anymore, is there another way?  Thanks

iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 08:56:51 AM »

Don't use FB anymore, is there another way?  Thanks
It looks like you can read most of the posts and reply's with out signing up.  But you will not be able to participate.  So you can ask questions on the travel forum here and use global dialysis to find centers but you can not participate in that group without a Facebook account.

lulu836

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 01:46:05 PM »

OK thanks......not willing to fall into the FB trap again.

carebearrocks55

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 06:32:19 PM »

Dear iolaire, thanks so much for the fb group will definitely check it out ;) it's actually for a family member who is already 70 yrs old hence just want to be sure and thought of checking out reviews first. Thanks!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »