I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:54:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Best Buy....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Buy....  (Read 3703 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: December 31, 2017, 09:22:50 AM »

Best Buy.....  It is a Chain Store here that carries computers, TV's, Appliances and such

My friend and I go in so she can buy a laptop for her son.  She reads every card description on each model.  She finds the one she wants.... no boxes under the display.  We get an employee.  He digs out his hand held inventory gysmo and.... "we don't have that in stock"  can we order it "no, it is not in our warehouse"  when will you get it in again?  "we are not getting anymore in"..... can we buy the display model? "no".

I lose it.... Why is this sitting here?  Take it to the back or put an "Out of STOCK sign on it!    WE cannot do that...!!! 

We go to the next one that she likes.....  No boxes under the display.   We get a different employee....  "this is out of stock, we are not getting anymore in, you can't order it, and you can't buy the display!  WTF 
I go get the manager of the STORE.  I tell him this is bait and switch.  He says "no it is not" 

I go home and get on the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and they aren't even listed.  BBB is a scam itself because businesses PAY to be a member...  So, I try and find a phone number to the corporate office of Best Buy and you guessed it.... they don't have one listed ANYWHERE.  My BP is pretty good by now.  There is a Chat.... so I type out my whole story and ....  wait for it....   "Chat is not working at this time, please try later"

SCREW IT!    Just shoot me!   :banghead;

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 10:30:14 AM »

Thanks ReRun for the morning laugh. I really needed it today. Not that the situation is laughable, but you have to laugh or you have to cry. I have always wondered how that happens and have never gotten an answer. You would think that Best Buy would have offered to sell you the display model at least at a heavily discounted price. Maybe one of our members has worked in retail and can explain it. I sincerely hope your day gets better too.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 11:09:46 AM »

"we are not getting anymore in"..... can we buy the display model? "no".

That would not happen in England, if you put it on display as "for sale" you have to sell it. You don't even have to have the item itself on display. I went into a 'phone shop a few years back, saw a laptop advertised in a photo on their wall, but when I asked for one they did not have any and had discontinued the range. I got bolshie and eventually them managed to obtain one. It took a few days, and I don't know if it was from another store in the chain or if they bought one from the wholesalers, but I got the computer, because the law states that once they advertised it, they had to sell it.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »

Our Best Buy closed.  Seems the property owner, that guy that owns the Rams and moved them out of St Louis, owns the building, raised the rent for the new lease so high the Store decided to close and find another location.

St Louis City has evidence the guy was lying when he negotiated the City to spend MILLIONS upgrading the stadium.  Evidence is that he was secretly negotiating to move the team to LA.  St Louis wants their money back.

We live about 60 miles West of STL.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 06:05:41 PM »

One issue is that low paid sales staff are not empowered to make decisions, just follow rules and policies.

Oh, and "Best Buy" is oxymoronic.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:43:09 AM by Simon Dog » Logged
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 12:17:45 AM »

Most states have a consumer protection agency,  that’s who to complain to since advertising a non existent product and then trying to sell a more expensive product is illegal.  It’s referred to as bait and switch.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »

Most states have a consumer protection agency,  that’s who to complain to since advertising a non existent product and then trying to sell a more expensive product is illegal.  It’s referred to as bait and switch.
That would be the AGs office here in the DPRM.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »