I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:02:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories
| | |-+  Ten Days in the camper
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ten Days in the camper  (Read 3386 times)
Vt Big Rig

« on: September 05, 2017, 06:05:06 PM »

We just got back from spending 10 days by the lake in the camper. Had a pallet of bags delivered the first day.

Only issue we had was when to treat. Did not want to miss beautiful days, didn't want to miss beautiful sunset.

Thank you, NxStage.

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 02:10:37 AM »

I knew there are vacation deliveries available with sufficient notice but I never gave a thought as to WHERE.

Delivery to an RV Camp site is great!  I would have thought you would need a trailer, pick up the pallet somewhere in town, and haul it out to the site.

I imagine this is only available to limited easily available locations.  Definitely NOT the high country places I used to pitch a tent.  LOL
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 02:43:59 PM »

I knew there are vacation deliveries available with sufficient notice but I never gave a thought as to WHERE.

Delivery to an RV Camp site is great!  I would have thought you would need a trailer, pick up the pallet somewhere in town, and haul it out to the site.

I imagine this is only available to limited easily available locations.  Definitely NOT the high country places I used to pitch a tent.  LOL

Actually Charlie this was a property the family owns so it has an actual address. However last year I had a weeks worth delivered to a campground in Indiana where we were to attend a rally. Alas, fistula issues at the time forced us to cancel the trip. They "disposed" of the bags.

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 06:00:39 PM »

I'm sorry you had the issues and were unable to make your trip that time.  Still, it's pretty neat that supplies will be delivered some places other than at home.

Needle-phobic as I am it may be some time yet before I am ever able to even consider doing so.

Someday, maybe.  Just not today.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 06:30:16 PM »

Glad you got away!

:clap;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »