I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:17:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Humor, Pictures, Stories and Poems
| | |-+  funny
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: funny  (Read 3423 times)
babycake

« on: July 04, 2017, 03:38:03 PM »

i posted a sticker pic of dialyis
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:33:12 PM »

I need to get some of tha printer decal paper and print this.  My Tech would be thrilled.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 05:07:47 AM »

Its interesting how you find your self having preferences.  Sometimes I wonder if they really are better than the rest or if you just click better with some of them. 

Recently my "best" tech infiltrated me for the second time after the nurse infiltrated me a first time.  (She was removing the first infiltrated needle and pressed down on the bandage causing the new needed to infiltrate.) It was a day of calamity but we all handled it well.  That made me wonder if I would have been so forgiving with another tech who I didn't trust as much. 

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 05:19:01 AM »

The other day I was at a party and saw a 3-D rose. It was amazing.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 05:32:50 AM »

I planted three Roses this year. I sort of had to.  I had inadvertantly killed the little one Dau gave her Mom years ago.  Far too many leaves left in the flower beds.  I flicked my Bic and burnt them off.  The fire around that Rose was a bit too much heat for it.

I'm a Dumb a$$.

A year or two ago I made the same mistake with an Evergreen bush.  I have burnt the  leaves that accumulate under there a number of time without a problem.  This time the bush itself decided to commit suicide by immolation.  It was glorious.  Afterwards there was only the front half of the bush.  The whole back half went up in HOT flames,  It didn't take but a couple of minutes. Earlier this year I gave up on it's ever growing out of it.  Wrapped a chain around it and yanked it out with my truck.  I was pretty firmly anchored, I had to yank on it three times before it came loose.  Firm yank stopped my truck with a surprising jerk, cleared all the accumulated glasses, paper, garage door opener, radar detector, EVERYTHING, came flying back landing in the floor.

She may stay mad at me over these forever.
 No matter how many more Roses I plant.

I'm married/doomed.

EDIT:  6/5/17 Spelling Corrections - Charlie B53
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:10:12 PM by Charlie B53 » Logged
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 10:13:41 AM »

Poor Charlie....... have you ever thought of using a rake???

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 05:24:04 PM »

I'm a 'Guy'.  We don't think.

I often landscape using my weed-wacker, blower, then flicking my Bic.

I do own a couple of spring rakes.  All are metal tines so U can use them to rake up the mess around the fire spot and not hurt them with the heat.

With 60 some trees I am always burning the sticks, dead fall from every rain storm.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 06:51:47 PM »

Charlie it a common mistake to attach the chain to the tree to remove it.  It is better to trench around toe tree and wrap tie chain around the root ball, then a steady pressure on the chain will pull the chain through the root ball.  During the 70's my father attached my 75 Jeep CJ5 to a evergreen and tried to pull the stump out.  When I came out he had the front wheels about 5 feet in the air.  Had him back the Jeeo down.   Dug a trench and I cut the root ball and removed the stump, then I had to do 4 more.  Saved my Jeep and made my father nuts it was a great day.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 10:55:02 PM »

What kind of tree do you have Charlie? Fruit trees??

Michael, sometimes it is more fun to make like you are doing things like Dad says and wait until you have saved the day to mention, "Oh yeah Dad, I did it my way"/

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 04:04:42 AM »

Only two Cherry trees left.  The bugs here in Mid-Missouri are terribly hard on fruit trees.  We last the other 6 Cherries, the Pear, and both Apples to bugs.. 

Most all 60 some are Oaks with a number of Elm, and one or two Walnut.

Lost 8 or 10 Pines lining both sides of the driveway to bugs.  Seems Pines tend to die off after only about 30 years here, stressed by the bugs, they can't take it.  I had a tree guy come look to give me an estimate if they could be treated and saved.  He told me $500 EACH and NO Guarantees.   I told him I could buy a LOT of gas with the $500 from the first tree and save all the rest of the money.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »