I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:29:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  California Legislature
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: California Legislature  (Read 2949 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: June 21, 2017, 10:56:49 AM »

I found a letter int he waiting room asking patients to tell the legislature they were NOT in favor of the new regs they want in dialysis centers.
It was very one sided and listed several things that might happen.  Here is a link to the new rules they want to put into the centers.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB349

What do you all think?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:55:09 PM »

I was a visitor at a clinic with 4 chairs (all in use); one tech and on RN.  The total Tech to patient ration was 1:4, but the overall staff ration was 1:2.   Would this load require two techs, even though the RN ratio was 1:4?  if so, the reg has unintended consequences.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 10:40:52 PM »

Seems the legislation has gone through. I received a time change today from 12:45 pm on time to 1:25 pm time.  A fifteen minute before time to get ready for the dialysis is included in those times.  True on times are 1pm and 1:40pm

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 05:01:24 AM »

Recent amendment of CMA Rules have placed a time limit on how soon the next patient can be seated in a chair.  The time is supposed to ensure staff perform adequate 'cleaning' of the chair, machine, etc., before the next patient is seated.

My Clinic just passed out a letter informing us of this requirement and the need for us to be timely on arrival for treatments as being late will cause the next patient to also become 'late' because of these time constraints.

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 01:21:51 PM »

Seems the legislation has gone through. I received a time change today from 12:45 pm on time to 1:25 pm time.  A fifteen minute before time to get ready for the dialysis is included in those times. 
What is funny is when the facility administrator changes your time and asks "would that be all right with you?" and when you say yes, just happens to have a printed schedule with your time to hand you.  Kind of makes one wonder what response a "no" would generate.
GA_DAWG

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 03:57:43 PM »

Our techs handle a max of five patients supposedly. However, if there are 11 or 12 patients, they will let the third go early and the other two have to pick up the extras. Sometimes the nurses help, sometimes not. That would be on each side of the center. Our techs work their behinds off, and sometimes get help from the nurses, depending on mood. Some nurses just basically refuse to help. We also went a couple of years with no charge nurse. The director shows up to get onto the techs and coddle the nurses.  OOur techs are definitely the reason for staying with our center. We also have the fifteen minute early request and a supposed limit between putting patients on.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 05:11:08 AM »

Maybe I am in a good clinic as I see our Nurses lending a hand almost every day.  They are often putting someone on or off a machine while the Techs are busy with another patient.

I have to admit they all seem to have a pretty great attitude.

But then again, I'm still pretty new at this and haven't been to 'other' clinics, so I don't have near the experiences many of you others have.
GA_DAWG

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 11:14:43 AM »

We had nurses like what you describe at one time Charlie. However, they have for the most part left because of the attitude of our Director. She takes complete advantage of those who do more than required, while defending those who do less.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »