I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:42:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  Needing Advice from the Ladies!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Needing Advice from the Ladies!  (Read 8343 times)
smartcookie

LMSW

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 10:34:29 AM »

Thank you, Charlie!  I am hoping I don't have to wait as long as some of those Biblical women!  That would be a long time to wait. 

I am a renal social worker.  I am happy to help answer questions, but please talk to your clinic social worker for specifics on your particular situation.
smartcookie

LMSW

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 07:19:22 AM »

I thought I would post an update on this.  In August, I went back to my OB/GYN and was told that my polyp had not grown and she did not think it was causing infertility.  She did blood work and I am ovulating appropriately and my hormone levels are good.  On Monday, I did an HSG.  It is a test where you have a catheter put in your uterus and have dye put in.  Then a radiologist takes x-rays to see if the fallopian tubes are blocked.  OMG.... It was pretty painful.  I also found out that some women get nauseous if you touch their cervix.  I am one.  Yay.  The test came back normal, though.  No blockages.  This test does help increase fertility for 3 months because it cleans out your uterus, so maybe it will happy for my hubby and I now.  We will see.  As soon as I know anything, I will let y'all know. 

I am a renal social worker.  I am happy to help answer questions, but please talk to your clinic social worker for specifics on your particular situation.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »

Well lots of 'rabitting around' then smartcookie'  :angel;

I had that test too, it's absolutely terrible. They asked my husband to come in with me. Like some 'the whole family together' thing. As soon as the ridiculous pain started, I started swearing, my husband fainted........

Everything was fine, we decided not to go ahead with IVF (it was the first test of a poss IVF procedure as they would only do that in the 2' year of transplant) I knew that (with the Prednison I was still on) I would very most likely throw the kid out of the window if I had one of my freaky out moods) with the pain of trying to get that kid. It would be fairer for all of us to just 'rabbit around'.

I hope you'll get successful by just rabbitting around.

Love, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 02:27:50 PM »

Smartcookie, I so hope you will be having bunnies very soon.  You've been through so much.   :cuddle;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Cupcake

a good year for Chevys

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 03:41:34 PM »

Don't give up but trying hard to lose even a little weight may trigger ovulation. Many women have fibroids and still carry to term. The polyps I'm not so familiar with but losing even 10percent of your weight can put your hormones back in line to do their job. Best of luck!

PD for 2 years then living donor transplant October 2018.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2017, 05:19:25 AM »

I've no  idea about the weight thing, but it has been noted countless times that many female athletes reduction in body mass, levels of areobic activity, all reduced fertility.  Thankfully this condition does return to a much more 'normal' level when activity is reduced.  There was no set 'level' of activity noted.

I imagine if one was to far over-weight it might reduce ability, however there have been a number of VERY large women come to term that never even had a clue that they were pregnant.

I would be willing to bet money that stress levels have a measurable impact.  May I suggest a three month sabbatical on a tropical island with your Husband?  Get away from everything, the jobs, Relatives, the Dr's.  Just relax and enjoy.

If I were a Dr I would write that prescription.
smartcookie

LMSW

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2017, 07:08:48 AM »

Wow, Charlie!  I wish you were my doctor!  lol!  I am planning on taking some time off in the next couple months.  In November, it will just be a couple days, but I am hoping for a week in December!  I have had a little trouble getting days off recently, but it should be worked out by then.  I will just be glad when we are through hurricane season because that makes work so much more stressful! 

And thanks, everyone!  Cassandra, I apparently apologize when I am in pain and kept apologizing to the doctor and x-ray tech!  They were laughing at me apologizing so much!  :rofl;  It was definitely not as bad as the CT myelogram I had for my back.  I screamed during that thing... The doctor think he hit my spine by accident. 

Plenty of rabbiting will be had, I am sure.  I really hope this works out.  I would love to give my parents and in-laws some grands!  My husband's grandmother is 94 and looking for her first great grandchild.  I would love to give her one and see her rocking that baby!  My husband's only sibling has some autism, so I suspect that I may be the only one to give my in-laws grandchildren.  Everyone is crossing their fingers for us at this point.  If this doesn't work out, we will start looking into adoption. 

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »