I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:52:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  I am soooo pissed off!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am soooo pissed off!!!!  (Read 4408 times)
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« on: June 14, 2017, 02:37:17 PM »

:rant; I have just wasted 3 days of my short life dealing with f^&&%*%g Baxter.  I had 3 whole boxes of PD ultrabags that are defective (they don't fill properly)/.  I have been on the phone with Baxter for hours trying to arrange a replacement and a pickup of the 3 cartons (of 6 2 liter bags each).   Finally I got the replacements yesterday, but the delivery guy couldn't take away the bad boxes at the same because they didn't have a magic return label.  Now they do and I called UPS for a pickup.  I waited ALL DAY for the UPS guy. They just came and refused to come in the house to pick up the boxes.  I couldn't have been clearer in my zillion phone calls about the fact that I can't lift these heavy boxes because recent surgery and torn ligaments in my back.  So now I have to wait again for a call back from Baxter that will probably never come.  I am soooooooo pissed off.  Such a waste.

Fix.ed Smiley - Rerun, Admin
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:19:09 PM by Rerun » Logged

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 02:47:10 PM »

:Kit n Stik;

Just makes you want to scream!

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 03:36:55 PM »

I am so sorry and it must be so frustrating
and I so hope things get sorted very soon.
All the best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
nursey66

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 04:35:18 PM »

I just don't get it !  They go into business to pick up stuff , I used to work for a clinic and not only did ups come inside to get stuff , they also came in all the way back to our storage room to drop off lots of big boxes of supplies. !! 
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 05:25:16 PM »

I was so enraged that I could barely listen to the UPS guy.  But I think he muttered somegthing about insurance.  But I'm really pissed at Baxter for their horrible lack of good communication. I'm a very clear person.  I told them in no uncertain terms that I needed the pickup INSIDE the house.  The fact that that critical tidbit of information never reached UPS is Baxter's fault.

Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
JVT90

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 06:52:06 PM »

Ohhh, That's so frustrating when you specifically say something and it goes over their heads. Hope they get it straightened out soon.

Husband started in clinic dialysis 2015
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 08:29:41 PM »

Oh wow, that is horrible. You would think the UPS driver could have figured it out by himself, but nooooooooooo.  Sorry you had to go thru this and I hope you can get them straightened out soon.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »

UPS drivers are governed by a policy for EVERYTHING.   There is even a policy as to how to hold the keys (notches up or down) when entering the truck and which foot goes on the steps first.  A driver entering entering someone's house could be risking his job.   I would not be surprised if the policies for entering a business are different than breaching a residential perimeter.

If you sign up for UPS "my choice" on line (the free version), UPS will email you a day before any package is delivered, as well as the day before any call tag pickup is done.    I find this free service very useful.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:26:54 PM by Simon Dog » Logged
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 03:34:14 AM »

I am half surprised that Baxter wants the boxes returned.  One bag should be sufficient to tell what went wrong in production.  The rest may be trashed, emptied into the garden and tossed in the trash.

Why pay the added freight to return the whole boxes?

I don't know of any of the major freight/package companies that will enter a home much more than 6 feet past the front door.  Far too many stupid things have happened. Insurance companies dictate many policies to business.

I would recommend you take the scissors to each bag, drain them, Stuff them all back into one box and it should be light enough you can place it on the front porch.

Baxter does not need to liquid.  The problem is within the hoses and fittings.  They will still be able to figure out what is wrong.

Hopefully you will soon be able to find the humor in this situation.  Companies have no Common Sense.  I doubt if they ever will.  Seems few people can actually use their brain and think.
Tío Riñon

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 07:43:52 AM »

I'm sorry you're having these issues with Baxter K&S, but it is par for the course.  I have been sparring with them for 4-5 years.  It never changes.  I just fought with them over my Extraneal delivery for this month (and have been doing so for the past few months too).  It was back ordered until I continually called and complained.  I received my shipment 24 hours later!

Basically, you have to keep after them, unfortunately.  Here are some tips:

1.  Call the customer service number and explain your situation again about not being able to lift the boxes and the fact that UPS cannot come in to get the shipment.  Request that they either send a Baxter driver OR a private courier to get the shipment.  I have a similar issue when they ship product to me via UPS.

2.  If they give excuses, request a supervisor.  Explain your position and expectations.  Ask for THEIR supervisor if they can't/won't help.

3.  Call your state ESRD Network (http://esrdnetworks.org/membership/esrd-networks) and request that they advocate on your behalf.  They are the organization tasked by CMS (Medicare) with helping patients with kidney disease.

I know it can be time consuming, but keep after them and you will get some results.

Let us know how things go.  Good luck!

kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 08:03:08 AM »

Thanks, Tio.  Those are good suggestions.  In this case, the cust. service guy followed through this morning and has arranged for a regular driver to come Monday to pick up the boxes.  We'll see....But I have to waste yet another day being home for the driver.  Of course, i'm disabled and have nothing better to do :sarcasm;

Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »