I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:36:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  What in Gods name is enPCR
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What in Gods name is enPCR  (Read 5294 times)
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« on: April 18, 2017, 09:35:07 AM »

I recently began accessing the Fresinius Portal to obtain my lab work the next day.  All of a sudden they are reporting something called enPCR and have it in red which means. I have a problem.  But since I can't find a definition of enPCR I have no idea what the problem is. Any body know?
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:02 AM »

Looks like some form of this:
protein catabolic rate (PCR). The PCR is used to assess dietary protein intake in dialysis patients.

This topic reviews the use of the PCR for the estimation of protein intake and recommendations for optimal protein intake for dialysis patients.
https://www.uptodate.com/contents/protein-intake-in-maintenance-hemodialysis-patients

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 11:06:13 AM »

One of the reasons I check out IHD daily is to learn from others, smarter than I like Iolair. Great to know  some one is always there to help.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 03:28:36 PM »

Thanks iolaire your explanation fit with a small snippet on the internet that enPCR was not accurate for patients with residual kidney function since not all clerance is handled by dialysis.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 08:57:36 AM »

I recently began accessing the Fresinius Portal to obtain my lab work the next day.
I suggest you have your doc give you access to the results via https://go.acumenehr.com/health/portal/HealthRecord.aspx as well.

The Acumen portal gives access to many additional lab values not included in the simplified view made available on the FMC web site.  (urr, bicarb, platlets, iron, wbc, rbc, etc.)

The FMC portal does provide some info not on acumen - for example, the graph of previous lab results and the calculated Kt/V.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »