I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:48:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I got a date
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I got a date  (Read 7923 times)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2017, 11:11:44 AM »

Good grief, you've had quite the day!  I'm very glad you are OK and hope your wife will be, too.  Thanks so much for the update!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2017, 12:32:10 PM »

Lots of hurry up and wait in her hospital.  She just now got back to her room from the echo-cardio stress test that I told her about the other day.  Probably won't learn the results until Dr comes around tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow she is scheduled for an endoscopy hoping to learn the cause of chronic indigestion and vomiting.

Hopefully the Psych will also be in tomorrow as I Believe most of her problems are associated with the depression caused by her vision loss.

Free coffee in the floor waiting room.  I may have to go see about a cup.  I haven't had anything to drink other than that morning cup this morning.
Wondering if Elevil is still in use. Wonder if that will lift her spirits.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2017, 01:00:25 PM »

Very glad to hear all went well Charlie. I hope your wife will improve soon.

Love, luck and strength for the both of you, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2017, 03:46:05 PM »

Is it a full moon? Mercury retrograde?? Fistula surgery, wife in ER and our other member Cas falling ill...WTH is going on? Glad your fistula surgery went okay, please keep us posted on the wife. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers now!  :pray;

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »

Sorry, moon was less than half last night.

I looked.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 07:47:31 AM »

Is it a full moon? Mercury retrograde?? Fistula surgery, wife in ER and our other member Cas falling ill...WTH is going on? Glad your fistula surgery went okay, please keep us posted on the wife. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers now!  :pray;

Whatever cosmic thing is going on, I don't like it!!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2017, 09:02:46 PM »

Wife came home this afternoon. No explanation for the strange EKG as the EchoCardio was actually better than her last one by a little bit.

Psych did see her and talked about her depression.  Increased her Prozac a little and added something to help her sleep.

Will have to wait and see how she does.

My arm is tender in places but no leaks.  I suspect the muscle in the forearm tenderness is swelling from internal leakage from the surgery.  I expect it to start getting better in just a few days.  Got me a squeezy 'bean' and a ball.  Now I need to get in the habit of using them to help develop my fistula quicker, better, stronger, faster, etc..

LorinnPKD

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 10:06:50 PM »

Mercury retrograde just ended May 3, thank goodness!  Things have been bonkers since April 9, and it's too many things to be coincidence.

Charlie, are you cleared to use the squeezy?  I had to wait like a week before using so I had time to heal first.
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2017, 02:00:00 AM »

Good to hear Charlie.

:flower;

Love, luck and strength to you and you wife, Cas

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2017, 05:10:42 AM »

I hope things settle down for you.  As someone with a chronic condition but a wife with no issues I fear a little bit should she start to have her own medical issues. 

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2017, 05:24:05 AM »

Speedy and complete recovery for both of you.  Take good care.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2017, 07:42:19 AM »

She did give in and took the new sleeping pill last night.  I see this morning that sometime during the night she again took off her CPAP, she does that a lot, claiming it 'bothers' her. And as I was getting up she was making noises, I think she is dreaming and talking to someone.  So I expect tonight she will either refuse the pill or have me cut it in half.

I need to get her to try one of the other types of CPAP 'masks' instead of the nasal pillow that she currently has.  There are a few different masks, some being far more comfortable to some people than others.  You got to find what 'fits' you best in order to sleep comfortably.  She hasn't tried anything other than the one she has.  I switch between two of them depending on how my nose feels.  Allergies sometimes crop up and make it half tender.  Never causing any runnyness.  Mine are all post-nasal drip, discharge, however you want to describe it.  I'm weird.

Lorin said something about being 'cleared' to use the squeezy.  No one has mentioned any restrictions other than lifting or strong/heavy exertion.  I won't strain very hard.  Once upon a time long ago when I played football I kept a hand spring thing with me.  That sucker was tough.  I did sets of 100, then switched hands and did it again.  I couldn't tell you how many sets I did every day.  Suffice to say though, If I so much as got my hand on a player, he was mine. I could squeeze a bathroom scale with both hands to over 400.

That was long ago.  Now I am a punk/whimp. I might be lucky to squeeze maybe 150 on a good day.  Not today.

sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:25:11 PM by cassandra » Logged
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2017, 08:09:30 AM »

It must be a real strain for both of you to have medical issues.  I hope your wife finds a gizmo that will suit her and thus make her more amenable to using it.  When you are not sleeping well, everything looks bleak.  There is a reason that sleep deprivation is a torture tactic.

LorinnPKD

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2017, 09:39:02 AM »

I wasn't allowed to lift more than 10 pounds for the first week.  Ten pounds is nothing, hardly even moderate.

Charlie, please don't use the squeezy yet until you ask them to be cleared for it.  I'm worried for you.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »

Before I had my fistula created, I already knew that I would have to squeeze a ball or something to help my fistula mature, thanks to information I found on IHD and other sites.

So, my husband kindly bought me two brightly colored squeezy balls.

After my fistula was created, I asked when I could begin the squeezing.  I was told it was unnecessary but, rather, I should just carry on as usual, short of lifting more than 20 pounds with that arm once it was sufficiently healed.

I was really surprised as this went against all I ever read.

But sure enough, my fistula matured quickly.

So, now I am a bit skeptical about the whole fistula exercising thing.  I suppose it can't hurt, but I'm not sure it is essential.  It wasn't for me, that's all I can say.

cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2017, 02:31:55 PM »

She did give in and took the new sleeping pill last night.  I see this morning that sometime during the night she again took off her CPAP, she does that a lot, claiming it 'bothers' her. And as I was getting up she was making noises, I think she is dreaming and talking to someone.  So I expect tonight she will either refuse the pill or have me cut it in half

I'm glad to hear she's sleeping Charlie. And you could maybe compromise on 3/4.

Love, Cas

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »