I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:31:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Anyone play computer games?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone play computer games?  (Read 4482 times)
Warborg

« on: March 22, 2017, 04:04:35 PM »

I love playing RTS type games like Star Trek Armada(1&2), Starcraft, Age of Empires and a few others.

I'm also playing an online game called farmerama.

I'm a big time Star Trek fan(look at my username closely).
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 06:02:12 PM »

Well, I've been playing Candy Crush since I've got my ipad in '12. Wood Puzzle (or whatever the name is) Wordfeud, Candy Shoot. I find it ridiculously relaxing, , mind numbing, winds me down.

:angel;

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 07:18:56 PM »

Right now I am playing Carrier Batles for Guadalcanal.  It is a awesome simulation of the Naval fight in the Pacific starting with Coral Sea ending with  the Bougainville campaign.  It plays on my iPad and modifies its scenarios so no to games are alike. It's a great game.  And the best part is the author is putting out upgrades every couple of months that improve and expand American.
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 09:21:03 AM »

I've been playing Ingress for a while now. I'm not sure I can clearly explain the game ... you use your phone to play, there are two teams, encourages walking, from there it gets complicated.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 11:36:42 AM »

I'm a Nintendo nut, and have been since the NES first came out in the 80s.  I've been on a search for an NES Classic since they came out back in November, with no luck.

The two games I play most are Animal Crossing New Leaf, on my 3DS and Farmville 2: Country Escape on my tablet

I also still have my original GameBoy, with two games (Tetris and Super Marioland) and a battery pack.  It still works, but with my eyesight I'm not able to use it.  I can't see the older green LCD screen.  It took me a few tries to realize that the screen wasn't broken, I just couldn't see it. *G*  I asked a local pawn shop what it might be worth.  They told me they'd take it for $15.  I told them to kiss my hat. *L*  I'll hold on to it for another 20 years and see what it's worth then.

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 04:11:09 PM »

I do crosswords.   I rarely ever play games any longer.  I used to when our kids were young.  We bought the Atari 5200 when it first came oput, along with a whole box full of the additional game cartridges.  Daughter soon Mastered Ms Pac Man.  I swear she could damn near play that game blindfolded.  I never did learn that thing.  I did best on one of the space games.  The Atari controller had a telephone keypad, every button had two different functions, one switch the functionality from A to B.  It also had weapons buttons, two on each side of the controller.  The Kids and I played that Atari so much we wore out the joystick controllers inside, replaced them both under warranty and wore those out as well.  Once the warranty expired the cost of replacing the controllers was so high, by then the price of the whole game set had dropped to only $100, so we bought a second unit assy.  Wore those controllers out, replacling them under warranty then wore the new ones out again.  Shelved both assy's.  They are still on the shelf in the basement.  Many times I have considered ordering the parts as they are a common, or used to be common, duel channel variable resister 'pots'.  I should be able to find them through most any of the electronics warehouses.  I have just been too lazy.

I quit gaming after that, figuring my time was much better spent doing something more productive.

Son and Grandsons 'game.  They can't get much of anything done.  Waste far too much time glued to that screen playing stupidness.

Sorry, just my opinion.

Warborg

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 04:29:50 PM »

I been playing Homeworld 2 lately. I bought the game most likely in 2003 but only installed it and never played it. I've done this with a few other games where it sat for years before I played them.
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 07:58:21 AM »

I'm still playing Settlers I (Released 1993, and still the best game I have ever played).

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 10:28:13 PM »

I downloaded, but have yet to install, a game I played when I was a kid, called Cross Country Canada.  Basically, you are a truck driver, and you pick up and deliver commodities to different cities in Canada.  I played it, and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego (which you can now play online) in the early 90s when I was in hospital as a kid.

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »