I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:37:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  Remember?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remember?  (Read 3941 times)
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« on: March 18, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »

"Remember?" (Found on FB)

"Remember when the President said he wasn't going to take a salary?
He just accepted his second paycheck.

Remember when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall?
He has asked Congress to appropriate the $25 billion of taxpayer money to cover costs.

Remember when he said he wasn't going to go on vacation or play golf?
5 of the last 7 weekends he went on vacation and played golf, costing taxpayers $11.1 million.

Remember when he said he was going to use American steel to build these dangerous pipelines?
Russian steel arrived last week for the Keystone Pipeline XL.

Remember when he said he wasn't going to cut social security and Medicare?
The Republican bill does just this.

Remember when he said that nobody on his campaign had any communications with the Russian government?
7 of his people have now admitted they spoke and/or met with Russian officials, after they lied and got caught.

Remember when he said he was going to divest from his businesses?
Changed his mind.

Remember when he said he was going to release his tax returns?
Changed his mind.

Remember when he said he was going to drain the swamp of Washington insiders?
His cabinet is filled with lobbyists, oil and Wall Street executives.

Remember when he said would defeat ISIS in 30 days?
He doesn't have any plan.

Remember when he said that the Obamacare replacement would cover more people at lower cost?
The AHCA that the GOP and 45 are now pushing; they now admit will cover fewer people at a higher cost.

If you voted for him, please hold him accountable to what he promised you - for all of our sakes."

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 03:30:17 PM »

I remember KaS, I wish you strength for the next few years, and I can only hope he's forgotten his invitation to the UK queen too.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
nursey66

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 04:20:36 PM »

I remember  !! I do remember that well !! Every day would be a comedy hour if it wasn't so sad 😭!
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 05:42:02 PM »

The worse part of this farce is he has no idea what position he was elected to, and he seems never to heard that our government is built with a series of checks and balance.  He writes a stupid executive order and the courts applying the 14th admenedment block the order when the 9th circuit court of appeals created a 3 judge panel one was appointed by bush and is as conservative as they come Drumph the Idiot looses a 3 to 0 vote and claims the court is exceeding its responsibility. He has no idea how the legislative process is established.  He makes up news from rumors he's heard.  The man is delusional.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 07:26:32 AM »

May I point out that this is just yet another example of how campaign promised generally are forgotten once elected.

No surprise, we see this after EVERY election, at all levels of government. Not only with Presidents, but with Congress Members, Senate, State Representatives, County Board Members, City Officials, they ALL tells us what we want to hear yet once in office do what they want anyway.

The best we can hope for it that during their term in office they make more changes for the better than they hurt our system.

I remain Hopeful that Trump will improve the Country.  But I am not going to hold my breath while waiting.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 07:43:30 AM »

May I point out that this is just yet another example of how campaign promised generally are forgotten once elected.
We had a congressman out here in the  DPRM (Meehan) who campaigned on terms limits.  Naturally, he changed his mind when the end of his term arrived and he ran for re-election.   Just as Republicans ignore their candidate breaking campaign promises, Democrats faithfully re-elected him until he retired to a lucrative state job.   
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »