I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  introduction
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: introduction  (Read 4097 times)
superrick

« on: May 06, 2017, 11:34:04 PM »

Hi there all...this is Superrick introducing myself ...now I have figured how to use this site< I think lol :2thumbsup;

That which does not kill you, makes you stronger!!
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 05:20:42 AM »

Welcome to IHD Superrick.

You must know how to use a browser or you wouldn't even have gotten this far. So you will find this site easy to follow.  Just read the areas you have interest.  There is a LOT of information here.

If you have specific questions you can play with the Search feature and pull up a list of threads that will have your search terms or phrases in them.

Or you can post a new thread and ask your questions.

It is a bit helpful to us, and satisfies our curiousity if you would tell a little bit about yourself.  What your kidney problem is, how it came to be, and what you are doing about it.  Are you already ON Dialysis, or is Dialysis in your near future?

You will find we are a pretty tight knit 'Family'.  We readily welcome new members and come to love and care for all.

Take Care,

Charlie B53
SooMK

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 07:05:07 AM »

Hi Superrick, Welcome. One thing that helped me navigate IHD was to use the "show unread posts since last visit" link at the top of the forum's page. I think someone mentioned it in a post after I had been coming here for awhile and it was like an aha moment for me. Hope to see your posts soon.

SooMK
Diagnosed with Uromodulin Kidney Disease (ADTKD/UMOD) 2009
Transplant from my wonderful friend, April 2014
Volunteering with Rare Kidney Disease Foundation 2022. rarekidney.org
Focused on treatment and cure for ADTKD/UMOD and MUC1 mutations.
OldKritter

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 07:22:34 AM »

Welcome to our troupe
LorinnPKD

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 09:30:14 AM »

Welcome to the group!  Lots of great information here.

SooMK's so right about Show Unread Posts.  That feature makes my IHD experience so much better so I can quickly check out the most recent topics and participate more easily.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »

:welcomesign;  to the group. Hope you enjoy us and are able to have all your questions answered.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »

Welcome to the site supperrick

:welcomesign;

Take care, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 03:25:11 PM »

Glad you're here!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
superrick

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 03:14:29 AM »

Ah well, thanks to all the other poor bast..ds on this site for making my day lol.  :bandance;
I'm still trying to get my way around it but, I guess I will give it a go again ... :sos;
I have loads to say but won't bore u all now ...Dr says it's no transplant for me due to broken heart lol..literally!!  :sir ken;
So I've gone and married Betty Boop my dialysis machine, I mean we've become very close over the last year lol and looks like she'll be here for the long run, why not.
It was a grand wedding I must say, invited all the Vampires down at Dyo ward for knees up!! :yahoo; :rofl; :clap; :guitar: ...still have'nt recovered yet lol....ooops I guess I never will ha ha.
Till later suckers..smile x

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 04:59:06 AM »

LOL

Keep that sense of humor, it really helps when you can find the humor in an otherwise dull depression situation.

Then again, some Psych guy might find that we are seriously bent.

Oh Well.  I rather like myself this way.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 06:30:52 AM »

Welcome, recommend bookmarking this link for new posts since your last visit:
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?action=unread
the volume on this forum is low enough that if you visit about daily you can see all the updated threads in a manageable format.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 05:51:50 PM »

Welcome to Transylvania and the world of other suckers, superrick! Love your sense of humor!  :rofl;

Glad you got married! There's a few others on here who are also "married" and "at home" so check out the home section. And if your "wife" is anything like me, she expects you to be on-time, faithful, committed and to handle her with great care. But if for any reason she acts up and you have to pull the plug, come here and let us know. We might be able to offer some marriage counseling. I said might.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
superrick

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 08:02:58 PM »

Welcome to the site supperrick

:welcomesign;
Welcome to Transylvania and the world of other suckers, superrick! Love your sense of humor!  :rofl;

Glad you got married! There's a few others on here who are also "married" and "at home" so check out the home section. And if your "wife" is anything like me, she expects you to be on-time, faithful, committed and to handle her with great care. But if for any reason she acts up and you have to pull the plug, come here and let us know. We might be able to offer some marriage counseling. I said might.

Take care, Cas

Ah well, thanks to all the other poor bast..ds on this site for making my day lol.  :bandance;
I'm still trying to get my way around it but, I guess I will give it a go again ... :sos;
I have loads to say but won't bore u all now ...Dr says it's no transplant for me due to broken heart lol..literally!!  :sir ken;
So I've gone and married Betty Boop my dialysis machine, I mean we've become very close over the last year lol and looks like she'll be here for the long run, why not.
It was a grand wedding I must say, invited all the Vampires down at Dyo ward for knees up!! :yahoo; :rofl; :clap; :guitar: ...still have'nt recovered yet lol....ooops I guess I never will ha ha.
Till later suckers..smile x

Hi Cas,
Sorry about the delay in answering but I've just logged back in and I'm still not sure how to use this, hope I'm in the right place :oops; .

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »