I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:08:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  The Trump/Russia connection thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Trump/Russia connection thread  (Read 98223 times)
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2017, 03:23:40 PM »

God the only one who tells more lies then Fox News is trump.  Remember the Hilary connection to a D.C. Pizza parlor that was a secret child sex operation.  Some moron who,listened to Fox about this story brought a m-16 to the pizza joint and shot it up to free the children.  Absolutely bogus story it was dumb luck no one was killed.  Seth Rich is just the latest attempt to justify stopping a investigation tha Trump wants stopped.  He even wants the traitor Flynn to be left alone.  Problem seems to be what does Flynn know that Donald is so scared of.  Watch he is going to pardon Flynn to keep him out of jail.  Worry about this no the Trumpets have their heads so far up their proverbial butts they are blind to Trump and his bizarre behavior.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2017, 03:41:49 PM »

Remember the Hilary connection to a D.C. Pizza parlor that was a secret child sex operation. 
The sad thing to me is a high school classmate who is in strongly anti GMO/anti vaccination camp actually believed that crap as well....  Its not only the right that gets polluted with those fantasies.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2017, 03:53:22 PM »

Remember when the left said Comey wanted more money for the investigation?  That was a lie

Russia, Russia, Russia =  No Evidence.

Shaks24

« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2017, 05:30:22 PM »

Did you hear the testimony of the former CIA director today? There is definitely a Russia problem and Congress, FBI and the Special Prosecutor will get to the bottom of it. By the way, Trump lawyered up today with a personal attorney. I bet a bunch of his staff are seeking legal advice as well. They have kept so much information under wrap because of classification but just the information that has leaked to this point is quite damning. What seems to be clear is Trump has tried to stop this investigation multiple times. Why is he so afraid of it if it seeks the truth. Poor Flynn is getting nailed right and left with requests for documents. He pleaded the 5th so now they are making requests of his corporation to provide documents. Hope he saved some of that Russian money. He will need it for legal fees.  drip drip drip

Congestive heart failure 2011
Currently about 19% Kidney Function
September 11, 2013 PD Catheter and Fistula Surgery
September 27, 2013 Started PD
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2017, 06:40:40 PM »

Flynn, Flynn, Flynn = lots of evidence.  He took money, that was illegal for him to take without prior approval.  Several times when given the opportunity to come clean he lied.  Tonight the Senate investigation committee Issued Supena to the two corporations Flynn used to collect his 30 pieces of silver.  Corporations have no right to plead the 5th.  Flynn is now being backed into a corner.  Way back when the Presidunce complained that his people were wire tapped, clearly they were picked up on a FISA wiretapand and trump was complaining cause they don't want the content released.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2017, 08:32:37 PM »

If Trump stepped up and says I "accepted Russian help because I was playing to win, and that I did" that would be a disgrace to the entire country. It would be profoundly damaging. It would disqualify his administration and trigger a constitutional crisis.
What article in the constitution makes accepting foreign help in an election a "constitutional crisis"?

What do you mean by "disqualify his administration"? Would he lose any of his constitutional powers?  Lose the ability to issue executive orders?   Have the football taken away?   What does "disqualification" mean other than powerless little people (i.e., us) declaring they "do not recognize his presidency"?
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2017, 01:02:44 AM »

The Trumpets are living in what German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer referee to as Wolkenkuckucksheim translated as Cloud cuckoo land which refers to a state of absurdly over-optimistic fantasy or an unrealistically idealistic state where everything is perfect. Someone who is said to "live in cloud cuckoo land" is a person who thinks that things that are completely impossible might happen, rather than understanding how things really are.[1] It also hints that the person referred to is naive, unaware of realities or deranged in holding such an optimistic belief.  Every thing is good, the emperor is finely dressed,it's a good thing to gut Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps to fund the biggest give away to the rich in history.  Traitorous activities (Michael Flynn) are ok, links to the Russian intelligence services are a good thing.  As Flynn himself said if they are looking for immunity they are obviouly guilty.  Leaving me to say lock him up, lock him up, lock up the traitor Flynn.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2017, 06:56:31 AM »

absurdly over-optimistic fantasy
You mean like believing that the "affordable care act" will reduce medical costs, and not increase insurance rates for the un-subsidized?
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2017, 07:11:11 AM »

You mean passing legislation that a majority of Americans preferr to the Republican Death committee and Trumps move to gut Medicare, Medicaid, and Food stamps. Since most dialysis patient rely on Medicare to Medicaid the is a attempt by the Republicans to kill off a large majority of dialysis patients. But living in cloud cuckoo land people deny the reality of the effects this attempt to save money by killing off the people who need these services.  If you think that's the same as so called Obama care you are a resident of Cloud cuckoo land.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2017, 07:24:59 AM »

My point is BOTH SIDES make absurd assumptions like "growth will make up for any tax loss" or "the economy will grow at 3% a year".

It will be interesting to see if clinics deny treatment to patients who cannot get Medicaid for either pre-medicare dialysis, or the 20% balance once on Medicare.

There is already a plot to kill off dialysis patients - it's called "3 day a week in-center".
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2017, 09:06:25 AM »

If you think 3 days a week in center are bad wait until the Prisidunce and the republican controlled congress makes it 0 days a week dialysis.  This is a mockery of every thing we stand for.  Trump runs on don't worry we won't change anything. Then becomes worry cause I need the money to give my friends a massive tax cut.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:09:07 AM by Michael Murphy » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2017, 09:10:24 AM »

You need to Thank Republicans for even having dialysis at all. 

kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2017, 09:23:43 AM »

You need to Thank Republicans for even having dialysis at all. 

Why not try to stay in the present.  It's no longer the Nixon admin (even tho there are some resemblances).  Talking about Trump here.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2017, 09:26:25 AM »

Back in that day liberal and moderate Republicans existed instead of the 10 percent that survive today.  The current morons are salivating at the thought of gutting all the programs now on the chopping block. Then using the money to cut Trumps taxes along with the mega rich.  Leaving the regular people no where to go but Canada.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2017, 09:30:51 AM »

One other note in 1972 both houses of Congress were controlled by Democrats not Rpublicans.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:13:03 PM by Michael Murphy » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2017, 09:35:05 AM »

Okay, I'll jump up 38 years...  Why was it okay for Obummer to mess with the Israeli election.  He gave $350K of our tax payer money to the campaign against Netanyahu.  It didn't work, so maybe we got the money back?  LOL 

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2017, 10:44:22 AM »

And Israel never takes sides in American elections.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2017, 11:43:32 AM »

Taking sides is different than handing them 350K of your tax dollars. 

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2017, 12:50:22 PM »

Brennan's testimony as captured by C-Span is rather enlightening. But then, I guess those who support tRump would consider it all lies, even though he is speaking under oath!

https://www.c-span.org/video/?428636-1/former-cia-director-saw-intelligence-information-warrant-investigation

And Michael Murphy, you fell right into an argument trap by responding to the claim that the Obama administration gave money to oust Netanyahu. You conceded the point by not challenging it.  :bow;

At the time, the Washington TIMES, a decidedly right-leaning source posted:

"Some $350,000 was sent to OneVoice, ostensibly to support the group’s efforts to back Israeli-Palestinian peace settlement negotiations."

The article ends by saying that OneVoice did not turn political until AFTER it had received the funds. That did not stop the author from giving a different overall impression.

Notice the use of the pejorative "ostensibly." And the article made the conclusion that the purpose for giving the funds was not as purported, but really to oust Netanyahu. It gives no supporting evidence for that claim. Those leaning right would understandably be taken in by this clever bit of propaganda.

You see, it isn't really that hard to track down information and tease it out to see what stands up and what is a house of cards. It DOES take a little time and a willingness to bring strongly held beliefs into question.

Rerun, you should demand evidence. Don't just accept things that make you feel good or echo in your bubble. If you do, it is all too easy to be duped by those who want to control how you think.

Living an evidence-based life is quite liberating, because you can truly free yourself from the influence of those who just want to use you.

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
nursey66

« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2017, 01:45:59 PM »

I just had a big argument with my husband 's part B Medicare insurance yesterday . We got a letter yesterday that his anti rejection drugs are not covered. Never mind that they have paid for them since his transplant 19 months ago. I had to get the book out and read the page where it says " immunosuppressive drugs are covered by Medicare at 80% " The guy got a little defense, he kept saying it had to go to part D , finally said he would have a senior worker call me !  I really had to bite my tongue , wanting to say oh has Trump changed that rule too already ? Still waiting for the senior guy to call . Who trains these people ? That's been a rule for awhile now, this guy never heard of it till I read the page out of the book to him .
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2017, 04:07:51 PM »

Wow I'm speechless. Lots and lots of strength my sweet people over the water.

:grouphug;

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »

Strange news the Presidunce and his moron dwarf brigade made a small error in his budget request they used a trillion dollars twice in the budget for different programs.  They can't even do math
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2017, 06:20:25 PM »

But they do math better than the keeper 'of the funds' for HUD

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2017, 06:32:09 PM »

Were talking about a trillion dollar mistake.
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2017, 12:49:32 AM »

It's 2 trillion

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/447925/trumps-2-trillion-hole
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:55:26 AM by Bill Peckham » Logged

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »