I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:13:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  The Trump/Russia connection thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Trump/Russia connection thread  (Read 99298 times)
Shaks24

« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2017, 02:22:53 PM »

All kinds of new breaking news on this today. Leaks of Trumps conversations with the Russians where he belittled Comey and said firing him would take a lot of pressure off of him. Also reports that a person within the white house who is very close to Trump is now a person of interest in the investigation. I don't see how Trump gets out of this without resigning or being impeached. Sooner or later the GOP will have to act on this madness. I hope they can tie Pence into this mess too. Spicer did not even deny the conversation with the Russians. He just complained about the leak that made it known.

Congestive heart failure 2011
Currently about 19% Kidney Function
September 11, 2013 PD Catheter and Fistula Surgery
September 27, 2013 Started PD
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2017, 05:11:29 PM »

I don't have cable so I'm forced to watch the Fake drive by media.  So as usual Willow --  You are guessing!

tigtink

« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2017, 07:55:27 PM »

I usually stay away from this board, but the reference to Seth Rich is disturbing for two reasons: first, it has nothing to do with the current Trump controversy, and second, the story is simply not true. Seth Rich's family is outraged by the comments and crazy conspiracy theories spread by this PI. NBC News reports::

"The family of slain Democratic staffer Seth Rich is threatening legal action against a private investigator after his 'outrageous behavior' has given fuel to right-wing conspiracy theories about the unsolved murder of their son.

An attorney representing the family of Rich, who was 27 when he was killed last July, sent a cease and desist letter Friday to Rod Wheeler, a Fox News contributor and former Washington, D.C., homicide detective who was employed by the family and earlier this week told a Fox affiliate that he believed police were covering up details about the crime.

'Your statements and actions have caused, and continue to cause, the Family severe mental anguish and emotional distress. Your behavior appears to have been deliberate, intentional, outrageous, and in patent disregard of the Agreement and the obvious damage and suffering it would cause the Family,' wrote Joseph Ingrisano of the law firm Katuk Rock, according to a copy of the letter shared exclusively with NBC News."

They simply do not buy into his conclusions and they are being hurt by his grandstanding.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:58:36 PM by tigtink » Logged
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2017, 07:57:25 PM »

If they can tie Pence and wrap up the whole Dumb and Dumber adjministration, i hope it occurs in 2019 and the democrats take back the house in 2018. Then the nightmare solution does not happen Paul Ryan as President.  If the Demi's take the house in 2018 then in 2019 a Democrat would replace Ttump.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2017, 10:27:11 PM »

They simply do not buy into his conclusions and they are being hurt by his grandstanding.
None the less, the coincidence is amazing.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2017, 01:32:51 AM »

Sorry Michael, but........ in re your last post, Dream on Baby!!!!!

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Shaks24

« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2017, 08:23:11 AM »

I'm glad Trump is overseas for 9 days. It will give me time to recover from the whiplash of all the recent leaks. Notice that most GOP Congress critters are very quiet. Not even coming out publicly to defend him. At least none that I have seen. Could it be nearing the tipping point? Who knows? It may be getting to the point where standing with him has become a re election liability.

Congestive heart failure 2011
Currently about 19% Kidney Function
September 11, 2013 PD Catheter and Fistula Surgery
September 27, 2013 Started PD
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2017, 08:55:08 AM »

Right now the republicans are on track to loose 30 to 40 house seats.  Two major factors are the absolute nightmare the Trump Administration has become, and the courts approving of states taking reapportionment out of the state legislature and giving it to non political committees to redraw district boundaries.  No more congressional district carved into funny shapes to insure republican elections.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2017, 12:12:14 PM »

I don't have cable so I'm forced to watch the Fake drive by media.  So as usual Willow --  You are guessing!

Funny. I don't have cable either. I also do not watch ANY network news. But I do have a computer and the Internet. I make it a habit to peruse a variety of news outlets that lean both left and right so I can keep my finger on the pulse. I also take time to consider the reliability of the sources.

You said yourself, that you consume Fox News. I wasn't guessing about that.

Fox News is so unreliable that it is not even considered news in many other countries.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2017, 03:40:12 PM »

The truth will come out and we need to accept it.

The reason Seth Rich is relevant is because the Deems are blaming Russia for the lost election when it may be Rich who leaked  DNC information to WikiLeaks

Then they will find Trump had nothing to do with Russia.

kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2017, 04:09:41 PM »

Then they will find Trump had nothing to do with Russia.

And will you change your opinion of fRump when the truth says that he had quite a bit to do with Russia (not to mention obstruction of justice, money laundering, and giving away sensitive classified intel)?  OR can he absolutely do no wrong?

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2017, 04:19:48 PM »

I will if you will finally accept it and the election...

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2017, 06:34:58 PM »

Rember Russian phones in the US are generally tapped on a FISA warrent.  If Trump campaign is innocent I would expect the investigation to be wrapping up.  However Flynn is clearly a criminal it's the reason he is o eager to get immunity.  The key to this is what does Flynn know.  Maybe nothing and the Generals next command will be in the USmilitary prison in Leavenworth.  Claiming any other than Flynn is innocent or guilty at this point is meaning less.  It took over three years to nail Nixon and it may take them equally as long to prove quilt or innocence of every one but Flynn.  To quote the general.  Lock him up. Lock him up.  Lock Flynn up.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:16:18 AM by Michael Murphy » Logged
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2017, 06:54:49 PM »

Trump, like most politicians plays the game to win, period.  It is not about "how you play the game that counts" but "whether you win or lose".

I'd love to hear trump say "I accepted Russian help because I was playing to win, and that I did".'

I also love to hear Pocohontas say "There are over 100 qualified applicants for every ivy league tenure position.  Sure, I played the minority card to boost my chances.  It worked - I got teneure didn't I?'.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2017, 04:14:48 AM »

It turns out Elizabeth warren never applied for a reoccurring waver of any type she merely claimed  Indian heratage socially,  the Trump big lie against opponents is a disgrace.  It's another example of Trump following in the foot steps of other practitioners of the big lie, Stalin, Hitler, and Putin.  Remember Hitler ran for chancellor of Germany pledging to make Germany Great again, Putin ran on make Russia great again.  So if Trump uses tactics from his friend who hates the US what does that make Trump, Comrade.  If any connection to Russian hackers is established then Comrade Trump is guilty of Conspiracy to commit a felony.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2017, 05:01:38 AM »

It turns out Elizabeth warren never applied for a reoccurring waver of any type she merely claimed  Indian heratage socially,
An unchallenged listing as a member of a disadvantaged minority can be a big "plus" in hiring in academia, government and the private sector.    If you really think she was listing herself in the faculty directory as "part american indian" so she could get invited to pow-wow's, I've got a bridge to sell you.   It does not take a "recurring waver"  (whatever that is) to play the race card to advantage.

It was legal and tactically advantageous for her to use this to help climb the tenure ladder.   It is dishonest not to own up to why she did it.

Google the Indian guy who shaved his head, used his middle name, and joined a black student group for his resume - and proceeded to get into a US med school with a GPA just over 3.0.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:02:59 AM by Simon Dog » Logged
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2017, 05:22:59 AM »

There is no advantage without a EEOC slot being filled a University gets no help with its EEOC numbers unless the candidate officially claims the disadvantage.  You may not like her politics but Warren has a academic reputation for brilliance.  Being smart has helped her more than being Indian.  Attacking  on the big lie is clearly the only talent Trump processes.  If you don't agree with the Idiot he makes up fake facts and attacks,
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:18:03 AM by Michael Murphy » Logged
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2017, 07:04:43 PM »

The question I put forth is not "did the university get credit" but "was the American Indian heritage claim an attempt to gain a tactical advantage in a highly competitive field".   I suggest that circumstantial evidence strongly suggests such is the case. 
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2017, 09:33:29 PM »

I spent many years dealing with EEOC problems in a major corporation.  First as a Union Steward in a programming group then as a manager in programming.  If you were not declared in a protected class there was no advantage for the company to promote you since you didn't count for the numbers that the company was rated on.some vague unclaimed statement of Indian heratige would get you absolutely nothing.  Some of my career was spent as a RV at Bell Labs and there your academic credentials and what you have published did more for your career than any EEOC claim of disadvantage.  Clearly this is the use of a   personal attack against a political foe who is smarter than trump and beat him bloody in a twitter war.  Let's see Trump has been accused of being a women abuser, a crooked university owner, a liar about just about anything he has ever said, a megalomaniac, and other vile truths about him to many to mention.
In return he calls Warren Pocahontas. Face it you are supporting a vile, ethically challenged , compulsive liar whose biggest accomplishment was the narrow passage in the house of a bio designed to gut the very protections on health coverage he swore up and down during the campaign he would protect.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2017, 10:01:22 AM »

You avoid the essential question I posed.  Was claiming of Indian heritage an attempt to gain an advantage in the hiring/tenure wars?  The answer to that question is "yes" or "no", not "Trump is evil".

So, do you really believe she "wanted to meet other people sharing her Indian heritage" or do you think it was an attempt to curry favor?    (and remember, the issue is not if the corporation would get EEOC credit, but if the applicant felt it would help her career).
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2017, 11:33:10 AM »

You avoid the essential question I posed.  Was claiming of Indian heritage an attempt to gain an advantage in the hiring/tenure wars?  The answer to that question is "yes" or "no", not "Trump is evil".

So, do you really believe she "wanted to meet other people sharing her Indian heritage" or do you think it was an attempt to curry favor?    (and remember, the issue is not if the corporation would get EEOC credit, but if the applicant felt it would help her career).

You are asking that we divine motive; you're asking us to accept your understanding of human actions as being motivated (primarily motivated) by ambition. Maybe, maybe not. The point in all this is that you do not have to assume motives to be concerned about Trump's actions. I think it is farcical to insist that Warren and Trump are both equally motivated by ambition. It is beyond reason to suggest that their actions are comparable.

If Trump stepped up and says I "accepted Russian help because I was playing to win, and that I did" that would be a disgrace to the entire country. It would be profoundly damaging. It would disqualify his administration and trigger a constitutional crisis.

If Warren stepped up and says "There are over 100 qualified applicants for every ivy league tenure position.  Sure, I played the minority card to boost my chances.  It worked - I got teneure [sic] didn't I?" she would hurt her electoral prospects, perhaps.

Not alike.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:37:00 AM by Bill Peckham » Logged

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »

Oh, and I get hammered for NOT staying on topic.  You guys are a bunch of Hypocrites. 

:Kit n Stik;

tigtink

« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2017, 01:42:42 PM »

For the record, Fox News just posted a retraction of the Seth Rich story on its website.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2017, 02:58:46 PM »

:rofl;  I'm listening to Sean Hannity  right now.  He is SURE it does.  Go look at Kim.com and scroll down to read what it says.  "Panda"  remember that name.  It is about to come out.

Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia  aka  No evidence....

iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2017, 03:19:38 PM »

Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia  aka  No evidence....

Because its Hillary bashing you trust Kim.com over the heads of all our branches of intelligence services?

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »