I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:32:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Site Requests, Comments, Technical Help.
| | |-+  Suggestion provide some insight on issues when site is down for days
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suggestion provide some insight on issues when site is down for days  (Read 4161 times)
iolaire
Elite Member

« on: March 06, 2017, 05:32:46 AM »

Thanks for getting the site back up.  I think it would be nice to have a quick situation report after outages.  It feels un professional when the site is out for multiple days and then comes back up randomly with no acknowledgement that it was down and why. 

I understand the site is volunteer run but would like to know more about the challenges and if there are needs that maybe I or others could help with. 

Personally the lack of transparency is one of the reason I’m hesitant to become a premium member again.  (Plus I’m confused about this premium membership post that states “The total financial burden falls on Trina. (Epomans Widow) Lets help her out  a little as she is a single parent now and still keeps this site online as a tribute to Epoman.” I don’t know if that means she loses money on this site, or we should donate to help out the single parent spouse of the founder.)

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:43:22 AM »

I  spoke to Trina yesterday - she was very nice and confirmed she was working on it.

If this site is costing Trina any money, I can offer free hosting on a server I maintain for a company that drives its revenue stream off the web (translation: Heaven and earth will be moved to keep that server running).

I  also suggest some other site (perhaps a Facebook page) that can be used for status updates if IHD is down.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 06:54:40 AM »

I  spoke to Trina yesterday - she was very nice and confirmed she was working on it.

I'm impressed if she is the one handling the day to day operations of the site.  That seems like a lot of work for someone who doesn't use the site daily.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 07:03:42 AM »

I would like to thank KitKat a for posting status on face book. The site being down left a void in my life.  I  joined face book to check status and felt much better when I read her post. 
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 12:57:22 PM »

Hello...
... unfortunately I am not on facebook or any other similar communication and I felt confused & concerned when over those few days I was unable to "click on" IHD ...
... and I wish there could be an easy way for IHD-members like myself to find out what is going on when IHD remains unreachable without me knowing what had happened...
Many thanks for bringing IHD back again, Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 03:33:13 PM »

"whois ihatedialysis.com" gives you Trina's number.   Whois is native on Linux, and available via Microsort Sytem Utilities (sysutils) as a free download.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 03:51:47 PM »

I know it's not perfect.  I guess Facebook is plan B.  That is where Kitkatz posted the problem.  I will look there next time myself.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 12:14:21 AM »

Rerun and I do all daily stuff on the forums site.
 Trina does the payments on the site and sometimes it gets pretty hairy keeping up with it all.
I am unable to let anyone know about forum outages except through my email or Facebook when the site is down.
Please be assured Trina and I were working together to get the site up and running when it it down. 
Usually it is a payment problem or the forums are glitchy.

All monies given for premium membership goes to the payment to keep the forums up and running.  Trina pays all bills related to the forum site and the ihatedilaysis.com internet pages.

I pay for internet page changes out of my own pocket so pages remain up to date s much as possible.

I appreciate your concern as members.

kitkatz-Admin 

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 01:01:54 AM »

Kitkatz thank you for your time and effort.  I too never had a Facebook I'd but I remembered that there was a Facebook counterpart to to forum.  It took me five minutes to get a Facebook I'd and another minute to reach your message about the outage.  I would siuggest that every one gets a Facebook I'd and use it once a  month to keep it active. 
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 05:23:51 AM »

Rerun and I do all daily stuff on the forums site.
 Trina does the payments on the site and sometimes it gets pretty hairy keeping up with it all.
I am unable to let anyone know about forum outages except through my email or Facebook when the site is down.
Please be assured Trina and I were working together to get the site up and running when it it down. 
Usually it is a payment problem or the forums are glitchy.

All monies given for premium membership goes to the payment to keep the forums up and running.  Trina pays all bills related to the forum site and the ihatedilaysis.com internet pages.

I pay for internet page changes out of my own pocket so pages remain up to date s much as possible.

I appreciate your concern as members.

kitkatz-Admin
Thanks

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »