I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 11:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Trips
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trips  (Read 4026 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: April 15, 2007, 11:41:14 PM »

I am back from Las Vegas this weekend and had a blast! It was fun and I am relaxed and ready to take on this next week. I needed time out for good behavior.  I flew up to Vegas Friday afternoon after an easy dialysis session in the early morning.  The flight out of Ontario, CA, took fifty minutes. Much faster than the four hour drive!  I took a cab to the Worldmark resort and settled into the condo. I rattle around on my own in a two bedroom condo a friend had gotten for me all weekend.  I took over the master bedroom and unpacked.  Then I donned the swimsuit and hit the hot tub.  I sat under the waterfall and let the hot water rain down on my neck and shoulders. Then sat in there for twenty minutes.  Then got dressed went shopping in the little store for junk food for the weekend.   Then watched TV and relaxed until my friend got back from the strip.
     Then joined them down in their condo and talked for hours. We watched the movie Happy Feet. Lillian, my teacher friend sang back up in the music on the film.  We had her saying "That's us" throughout the movie.  It was awesome!  Then the four ladies, me included, made a junk food run at the local seven eleven.  We were accused of smoking Reefer by the guy standing behind us in line because we were in junk food heaven! We were cracking up at his comments and buying ice cream and bananas and chips.  Lord we were a couple of crazy women!  Then we had pizza and chicken wings delivered to the condo around midnight.  So there I am normal regular me, sitting with the jazz singer Phil Perry and his wife and two other ladies from Chicago, eating pizza and wings!  Me!
     So Saturday comes and we finally sit down to have a foundation board meeting an hour late.   We hashed things out and made decisions for their foundation and I have minutes to type up.  Good meeting,  Then Lillian invited us all to go meet Larry Ball, the bass player for Smokey Robinson.  We had dinner out with him at a Sushi Bar in Vegas.   He is a nice guy and very friendly.
     Then back to the hot tub Saturday night. 
Then this afternoon, Sunday, I met up with Livecam for lunch in Vegas. He flew in for a broadcasters meeting.  We did the Olive Garden thing and ate well. Thank you Jeff!  I talked his ears off. He has pictures because I did not bring the camera with me this time around. Dummy me!  It was fun!   Then I climbed back into the bathing suit and hit the hot tubs and the lazy river once more and relaxed. Then packed up, cleaned the condo, and took off in a cab for the airport!
Came home by ten and here I am posting on the board.

There it is. A jet set weekend for little old me! Next time I have to remember the cell phone and the camera on a trip!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 12:01:10 AM »

:beer1;  Sounds like you had a blast Kitkatz! Good for you. Remember the camera next time, but leave the cell phone at home. You don't need to be taking calls in the hot tub!   ;)

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 02:27:06 AM »

Wow What a great weekend, can't wait to see the pics..

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 07:34:06 AM »

Sounds like an amazing weekend Kitkatz......................................... but what happend to seeing the naked Aussie men "thunder from down under"?? I am so disappointed!  ;)
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 08:39:14 AM »

I like how it was always back to the hottub :) you go, girl :)

I imagine the heat might have also leached some fluid out of you which can't be a bad thing :)

glad you had a great time.

man I am dying for a hottub right now!!! Any one of you lovely aussie ladies have one??? ;)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »

Come on Kit, i aint buying that, dont believe that whole mumbo jumbo about what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, come on, you can tell us, what REALLY went on?  :P  lol,  nah, i am just giving you a hard time,  It sounds like a very relaxing and absolute FABULOUS time girlfriend, which i am sure was well deserved as well.  I am just thankful that you had a safe and sound trip to and fro and you are rested and ready to go go go, now come on girlfriend, we are waiting for you to break some records ;)  you know what i'm talkin' 'bout, yeah yeah girlfriend...  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 06:15:59 PM »

:clap; fabulous!!!!!!

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 06:26:21 PM »

:beer1; glad you had fun

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 06:27:39 PM »

Sounds divine!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 07:44:20 PM »

Wish I was there then my nose wouldn't have gotten broke. :'(  >:D JK!
anja

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 10:18:18 PM »

Glad you had a good time, Kit, and took your R & R seriously! (hot tubbing... oh, how I miss it! )
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 03:32:19 AM »

Okay, you've had your time off, now get to work, girl!    Got some records to break, a story to continue, etc., etc., etc.

So glad you had a good time. ;)

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 06:11:04 AM »

Here are a few pictures from the Las Vegas trip.  The first two are of Kit and me on the balcony of her friend Australia's condo at the Worldmark resort, the third one was taken last evening on a side trip to Hoover dam.  There are clocks on two penstocks, one on the Nevada side and the other on the Arizona side of the dam.  The time zones used to be different but they seem to be the same now.  The last picture is what I would have looked like had I not changed my mind and decided NOT to have the buffet at Paris Las Vegas last night.  That one came from the Honolulu zoo but you get the idea.  I was good and had a little crepe instead.

EDITED: Pictures re-sized - Sluff/ Admin
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:38:31 PM by Sluff » Logged
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 08:12:15 AM »

Great pictures jeff!!  :clap; You both look great  :)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 10:41:02 AM »

Wonderful pics!   It is just great to see the members of our IHD family getting together.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 10:55:23 AM »

Wow! Sounds like you had a very relaxing AND fun trip, Kitkatz! I'm very pleased for you! Jealous, you
got to be in a hot tub!!! Darn you!!! It was nice seeing pictures of you, and of Jeff as well!

Jeff, I thought the last picture was sooo adorable...
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 12:14:21 PM »

Nice
Thank you for sharing
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 04:39:50 PM »

Thank you for sharing those pics Livecam, I really hope we can go through with the Meet at Las Vegas and we can ALL take pics together,  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 06:14:43 PM »

I was hoping the elephant was not me after the Olive Garden meal we had!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 08:31:44 PM »

All I am saying is

What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:48:08 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »