I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:52:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  Trump goes back on his word: Will slash Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trump goes back on his word: Will slash Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid  (Read 12618 times)
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2017, 06:28:45 AM »

Maybe they still have their heads in the sand.

If they even had heads to begin with.  Certainly not functioning heads.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 05:18:50 AM »

follow-up on "Mother Jones"
Mother Jones Is Named Magazine of the Year
Mother Jones was named magazine of the year on Tuesday for finding “new ways to engage audiences and continue its practice of fearless journalism,”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/business/media/magazine-of-the-year-awards.html
Known as the Ellies for the elephant-shaped statuettes given to winners, the National Magazine Awards are sponsored by the American Society of Magazine Editors in association with the Columbia Journalism School.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/01/report-trump-team-wants-slash-social-security-medicare-medicaid-and-pretty-much-e
Donald Trump is ready to take an ax to government spending. Staffers for the Trump transition team have been meeting with career staff at the White House ahead of Friday’s presidential inauguration to outline their plans for shrinking the federal bureaucracy, The Hill has learned....Overall, the blueprint being used by Trump’s team would reduce federal spending by $10.5 trillion over 10 years.

Medicaid: No details. There will be a spending cap, and all mandatory spending will somehow be cut to fit.

Medicare: Increase eligibility age, add a "temporary" premium for Part A, increase premiums for Parts B and D, phase out subsidies for seniors with "significant" income, "reform" cost-sharing arrangements, transition to vouchers premium support starting in 2021.

Domestic Discretionary: Magic spending cap.

Social Security: Increase retirement age, index retirement age so it keeps going up, reduce benefits by adopting chained CPI for inflation adjustments, and "transition the payment to a flat, anti-poverty benefit focused on individuals who need it most," whatever that means.

More at link

Medicare cuts: 47%
Medicare cuts: 41%
Domestic Discretionary: 41%
Social Security: 8%

Defense Spending: 1%
---------------------------------------

So much for campaign promises.

Still, he has not gone back on one single thing he said he would do. Not one. Can't you at least wait until and or if he starts jabbering about what he is going to remove? You guys are not giving him even one tiny break. You think that saying this information that comes from Mother Jones is enough to convince people? For Heaven's sake, it might as well be " Sister Susie" or Grampa Jones. No one in the world has ever heard of this rag. Yeah, get all offended at that.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 05:39:23 AM »

Social Security: Increase retirement age, index retirement age so it keeps going up, reduce benefits by adopting chained CPI for inflation adjustments, and "transition the payment to a flat, anti-poverty benefit focused on individuals who need it most," whatever that means.
It means income redistribution in the Democratic tradition.   Surprising if it came from Trump.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2017, 12:26:30 AM »

Trump White House announces budget with 800 billion in Medicaid cuts.  Wasn't that a program Trump promised would be untouched.  If unstopped this administration would kick more people off of some form of insurance.  The fabled Death Committee that the Republicans screamed about for the last 20'years appear to being put in place.  Members of this committee are all Republican House Members.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2017, 07:25:23 PM »

The Budget doesn't even come out until Tuesday.

Fake Fable Leaks

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 08:38:11 PM »

Right and nothing ever leaks in Washington, most of the trump budget is now been leaked including massive cuts in most entitlements.
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 06:59:06 AM »

Trump budget seeks huge cuts to disease prevention and medical research departments

Part of the budget was intentionally or inadvertently released.  It isn't pretty.  Huge cuts in medical to feed tax cuts for the rich and increase the military.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/05/22/trump-budget-seeks-huge-cuts-to-disease-prevention-and-medical-research-departments/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-low_hhsbudget-6pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.8b6d3f556f5e

Priorities schmiorities

Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 07:25:35 AM »

Now it's a huge cut 180 billion plus in food stamps, this is a disgrace the poor will be starved, denied medical care just so the 1 percent can have even more money.   I can just see Trump and his Billionaire cabinet sitting around and laughing at the voters who believed the BS he said during the campaign.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 09:11:39 AM »

I just rode the bus downtown.  The poor can afford to be starved.  They can go pick apples, get some exercise and eat free fruit.  JeesPeasLouise.

Just how much money do we continue to throw at "science" and "Cancer Research"  They won't find a cure because they would be out of a JOB.  How stupid do they think tax payers are!  Oh, and Science just decided the human race appeared thousands of years earlier.... than they thought previously.  How much did that cost us?

AND Federal Employees may get cut some $$$ that includes Retirees of which I am one of.  I make it on 40% of what my coworkers make it on.  Oh, so they can't go tour Europe Every Summer... Maybe ever other year now.  Boo Hoo

kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »

The poor can afford to be starved.  They can go pick apples, get some exercise and eat free fruit.  JeesPeasLouise.

I guess we have our own heartless let-them-eat-cake Marie Antoinette.   You are just as short-sighted as your orange savior.

Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Shaks24

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2017, 01:00:39 PM »

Its really pretty simple. Just compare what he promised to what he has supported and put out as far as healthcare and the budget. There are tons of videos of his promises made that you can easily google. We know what the AHCA looks like out of the house and now we know what his budget plan is. He is a liar in both cases. If you deny this you are out of touch with reality. The only good news is neither one will end up in their current form because of the way congress works. Hopefully neither one will ever pass at all. I also hope that between the Russia saga and his exposure as a BS artist he will expend a lot of political capital and turn the tide of power in 2018 and 2020 assuming he is still around. Certainly the polls show him as a very unpopular leader except for with his diehard fans but I think that may even change in time.

Congestive heart failure 2011
Currently about 19% Kidney Function
September 11, 2013 PD Catheter and Fistula Surgery
September 27, 2013 Started PD
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2017, 01:11:55 PM »

If Medicaid and Medicare bite the dust, and preexisting conditions are re established just how do you propose to pay for dialysis even billed at private insurance rates that's over 12000 a month at uninsured rates it's over 70000 a month and at Medicare rates it's 3600 a month.  But I guess Trump supporters don't have to worry about dialysis payments if the Trum Budget passes.  The kicker is the Senate Republicans are talking about changing the rules so they can pass this demonic budget.  But why worry you need less money, I hope you need less dialysis.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2017, 09:33:05 AM »

What promises jhas the Presidunce kept.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »

He has tried.  His hands are tied.  The Mexicans jumping the line is down.  We are deporting the bad Hombres and some not so bad Hombres.  We are now selling cattle to China.  We are back in Israels good graces.  We are working on Health Care and we have a budget in the works. 

Oh and Chelsea Manning is out.... Thank you Obutthole.

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »

Presidunce wish ful thinking on most of that.  Watch the Georgia 6th district on June 20th election.  It's Newts old seat and has been Republican since 1965.  If it flips the panic among house Republicans will be intense.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2017, 11:42:08 AM »

I'll be watching....   :thx; 

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2018, 09:30:47 AM »

This was FAKE NEWS.  Hmmmm hasn't happened and with the booming economy money is flowing into Medicare and SS funds.

In case you don't know how it works.....  Money is deducted from each paycheck .... for Social Security and Medicare. 

Can't argue with RESULTS!   

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2018, 10:52:43 AM »

No, Rerun, you cant argue with results. Well, you and I do, but all of the Trump naysayers must be having a fit now. I wonder what they will go berserk about now? Not a problem, we will soon know. First they have to "accept" the very best candidate for the nominee to the Supreme Court.  Kavanaugh is amazingly  great. Still, he will be harassed about how often he gets his toe nails cut if necessary. We will see.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2018, 07:12:28 PM »

Sometime in the next several years the tax base supporting Medicare and Social Security will not generate enough income to pay for the services.  When that happens the SSA will take out some of the government bonds that have bee accumulated over the last 2 decades they will present the bonds to the treasury and money will be taken out of the budget to pay for them and fund SSA.
This will continue for about 15 years till all the bonds have been cashed in.  At that point 25 to 30 percent of the SSA budget will be unfunded.  In addition during the 15 year payout it will pull money from the budget increasing the deficit. 
Changed unfounded to unfunded. I hate spell checker
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:29:54 AM by Michael Murphy » Logged
lulu836

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2018, 10:22:12 PM »

What happened to my post on this subject this afternoon?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my kidneys the most.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2018, 10:58:57 PM »

I don't know.  I read it.  Where did it go?  Can you do it again? 

:bow;  please?

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »