I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:44:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  transplant coordinator trouble
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: transplant coordinator trouble  (Read 2904 times)
Whamo
Elite Member

« on: January 11, 2017, 06:43:57 AM »

:banghead; :oops; :Kit n Stik; :puke;  I'm having a hard time with a transplant coordinator.  She demanded my social security card.  I couldn't find my old one, so I applied for a replacement online. 
The ripoff company sent me a form filled out for me to sign and mail in with my driver's license.  I only have one license and don't like to drive around without one, but I sent it in.  During the
day the transplant coordinator calls and asks about my social security card.  I told her I applied by mail because the line was at the ssi off8ce was out into the street in the pouring rain.  One
of my mother's friends at her new retirement hospital died from the flu.  I was afraid I'd pick up some bug so I didn't go in.  I've been fighting off a cold for a week anyways.  Well, this transplant
coordinator calls my wife, and complains that I'm not compliant.  I know I was late with the card, but I explained to her why, and apologized.  I didn't know what to do until after it was over.
I'm going to talk to my ordinary social worker today if I can to have her talk to Denise.  I'm afraid I'll lose my temper.  Eleven hours of dialysis a day makes me grumpy at times.

I use edible marijuana to get to sleep at night, but I'm afraid they'll test me for it later, and take me off the transplant list.  I'm kind of late for a transplant anyways, being 64, and I'm
thinking maybe I'll just wait another two years for an artificial kidney to get on the market.  Has anyone else out there been through this kind of BS?
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 07:37:52 AM »

They will penalize you for testing pos for marijuana.  I also use it for sleep and I will not list for Tx.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 07:15:27 PM »

You should have mailed a photocopy of your license.

Alas, it's already done.    You might try to call the local SS Office and let them know what you have done.  If they are in a good mood that day/time/hour they may go looking for it and get it done quickly.

Don't hold your breath.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 01:50:35 AM »

There is something quicker then making a photocopy and using traditional mail. Take a picture with a smart phone, attach to a message or email and send through the internet.  Added bonus is you get to keep a diditized image on your device,

KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 05:53:03 AM »

I don't remember ever needing to have my SS card for getting listed. I am back on the list a 2nd time, and certainly didn't need it for that. I don't remember needing it the first time, either, but maybe I did?

KarenInWA

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 05:09:31 PM »

Alas, I am still a 'Dinosaur' and still do not have a 'Smart Phone'.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »