I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:04:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Recurring blood infections
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recurring blood infections  (Read 1890 times)
jo

« on: January 05, 2017, 11:56:10 AM »

My mom's blood cultures came back positive today. This is the 3rd time she is acquiring the infection. She was on antibiotic for almost a month and a half to treat her previous infection 3 months ago. Now it looks like she got the infection again. The docs were not able to find the source of the infection at all. What are the possible sources of infection for someone on hemodialysis? Also, my mother has two tiny foreign objects in her and it is called VWING. VWING just acts as a guide for the cannulation. Please watch the video here on VWING: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0XR1HxBvIs
I am really frustrated and worried. Please share if anyone had similar recurring blood infections and how to treat those. Thanks.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 04:15:56 PM »

I haven't watched the vid, yet.  But have it in another tab so I will next.

Many times infections have 'set up' housekeeping on 'artificial' parts within the human body.  Joints can be a problem.  Some patients with artificial joints have developed re-occurring infections.  Eventually having to have that artificial joint removed, the area cleaned sterilized and a new joint inserted.

Ask a LOT more questions.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »