I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:02:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  KCI Wound Vac
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KCI Wound Vac  (Read 3134 times)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« on: December 26, 2016, 04:54:10 AM »

I have BOXES of supplies for the KCI Wound Vac.  All packed into a very large box the size of a case of toilet paper.  The VA Hospital loads me up with supplies.  Now that Dr has taken me off the Vac I have all these boxes of expensive stuff and they won't take back to use on someone else.

Product 'tampering', they cannot risk that some idiot would mess with any of this stuff.

So I am posting this here, a couple other forums I belong to, and a couple FB pages.

FIND someone that needs these supplies.  Send me a PM with contact info.  I will ship it all just for the postage, paypal would be fine.

I've no idea what these thing cost.  The VA never lets me know the cost of anything they give me.  The Nurse did tell me that KCI bills the VA $90 a day for every day the Vac is used.  That must be why she called them immediately to tell them it was discontinued on me.

So ask around.  Someone, somewhere, has a wound using a KCI Wounds Vac. and has a co-pay for these supplies.  We should be able to save them a bunch.

sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 03:00:25 PM by cassandra » Logged
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 01:41:03 PM »

Home Health Nurse made her last visit today.  I asked her if they would take the extra supplies.

Glad to!  Many times patients run out of supplies and they would have to use some other type of dressing, NOT of the Vac type.

She said they would love to have everything.

Loaded that BIG box into her car.  All gone.  Great.

I seriously hated the idea of all that expensive stuff going into the trash and being wasted.

I'm such a cheap SOB.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 03:06:43 PM »

I seriously hated the idea of all that expensive stuff going into the trash and being wasted.

I'm such a cheap SOB.

I think that's very nice. I can't believe the amount of meds and products that can get wasted.
In The Netherlands I used to send everything unneeded to a 'friend' nephrologist in Suriname. They were always happy with it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »