I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:51:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  Predictions for a Trump presidency
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Predictions for a Trump presidency  (Read 33616 times)
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2017, 08:36:09 PM »

If you just sit back and watch Comrade Trump spin you will find it quite amusing. Like Trump so upset when a reported asked about Flynn during a executive order signing. Didn't answer stormed out leaving with out signing the orders and Pence had to grab them and follow Trump out of the room.  But combine his Russian Problems with the fact that the Republican House is so schizophrenic that it will be unable to pass any meaningful legislation except for the ones like internet privacy they just made a thing of the past, or the net neutrality that they are going to can next.  Some time in the future some one is going to turn this administration into a comedy movie.  Come to think of it  maybe they already did.
Shaks24

« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2017, 09:08:16 AM »

He looked awful pale last night. I think all this stuff is getting to him.

Congestive heart failure 2011
Currently about 19% Kidney Function
September 11, 2013 PD Catheter and Fistula Surgery
September 27, 2013 Started PD
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2017, 09:13:28 AM »

3 Million a pop.
He is also destroying the  livleyhood of small airport operator and flight instructors in the area who are subject to a "VIP closed airspace" notice to airmen when Trump is in the area.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2017, 05:09:30 AM »

Well, well, MM strikes again. You MUST answer all of her questions, whether you want to or not. And, if you don't then you get called all kinds of names, the only good one being, you are a Trump Lover. And Kristina, I am stunned at your post. I have never thought of you talking like that to any one EVER!!! Guess MM's remarks and attempts at bullying are rubbing off on you.  The guys here, never get personal or insulting, so I dont know why you think you can or should be rude to any one MM. So clean up your act and MIND YOUR MANNERS MM.

Hello Jean,
I am very sorry if you feel hurt by my thoughts and I can assure you that MooseMom's comments did most certainly not "rub off" on me.
Of course, I can't speak for MooseMom, but my feeling is that MooseMom and I arrived independently at similar conclusions,
which are mainly based on our observations and experiences and in my case are the results of my political instincts and observations...
... and please believe me that I very much hope my political instincts are completely wrong in this case as I very much care for America !
... I am very sorry to have hurt your feelings and I send you my kind regards and please be assured that I wholeheartedly hope to be wrong in this case ...
... Only time will tell ...
Best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

P.S. (re-edit) ... I also wish to mention here, that my thoughts were mainly based on the fact that noone really knows how the new Presidency will turn out,
unless of course, one is an insider and I was desperately asking Athena whether she is an insider and could put my fears to rest ... ?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:34:31 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2017, 09:34:49 AM »

Kristina, you have no need to apologize.  You have done nothing wrong.  You have your own thoughts and opinions, and I am sorry you were accused of not having independent brain function.  LOL!

Your country and mine are headed into uncharted waters.  As you know, I have a very heartfelt affection for the UK and hope that Brexit will eventually bring all of the benefits that British voters have hoped for. 

I want to thank you for the good wishes that you have expressed for my own country.  I know you are very aware of my own concerns and deep-seated fears, and I very much appreciate your recognition of my feelings instead of dismissing them.  I do not apologize for having profound misgivings.  I don't like feeling this way.  I have made many pleas for reassurance, but none have been forthcoming. 

I am pinning some hope on the possibility of President Trump keeping his promise to start rebuilding America's infrastructure.  To be fair to President Trump, the problem lies with Congress.  I really can't begin to predict what will happen here.

We are facing the real possibility of a government shutdown at the end of this month.  This makes me nervous.  I have no predictions in this regard, either.

Again, thank you, Kristina, for understanding the reasons why I am so nervous about this administration.  Like you, I hope I am wrong and that my fears end up being unfounded.  I know that these are early days and that some good things just might be around the corner.  It's hard to predict.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2017, 02:47:17 PM »

Okay, now, Kristina, I intended no insult of any kind to you. None. If you took it that way, I am sorry.

Hugs
Jean

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2017, 03:31:21 PM »

Brexit will eventually bring all of the benefits that British voters have hoped for.
The Brits decided they do not was free immigration between EU countries to cause their nation to become Muslim Majority.

I suspect Brexit would have lost if there were an option if preserving the economic trade freedoms without opening the borders was an option.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 03:32:29 PM by Simon Dog » Logged
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2017, 04:28:36 PM »

Many thanks MooseMom and Jean for your kind thoughts, I do appreciate it very much.
... and you are right, MooseMom, our countries are headed into uncharted waters and no one knows the outcome and all we can hope for is as little  confusion as is possible ...
Most interesting thought, Simon and it is very true that many people in the UK fear an overwhelming religious direction to slowly overtake ...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2017, 06:35:16 PM »

Brexit will eventually bring all of the benefits that British voters have hoped for.
The Brits decided they do not was free immigration between EU countries to cause their nation to become Muslim Majority.

I suspect Brexit would have lost if there were an option if preserving the economic trade freedoms without opening the borders was an option.

Well, we must be clear about what we mean when we talk about "opening the borders".  The real issue is the free movement of EU citizens, ie, the freedom of, say, French people or Italian people who want to live and work in the UK.  That is a different issue than immigration from Muslim-majority countries.  I don't think Brussels has a policy on how many non-EU immigrants a member nation is required to let in; I could very well be wrong about that, though!  I do know that Brussels DOES have a policy about REFUGEES, though.  Free movement within the EU in and of itself doesn't cause the UK to become a Muslim majority nation.  People in the UK are worried about workers coming in from eastern Europe.  I remember the kerfuffle over "Polish plumbers" well over a decade ago!

Just as it is hard to predict what President Trump can get done, it is even harder to predict what Theresa May will be able to negotiate.  She's got 2 years.

With the French and German elections coming up, we live in a very unpredictable world, that's for sure!  At least here on IHD, we have each other for some support since we all have somewhat uncertain futures!  :grouphug;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »

That is a different issue than immigration from Muslim-majority countries
Does the EU open the borders to legal resident non-citizens from other EU nations, or is EU nation citizenship required?   
I remember the kerfuffle over "Polish plumbers" well over a decade ago
I suspect there is a good joke somewhere here :)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2017, 08:06:59 PM »

That is a different issue than immigration from Muslim-majority countries
Does the EU open the borders to legal resident non-citizens from other EU nations, or is EU nation citizenship required?   
I remember the kerfuffle over "Polish plumbers" well over a decade ago
I suspect there is a good joke somewhere here :)

Well, the UK is not a part of the Schengen area, but the Schengen area, I believe, addresses the issue of international travel but not the issue of employment and residency.  So my short answer would be "I don't know, and that's a good question."  When I lived in the UK, I was a legal resident but was not a UK citizen, so whenever we traveled to the Continent, I'd always have to get into the "Non-EU Citizen" line.  (It also meant that I had to pay taxes but could not vote.  Didn't we fight a war about that?  lol)  So, my guess would be "no", but I wouldn't bet on it.

No, there was no good joke in there.  Seriously, a lot of people in the UK were very upset about the idea of this flood of workers coming from Poland due to the whole "free movement of people" EU mandate.  "Polish plumbers" became the big bugbear.  It was just so odd and random.

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2017, 06:56:12 AM »

"Polish plumbers" became the big bugbear.  It was just so odd and random.
It is an interesting example, since here in the US plumbing is, more than any other trade, a protected profession with barriers to entry that cause it to command an hourly rate well above the skill and training level required.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2017, 09:05:39 AM »

The one major problem facing England is many countries have a most favored trade status.  One England is out of the EUC any concessions they try to negotiate othe countries such as USA would automatically get the same trade concessions.
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »

It is an interesting example, since here in the US plumbing is, more than any other trade, a protected profession with barriers to entry that cause it to command an hourly rate well above the skill and training level required.

More than being a longshoreman?

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2017, 06:03:07 PM »

More than being a longshoreman?
You got me there.
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »

I can't believe no one predicted Trump will lay hands on a mystical orb with the Saudi King.

I am really disappointed in our collective imagination.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2017, 07:28:04 PM »

President Trump and the Pope were out fishing.  The Pope's hat blew off.  President Trump got out of the boat, walked on water to go pick it up.  Walked on water back to the boat and handed the Pope his hat....

Headlines the next day:

"Trump Can't Swim"

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »