I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  My mum has passed away :(
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My mum has passed away :(  (Read 5434 times)
myporkchop

« on: November 24, 2016, 07:17:59 PM »

After a long battle with her health my dear mum has passed away. She died yesterday morning at 615am in hospital. I was rung at 6am and arrived at 625am. I missed her by 10mins. Im just so devastated. She tried her hardest to live unfortunately all of her health complications took my mum's life in the end. I will miss her for the rest of my life. Thanku all for your support this year.Luv to u all. God bless xxx

21st April 2016 - mum got told she had only a few months to live. Doctor's did not support dialysis treatment for her due to many other health complications. They didn't think she could cope and recommended conservative care. Our family was devastated. She is only 64 years old.

19th June 2016 - joined IHD. The support from all of you gave my mum the confidence to give dialysis a go.
26th September 2016 - started PD dialysis at home (CAPD). The first week has wrecked havoc with her blood sugar levels and diabetes, she has been in hospital twice within the week. Dialysis is going well though.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 08:00:33 PM »

I am so very sorry for your loss. My Mom has been gone for such a long time and I still miss her. God Bless you both/

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 08:23:24 PM »

My condolences, I too have lost my parents one to lung cancer and the other to a form of multi infarc dementia call binswangers diease.  It's 31 years for my father and about 18 for my mother.  I still miss them but strangely look forward to the occasional dream about each of rhem.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 09:14:09 PM »

Very sorry to hear.   We tried so hard, but we can never seem to do enough with the short time we are given.

Prayers
Fabkiwi06

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 11:57:38 PM »

I'm so sorry MyPorkChop. I'm sure she was so proud to have a wonderful and caring daughter like you. We should all be so lucky to be loved like that.  :grouphug;

Love and prayers to you and your family.

surprise kidney failure - oct. 2015
emergency hemo - oct. 2015
switched to pd - dec. 2015
transplant list - apr. 2016
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 05:00:55 AM »

Very sorry to read this MyPorkChop.

Lots of love and strength to you and your family, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 05:11:43 AM »

Oh, MyPorkChop, I'm so sorry.  You both tried so hard.  Be kind to yourself.  I know it's a huge loss for you and your family, but your mother's stuggles are now behind her.  That is something.  Be well and take good care of yourself. K&S

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
smartcookie

LMSW

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 06:44:29 AM »

I am so so sorry!  I will be praying for peace and grace for you and your family.  From reading your posts, I can say that you did everything you could for your mom.  I will be thinking of you in the days ahead.

I am a renal social worker.  I am happy to help answer questions, but please talk to your clinic social worker for specifics on your particular situation.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 08:28:29 AM »

My deepest condolences.  I know this has been such a difficult ordeal for you both. 

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Kathymac2

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 09:17:12 AM »

myporkchop - I'm so sorry for your loss. Take good care of yourself during this difficult time.

Kathy
justagirl2325

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 09:22:05 AM »

I'm sorry for your loss too, your love and caring for your mother was well expressed in your posts.  You did your very best to help her.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 12:55:16 PM »

I am very sorry to read this and I send you my deepest condolences,
Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
SooMK

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 01:41:30 PM »

I'm so sorry for your loss. Such an empty place.

SooMK
Diagnosed with Uromodulin Kidney Disease (ADTKD/UMOD) 2009
Transplant from my wonderful friend, April 2014
Volunteering with Rare Kidney Disease Foundation 2022. rarekidney.org
Focused on treatment and cure for ADTKD/UMOD and MUC1 mutations.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 03:41:16 PM »

So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. I have lost both of my parents well over 50 years ago now and I still miss them both. Sorry, that is not very encouraging, but when you have wonderful parents and you know it, as you did, it is just too darned hard!!

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
DayaraLee

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 07:34:13 PM »

So very very sorry to hear the news of your mum's passing. Words of condolence never seem enough after this kind of lloss. Please know that prayers follow you - for strength, courage, and peace. You worked and worried and advocated so hard for her. Later, I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that you did everything possible that a daughter could.
 :grouphug;

Husband Dx - CKD Stage 3, Diabetes Type II, Hypertensive, Stubborn...

"What is love? Love is the absence of judgment."  ~Dalai Lama
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 08:13:21 AM »

So sorry for your loss. 

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 08:39:09 AM »

Mere words can never express the true depth of the sorrow of losing a Loved One.

Most of us have lost Parents.  We know, and there are no words that will do the job.

Remember the time you did have together.  Perhaps you will be able to make more memories, but until then find a means to take care of yourself because you must continue to  live on.   It isn't easy, but you will learn to continue living.   Take your time, grief is very personal and must be dealt with.  No one can grieve for you.  But be assured there are many of us here that are grieving with you.
myporkchop

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 01:56:26 AM »

Thanku all for your kind thoughts and messages. It is now i am feeling her loss as family and friends have left now. I hope i can continue to follow you all through your posts even though i don't have my mum here anymore as i care about a lot of u, esp those who have been in contact with me right from the start. Otherwise i will miss u all too xx

21st April 2016 - mum got told she had only a few months to live. Doctor's did not support dialysis treatment for her due to many other health complications. They didn't think she could cope and recommended conservative care. Our family was devastated. She is only 64 years old.

19th June 2016 - joined IHD. The support from all of you gave my mum the confidence to give dialysis a go.
26th September 2016 - started PD dialysis at home (CAPD). The first week has wrecked havoc with her blood sugar levels and diabetes, she has been in hospital twice within the week. Dialysis is going well though.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 09:26:49 AM »

I'm sure most all here at IHD will agree that we are much like a great big extended Family.  And it hurts us ALL to lose any Member.  When you joined we gained not only you, but your Mum, Brother, and the rest of your whole Family, all became another extended Family of kiidney sufferers.  We are a VERY large Family.

You will always be Welcome here.  This is an alternate Home you can always come to share or seek solace, ask for advise, or simply to tell of how you day went.

We will always be here for you.  Any time you need us, we are here.  That ain't gonna change.

So you take whatever time you need, do what you have to, take care of yourself first.  And when you feel the need, we will still be here for you.

Take Care,

Charlie B53
myporkchop

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 05:17:39 PM »

Thanks so much Charlie and everyone at IHD. I really appreciate that. I will be floating around. You all gave my mum hope and that was all I could ask for. So from the bottom of my heart I thank you all xx

kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 05:32:13 PM »

I wish things had turned out better for your mum, but there is so much in life that we have no control over. You did your best, and that's all anyone can ask of us.  I wish you peace.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
myporkchop

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 08:41:53 PM »

I wish things had turned out better for your mum, but there is so much in life that we have no control over. You did your best, and that's all anyone can ask of us.  I wish you peace.

Thank you so much K&S, your support has meant a lot to me and my family. Wishing you all the very best xxx

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »