I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:31:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  NxStage No UF
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NxStage No UF  (Read 4673 times)
Hootie

« on: October 31, 2016, 10:36:44 AM »

After a tough weekend of the the wife/patient in hospital for irregular heartbeat and a cardio version along with a fistulagram, my wife came home Saturday PM.
We fired up the NxStage cycler and did a treatment on Sunday. We were concerned due to CVC issues in hospital and clotting in machine at end of treatmen at hospital. No heparin was used as she is now on eliquis for clotting.....got started on Sunday pm...everything went perfect. No CVC issues, no,clottiing, BP perfect....we were high diving, etc....

She stepped on scales and weight was exactly the same 79.9k....no UF pull....rate was set at .5  and volume 1.5. I watched as the UF ticked off during treatment. Dialysate ticked off also and was being used as I could visually see in pure flow. No eating nor,drinking during treatment.  Today she is a 80.6k. Not on fluid overload yet.

Called NXStage. rep went through his trouble shooting and wanted thumb drive put on machine. He said he had seen this happen only once.

Any other veterans had this happen? We have seen shorted amounts of pulls before but never no pull.

Treatment time 3:28 dialysate used 25.9 UF volume 1.5 bvp 73  bps 350 dialysate pull rate  8.5

Caregiver for wife with ESRD and type Type 1 diabetes (almost 50 years).  HHD with NxStage machine January 2015.
Transplanted  December 7, 2016
Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 02:50:29 PM »

We just had this happen last week with our 4th cycler. Started at 74.5, ran for 2 hours 21 minutes, took her off and surprise, 74.5! Since her dry weight is 74.0, from what I remember...I set the machine up to run .8 volume and .4 rate....Venous and arterial pressures were reading high towards the end which (with my daughter) means that she's starting to dry out and get near her dry weight....or so we thought, LOL

As an FYI-We had our monthly meeting with the nephrologist and he says her KT/V looks great...still reading 2.8....and we patiently wait for the call for the transplant  :cuddle;
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:52:07 PM by Xplantdad » Logged

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 02:52:45 PM »

cardio version
"carrdioversion" is one word.  "Cardio version" parses a "version of cardio"  :rant;
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »

Wow, weird.
And what is a 'thumb drive'?

Keep us informed, and good luck and strength to you and your wife Hootie and you and your daughter Xplantdad

Love, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 03:55:27 PM »

Wow, weird.
You'e kidding, right?  Just in case you are not, it's also known as a USB stick, or a small USB memory stick that plugs into the USB port on a computer.
Hootie

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 12:18:26 PM »

I know cardioversion is one word. Not sure if it was spell check on what....

An update on the cycler. Yesterday we set it up for a UF rate of .7  and UF volume of 2.0 and we got 1.7 L off. So it worked. Not sure what happened on the day before. Doing it again today and it appears to be pulling based on watching the BP changes. The other day when it it was not pulling BP never changed. With all the issues over the weekend, it seems things are beginning to settle down. Dialysis is always a changing world. We go for months and then things happen....

Had meetings at UAB last week, so hoping we get on a second center's list shortly. Even with me serving up my kidney in living donor program, we are still on the paired living donor program for a year next month. My donated A and her being an O recipient is not a great match. Her PRA  score is very low so that is not an issue. Matches have been hard to come by...I am told that we go into a priority mode at the NKR after a year. We will see what happens.

UAB will consider plamsaphersis if the titer scores come back low on her A antibodies is all the matching does not work. They supposedly specialize in incompatibility.

Caregiver for wife with ESRD and type Type 1 diabetes (almost 50 years).  HHD with NxStage machine January 2015.
Transplanted  December 7, 2016
Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 12:55:23 PM »

Wow, weird.

Keep us informed, and good luck and strength to you and your wife Hootie and you and your daughter Xplantdad

Love, Cas

Thanks Cas  :thumbup;

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 03:16:17 PM »

If you don't have confidence in your cycler, tell NxStage you need a swap for ease of mind.  Chances are they will do it.
cbatsea

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 05:32:20 PM »

Are you adding extra for put-on and take-off fluid?  My hubby drinks about 1 liter during treatment, so I add extra to account for that.  And you know, "dry-weight" is an estimate.  It's totally possible to gain real weight!  We  try to take off as much fluid as possible....but if he starts cramping, we change his "dry-weight"....there is no way to truly determine that weight...it's "hit or miss".
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »