I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Holiday gift exchange 2016
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Holiday gift exchange 2016  (Read 14538 times)
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« on: October 23, 2016, 04:47:47 PM »

Hi folks, this is Del and it's that time of year again (time passes so quickly).   :santahat;   Being either crazy or a glutton for punishment  :urcrazy; I volunteered to look after the Holiday gift exchange again this year on the IHD.com forums.  We are late getting this on the go this year so please note the change in dates.

(What follows are the tried and tested rules and regs.  Please read them carefully before committing yourself to the fun of gift buying and gift receiving.)

Here are the details:

--- This is a "Secret Santa" type of exchange.  I will randomly draw names to assign people. You will not know who is sending you a gift. You will only know who you are sending to (you can identify yourself in the package.)

--- Gift(s) value should be around US$10.00-$20.00, but no less than $10.00.

--- You must sign up by PM'ing your info to me here  NO LATER THAN Nov. 15th.  Please try not to send me you info for this forum on facebook because I am looking after the exchange on the facebook group as well and I want to try to keep everything separate!! To be included on the Holiday Exchange list you must send me your snail mail address and phone number .  This is separate from the ihatedialysis Facebook gift exchange. You may participate in both exchanges.

--- Names will be drawn and announced (by PM) on November 16th

--- Gifts must be mailed out NO LATER THAN November 30th, and sooner if you are sending overseas.

If you want to participate, please PM to Del. We will have copies of all the mailing addresses, and of course whoever is sending you a gift will have your address, but it will not be posted publicly.  I will not send out phone numbers, those are for office use only.

Please use this format in the PM:

Screen name
   Real name (first and last)
   Complete mailing address
   Phone number
   If you are willing to sending a gift overseas (it may cost a little extra for shipping)
  Everybody must include a telephone #

I will post a final list of who is participating as I receive the information.   I am NOT responsible for contacting people who participated in the past to ask if they want to participate this year.

If you sign up for the exchange and fail to send a gift you will be banned from IHD for 90 days.   

If you have any questions, please post in this thread or PM del.

Those who participated last year had a marvelous time! (It is a lot of fun to see what fun things you get!)
Again this year there will be a holiday gift exchange on the facebook group as well as on this site.

Ready, Set, GET SHOPPING!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:55:49 PM by kitkatz » Logged

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 11:56:15 PM »

I am into the gift exchange!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 06:48:55 AM »

Since I am a 'Guy' I won't come right out and say that I am 'clueless'.   But like most 'Guys' I don't know a thing about 'shopping'.

So 'clues' may be a very good thing.

While not being 'lost' because I am at h ome already, I do know where a 'mall' is.  Even though I have to admit that I haven't been there for many years.
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 10:40:01 AM »

SO much fun

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 04:57:08 PM »

I almost rather have another tooth pulled.

Seriously, ME, shop?

I use eBay a LOT.    Although I did just Google mulberry essence and found a new supplier of the 4 oz bottles.   Still cost a bit, but they will show up in the mailbox later this week.  AND,  I don't have to drive anywhere!     I like that part, as there isn't much way the @#$% and gone out here.
del
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 06:24:36 PM »

Don't worry Charlie,  we give lots of clues.

Another couple of weeks to sign up !!

del
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 05:50:28 PM »

Just another week or so to sign up

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 11:18:10 PM »

o many of us need help with information about out secret santa person for holiday the gift exchange that is helps to answer a few questions about yourself. 
Here are a few questions to consider.  Just copy and paste, then answer the questions below.

My favourite colour is:
My favourite animal is: 
My favourite food is:
Clothing wise I wear a size:
I collect:
My favourite genre of book and/or film is:
I'm allergic to:
I'm not ungrateful but if I were to receive this/these I would probably cry:
I REALLY LOVE:

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 11:21:06 PM »

My favourite colour is: purple
My favourite animal is: mule
My favourite food is: dark chcocolate
Clothing wise I wear a size: 2xx
I collect: unusual wooden boxes, keychains
My favourite genre of book and/or film is: science fiction
I'm allergic to: perfumes, colognes, soaps, body lotions
I'm not ungrateful but if I were to receive this/these I would probably cry: perfumes, colognes, soaps, body lotions
I REALLY LOVE: pretty much whatever you put into the package.  The act of opening a package is cool for me.

lifenotonthelist.com

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 07:30:14 AM »

This is different.  I've never given much thought about my likes and dislikes.   I am just a 'Guy', I don't think, much.

My favourite colour is: Black and Blue, it depends.  I have a lot T-shirts in various colors, mostly greys, blacks, varying browns, and a few blues.

My favourite animal is:  We are down to only one Dog, and still two Cats.   They are unique, nowhere near the same.

My favourite food is:     Most definately Prime Rib and Blacked Sweet Potato

Clothing wise I wear a size:  Shirt a 2 or 3 X depending on what it is.  Pants, 38x30.  Lose a few more pounds and my 36's even fit.   But prednisone conspires to end that.

I collect:   I have a BIG Red Tool box that has a LOT of shiny tools in it.  So many all the drawers are stuffed.

My favourite genre of book and/or film is:  Books, I've read most every John Grisham written, currently buying more of Patricia Cornwell.    I donate all my books to the VA Hospital.  Well, except for all my College Text Books, I have a couple shelves full of bonehead stuff, you know, nerdly things.  I bet I still have my pocket protecter somewhere.   My sliderule is on the dining room table.

I'm allergic to:   Little Girls with Big Needles!   Seasonal allergies, hard telling which plants it is.   A couple of meds blow me up like a balloon.  Statins just hurt, terrible muscle aches.

I'm not ungrateful but if I were to receive this/these I would probably cry:   I'm not sure how to respond to this one.

I REALLY LOVE:    Prior to 1981 I would have said a joint, or two.  Not any longer.   I have been gathering parts to put a 4 speed back into my 70 SS 396 El Camino.  I bought this car very early in 1974.  I've had it a long time.  I used to break the 4 speed too many times, gave up and put an automatic in it.  Didn't like it so much I parked it and have let it sit for over 30 years.   It is way past time to wake her up.  Freshen up the engine, put a 4 speed back in and have some fun, again.  Just hope the Cops don't catch me.   Way back then I had about 30 odd tickets.  I've calmed down a LOT.  Or I'm far more careful.    It's a tough choice which I love more, the El Camino, or my 79 Harley SuperGlide.  I bought this bike in 79.   I tend to keep things.

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 07:33:23 AM »

So, here we go!

My favourite colour is: turquoise or teal
My favourite animal is: not particular
My favourite food is: chocolate (dark)
Clothing wise I wear a size: medium although I like my t-shirts large.
I collect: memories and friends
My favourite genre of book and/or film is: mystery, sci-fi, crime
I'm allergic to: most perfumed items
I'm not ungrateful but if I were to receive this/these I would probably cry: soap, candles or anything with scent (allergy)
I REALLY LOVE: not picky... I love surprises.  :2thumbsup;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
del
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 10:13:40 PM »

o many of us need help with information about out secret santa person for holiday the gift exchange that is helps to answer a few questions about yourself. 
Here are a few questions to consider.  Just copy and paste, then answer the questions below.

My favourite colour is: red.  I live most colors but would rather vibrant colors
My favourite animal is:  not into animals
My favourite food is: I like milk chocolate.  Not really a lover of candy
Clothing wise I wear a size: L
I collect: friends and memories.  I have given up collecting stuff
My favourite genre of book and/or film is: Usually romance
I'm allergic to: scents
I'm not ungrateful but if I were to receive this/these I would probably cry: I would appreciate anything as long as it isn't smelly
I REALLY LOVE: I would love any thing I get

EDITED: Removed quote tags-kitkatz,Admin
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:03:17 PM by kitkatz » Logged

gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 12:14:30 AM »

My favourite colour is: rainbow lol i love all colors
My favourite animal is:  squirrel (wait, does my son count? lol)
My favourite food is: everyting lol i love trying new foods and treats.
Clothing wise I wear a size: 2xl
I collect: anything weird, anatomy, squirrels, steampunk
I'm allergic to: nothing
I'm not ungrateful but if I were to receive this/these I would probably cry: nothing i will love anything you pick :)
I REALLY LOVE: anything weird. learning about new places. surprises.

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 12:31:33 AM »

This year
My favourite colours are red, pink, teal, turquoise, grey and purple
My favourite animal is none
My favourite food is cashew nuts
Clothing wise UK 18
I collect scarfs
I'm allergic to wool
I'm not ungrateful but if I were to receive fluffy bunny animals I would probably cry
I really love presents

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
KatieV

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 09:10:51 AM »

My favourite colour is: Purple
My favourite animal is: Rabbit, but I like dogs too (I have a black & tan coonhound)
My favourite food is: that's a hard one, I like most food; not really into candy/chocolate
Clothing wise I wear a size: M
I collect: rabbit figurines, old china/porcelain plates
My favourite genre of book and/or film is: I have a wide range of interests - historical fiction, biographies, sci-fi, mystery/crime, classics
I'm allergic to: nothing really
I'm not ungrateful but if I were to receive this/these I would probably cry: anything spicy/hot, horror books/film
I REALLY LOVE: pretty much anything - I'm not picky (drives my husband nuts sometimes!  ;D)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 2007 - Brother diagnosed with ESRD, started dialysis 3 days later
April 2007 - Myself and sister also diagnosed with Senior-Loken Syndrome (Juvenile Nephronophthisis and Retintis Pigmentosa)

Since then, I've tried PD three times unsuccessfully, done In-Center hemo, NxStage short daily, Nocturnal NxStage, and had two transplants.  Currently doing NxStage short daily while waiting for a third transplant.

Married Sept. 2011 to my wonderful husband, James, who jumped into NxStage training only 51 days after our wedding!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 09:58:44 AM »

I would like to take part but am unsure how to PM you.

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 12:25:02 PM »

I would like to take part but am unsure how to PM you.

there should be a IM button under their name, or you can click their name and theres a drop down menu that gives the option to private message ;)

HemoDialysis since 2007
del
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 01:19:08 PM »

Tomorrow is the lady day to sign up

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 11:26:33 PM »

I think you mean last day to sign up.  The fifteenth of November is it.  The count will be done then.  No more additions or subtractions without good reason from the admin.

lifenotonthelist.com

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 01:31:41 AM »

It is official the Holiday Gift Exchange is officially closed to new names.
Del will no longer accept any more names to the Gift Exchange, unless special circumstances are okayed by the admin Kitkatz.

Remember gifts are to mailed by December 1, 2016.
If you have problems let either Del or Kitkatz know immediately.

kitkatz,Admin

lifenotonthelist.com

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2016, 11:45:22 AM »

My gift boxes and victor's went into the mail todsy.

lifenotonthelist.com

Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 01:11:29 AM »

I love doing this every year.. we go to my grandmother's house for Christmas, but the box from the IHD exchange is always the first one opened.. *G*

My favourite colour is: Green
My favourite animal is: Kitty cats! Both big and small
My favourite food is: Pizza!! But I'm a nut for candy.. *G*
Clothing wise I wear a size: For shirts, as big as you can get.. usually 4x on most websites
I collect: Movies, books, music, dust.. *L*  I tend to go in stages.. I think I'm between stages at the moment
My favourite genre of book and/or film is: I'm really into vampires, but I also like dragons, and disney movies
I'm allergic to: stupid people (just kidding)
I'm not ungrateful but if I were to receive this/these I would probably cry: make up.. it's just not something I would use and would most likely sit in a box somewhere
I REALLY LOVE: Politics, stuffed animals, gadgets (sh*t that does sh*t *L*), anything weird or unusual.. I know that when I send out gifts through this exchange, I try to find at least one thing to put in the box that is unique to here, something that you wouldn't find just anywhere.. I welcome things like that.. also.. candy.. I got a crapload of candy last year.. stuff that I probably shouldn't have eaten, but ate anyway.. *L*

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 10:49:41 PM »

My holiday gift exchange person has received her gift.  My return addy was on it, so she contacted me directly.

lifenotonthelist.com

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2016, 09:34:20 AM »

My holiday gift exchange person has received her gift.  My return addy was on it, so she contacted me directly.

You have set the bar high for the rest of us!  :rofl;

My gifts are almost ready to go out..... Will try to send them on Friday.  :yahoo;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 12:22:38 PM »

I like to get my Christmas mail out so the post office will not lose stuff in the great mail migration that happens in December around here.
Christmas cards go out tomorrow maybe.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:12:48 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »