I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Diet and Recipes
| | |-+  BIG question about canned potatoes, also tomatoes. Potassium AKA Kryptonite.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BIG question about canned potatoes, also tomatoes. Potassium AKA Kryptonite.  (Read 2844 times)
jmintuck

« on: October 11, 2016, 11:09:46 PM »

I heard somewhere in this forum that you could have canned tomatoes. Why, I am petrified to even attempt this feat. This also makes me wonder about tomato sauce, used in pizzas, as long as it was canned, what to think about that. AFAIK, I only had ONE LONE SLICE of pizza ONCE, I don't think I got sick from that, but I don't remember what was eaten for sure with the last vomiting episode, due to the Kryptonite (potassium). That Kryptonite is shitty stuff to look out for.

Again I heard canned potatoes is another thing that somebody was OKed on for potatoes. Still extremely hesitant to mess with that. I, until my labs come back very clear to low, will not do too much with Kryptonite. With my labs, IDK WHY my phosphorus is SO good. It never wiggled very far, but the Potassium is the deadly Kryptonite for me. I was given the idea to ask about BP pills that I take to see what could possibly be done, if anything. I am so petrified of the Kryptonite, I even hesitate to have a tiny bag of potato crisps.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »