I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:04:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  I have no qualms about voting for Clinton, Ask Me Anything
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I have no qualms about voting for Clinton, Ask Me Anything  (Read 59937 times)
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2016, 06:58:43 PM »

Regardless of whether you believe the women who have come forward, young girls and young women who are assaulted today and in the future may be afraid to speak up because they fear being disbelieved and treated similarly. It's hard enough reporting it as it is.
Note that Hillary posted "you have a right to be believed" on her web site regarding allegations of sexual assault against men.

Funny thing .... she took this statement down once someone make an accusation against her husband.
LorinnPKD

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2016, 07:04:55 PM »

But it does still say you have a right to be heard.

Everyone is entitled to due process, at least in the America I live in.  Shaming women makes it harder for victims to step up.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2016, 10:15:39 PM »

Everyone is entitled to due process, at least in the America I live in.  Shaming women makes it harder for victims to step up.
Is it "due process" to shame the accused man with newspaper stories, while shielding the woman's name from publication, prior to any conviction or plea deal?

I'm all for publishing either all info, or no named until after a conviction - but the current standard assumes guilt on the part of the accused and innocence on the part of the accuser.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 01:10:36 AM »

There is not much point in arguing in a board like this. Not that I am denigrating you Liberals, I just can not understand your way of thinking. Is Donald Trump an Angel. Oh, hell no. Is Hillary Clinton an angel? Now that is seriously bad. I have never missed voting but this year is tempting. She wants to bring 65,000 refugees in to America. Admirable, but, who is going to support them? How many of you are willing to take one family in and feed and clothe and house them. You surely can not be thinking, oh, well, the government will support them. NO, they won't we are BROKE!!!! Obama took care of that. Nothing more to say, except " It's Trump all the way".

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2016, 05:46:49 AM »

Everyone I talk to is still for Trump.  They see through the sham of the Dems.

They had to go pretty low considering it is the Pot calling the kettle black.

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 07:44:46 AM »

I can't lay the National Debt soly on Obummer.  It is, or has been, a problem with EVERY President since Johnson.  It really isn't the President either, he is just a figurehead.  The real problem is Congress and the Senate.  They are the ones that ultimately vote for spending every little thing they please.

I am voting Trump because I want to seriously upset the apple cart.   No more of the same O same O and all the Politician, which I call 'The Ruling Elite' getting richer at public expense.

One and Done!   I propose to become a new National Matto.  One term then get someone new.  I don't care which party the new guy is from, vote OUT the old timer that has made a career of being in office.   The amount of salary  plus benefits these guys are making is absolutely rediculous.  We will be stuck paying that for a number of years, but they will eventually die off, saving us more than just a few million annually.  And if the 'One and Done' sticks, NO ONE will ever be able to claim that lifetime retirement and benefits again!

This isn't going to fix things over night, but it is a start of a new beginning.   We owe this to ourselves to get rid of these leaches on society.   And start taking our Country back.

I am not a Democrat, nor am I a Republican.  I am somewhere in the middle.  Just a normal soul with a little common sense.

I approve this message.

Now that I've spelled this out I think I'll copy and paste it to FB, see how far it gets.  So many people don't give a care it may bot get far.

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 12:34:30 PM »

I approve your message too. Usually, I am quite eloquent and write for a devoted few. However on this post, I freeze up. Don't know why. At any rate, "Make America Great Again" I dont give a crap where the man has put his "little" hands ( now how stupid is that?) I care that he is first and foremost, a genius and my womans intuition tells me he will "Make America Great Again". Hey, it is as good a reason to vote for him as many of your reasons to vote for Hillary.

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 02:13:31 PM »

Either side can come up with completely valid, 100% defensible, reasons why it is morally unacceptable to vote for the other side - which leave this a battle of governing philosophies, not character.   Character arguments are offered to augment, rather than formulate, voter's positions.

As to Obamacare, it is failing because it uses the standard govt trick of "everyone will support a tax someone else pays".

- Covering people with pre-existing conditions (like ours) will cost a lot of extra $$.  It's like selling fire insurance on a burning building.

- That money will have to be taken from someone else either by increasing the price of something they feel they have to buy, or by the threat of government violence against them.

- You could make everyone pay via a income tax surcharge, or shift all that cost to those parties in the exchanges so that most people will think "I'm not in the exchange, that means someone else will pay to cover the sick people rather than me, this is good".    The problem is the pool of payers is just too small to make up the difference that way without something breaking.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:30:57 PM by Simon Dog » Logged
KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2016, 03:23:44 PM »

Rerun, I have agreed so much with everything you have posted that I almost feel like we could be clones. How extraordinary that they are smearing him with so many sex scandals right now on the eve of the election. Where were they hiding till now? It's all perfectly timed to create maximum damage and I hope the American public don't fall for these politically motivated stunts.

Also note the hypocrisy of all those Hollywood stars who star in movies that use & abuse women as sex objects everyday but who are now so outraged by hearing some locker-room banter from Trump 11 years ago. What hypocrisy!

If I could vote, I'd be voting for Trump! Many of us on the outside are hoping he can win. He stands for a departure from the madness and idiocy of open borders and mass illegal immigration as well as the redistribution of jobs and industry to the Third World at your country's expense & the rest of the developed world.

Athena - I have to say, you are the first non-American I have met or seen say that people everywhere want the US to vote for Trump. I had dinner with Dr. John Agar earlier this year when he was in Seattle for a Home Dialysis conference. He usually flies over here once or twice a year, but he has said if Trump is elected, he most likely will not fly out here again (he's from your homeland, out near Melbourne. He is a well-known Home Dialysis dr and advocate) Our very own RichardMEL likes to watch the Presidential debates for sport, and is very glad to not be an American because Trump and the people who follow him (some of them are quite scary) are great entertainment - in a slapstick OMG did he just SAY/DO that??? kind of way.

And then there's this story, from The Arizona Republic - a conservative newspaper in a very Red State. For the first time in 150 years, they are not endorsing the Republican candidate for President. Trump followers responded with extreme hate and threats of violence. If Trump wins, what will become the MO of the USA? What happens if Trump loses? Will Blue states/areas be the safe refuge for the sane people who don't want to be caught up in all the hate and vitriol? I know we have all seen what happens with the riots in various cities over BLM and other issues. When will it all stop???

Here is the link to the AZ article.... http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/2016/10/16/publisher-response-to-threats-after-republic-endorsement-clinton-trump/92058964/

KarenInWA
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:25:11 PM by KarenInWA » Logged

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2016, 07:24:39 AM »

Here is the link to the AZ article.... http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/2016/10/16/publisher-response-to-threats-after-republic-endorsement-clinton-trump/92058964/
I wanted to post that as well, it was a well written piece and I appreciated it had an immigrant slant. 

Like it or not almost all of us have strong immigrant roots, most coming from war torn countries or from dirt poor countries...  Most of our for fathers/mothers faced discrimination from those who came before, yet in aggregate they all contributed to creating a top notch country.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2016, 07:29:10 AM »

Either side can come up with completely valid, 100% defensible, reasons why it is morally unacceptable to vote for the other side - which leave this a battle of governing philosophies, not character.   Character arguments are offered to augment, rather than formulate, voter's positions.

As to Obamacare, it is failing because it uses the standard govt trick of "everyone will support a tax someone else pays".

- Covering people with pre-existing conditions (like ours) will cost a lot of extra $$.  It's like selling fire insurance on a burning building.

- That money will have to be taken from someone else either by increasing the price of something they feel they have to buy, or by the threat of government violence against them.

- You could make everyone pay via a income tax surcharge, or shift all that cost to those parties in the exchanges so that most people will think "I'm not in the exchange, that means someone else will pay to cover the sick people rather than me, this is good".    The problem is the pool of payers is just too small to make up the difference that way without something breaking.

Obamacare has languished because our leaders have refused to make any improvements to it. The party in power refuses to do anything to help work around any problems that develop, instead they claim that they want to blow it up and start over.  I'm sure they are happy to blow it up and let people loose coverage but I highly doubt they are ready to build something it is place, if they were they would have used their veto override to get a new better plan in place.

I look forward to a change in control allowing Hillary to improve the program and make it work better.  Any yes that probably will include forcing everyone to participate rather than allowing the most healthy people to burden the public once they get sick...

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2016, 08:08:27 AM »

The party in power refuses to do anything to help work around any problems that develop, instead they claim that they want to blow it up and start over.
That's because both parties refuse to directly discuss the issue - who will fund the transfer payments?

Making "everyone participate" excludes the people who get it though work (thus excluding the sickest) and puts the entire transfer payment burden on the individual buyer, thus allowing the Democracts to assure "most people" that "someone else will pay".

Tell EVERYONE they will pay to fund health care for others and see how much support you get.

Like it or not almost all of us have strong immigrant roots, most coming from war torn countries or from dirt poor countries...  Most of our for fathers/mothers faced discrimination from those who came before, yet in aggregate they all contributed to creating a top notch country.
During earlier immigrant waves, immigrants were rejected if sick, TB infected, or otherwise unable to make a positive contribution to the country.   It was not "come to the US for your welfare card, subsidized housing and free health care".
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:11:58 AM by Simon Dog » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 11:21:55 AM »

Simon Dog for President!!!

:yahoo;   :cheer:   :cuddle; 

Trump doesn't have a problem with migration.  It is the "illegal" part the Dems keep forgetting to insert.  He didn't say all Mexican's are criminals.  He said "Illegal Immigrants" are criminals.  They are here illegally....   If you go to Mexico illegally... guess what?  You are a criminal. 

Karen what happened to the liberal "Diversity and Tolerance" that apply to any other group?  Yet Trump followers are "A Basket of Deplorables" !!  Hypocrites~ 

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 11:24:18 AM »

If you go to Mexico illegally... guess what?  You are a criminal. 
And you do not get free health care; an EBT card; free education and a political party that wants your vote talking "path to citizenship".

In fact, some Mexicans who moved back cannot even get their own children enrolled in Mexican schools without a Mexican birth certificate.

The US is not lobbying Mexico to reduce the barriers to immigration, or let illegal immigrants stay as Mexico does with the US.  It'ss a if they want their people to detach from the Mexican nipple and hook up to the US teat.

Remember, a basic principle of rule of law is that one must not be better off as a result of having broken the law.  This means that any penalty for illegal immigration must leave the criminal wishing (s)he had not broken the law.  Failure to do that is like catching someone who embezzled $50k, fining him $10k, and letting him keep the $50k of ill gotten booty.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:27:28 AM by Simon Dog » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2016, 11:28:41 AM »

Absolutely Agree!

:beer1;

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2016, 12:12:59 PM »

I hate to point out some flaws in the Mexican line.  One, there are fewer Mexicans crossing now then ever before, most of the illeagals are from Central America.  The other flaw is that in all immigrants to the US Mexicans put the fewest people on welfare, they are amongst the hardest workers in this country.  Finally the election is over Trump looses Hilary has leads in enough states she should get at least 352 electorial votes.  Trump is behind in Virginia, North Carolina, Arizona, penn., and Ohio which he may salvage.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2016, 03:01:31 PM »

I hate to point out some flaws in the Mexican line.  One, there are fewer Mexicans crossing now then ever before, most of the illeagals are from Central America.
Do these Central Americans cross over the Mexico/US border, or do they arrive through other portals of entry?
KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2016, 05:55:39 PM »

Karen what happened to the liberal "Diversity and Tolerance" that apply to any other group?  Yet Trump followers are "A Basket of Deplorables" !!  Hypocrites~

Rerun - did you even read the article at the link I posted? This is a conservative newspaper in the Red state of Arizona, who for the first time in 150 years are not endorsing the Republican candidate. As a result of that, Trump followers have threatened violence, and displayed questionable behavior at a Trump Rally to a reporter who was there. The thing about the whole "deplorables" comment is that it's kind of accurate - especially when you get a lot of Trump followers in a large group. Not all, mind you. I think we had a somewhat peaceful Trump rally here in Everett, WA a month or 2 ago, and I think the one up in Lynden was drama-free too. I don't remember any big stories coming out of those, anyway. But the ones that are in the Red states? Scary as h*ll.

And yes, of course there is the Republican office in NC that was firebombed. The good news is that no one was in it. The bad news is it happened. Someone who worked there talked on live TV about having filled out absentee ballots stored there that are now ruined. Thing is, those ballots should have been mailed in to the election office - not to a Republican (or Democrat) office. Hopefully, the person(s) responsible will be caught and punished accordingly - no matter what their party affiliation is. Fire bombing private or public property is never acceptable.

KarenInWA

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2016, 06:41:53 PM »

As a result of that, Trump followers have threatened violence, and displayed questionable behavior at a Trump Rally to a reporter who was there.
But, but..... the media has directly told us that a credible threat of violence is an effective way to dictate editorial policy.

Just try to print a satire of Mohammed and you will be told the Muslims have prohibited it, and enforce their policy via violence, so they must be obeyed.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2016, 10:10:17 PM »

Yes, if some idiot is trying to disrupt your speech... take them out.

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2016, 10:13:58 PM »

While I am clearly not a Trump supporter the fire bombing of the republican campaign building was despicable.  Whoever the moron is that did it took the chance tat the building was empty, if it was occupied this could have been a even worse tragedy.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2016, 11:44:32 PM »

Okay, dont any body look, but how many posts did Bill Peckham  make? Guess he did not get a lot of questions, just opinions. LOL!!!

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2016, 11:40:22 AM »

Just heard some audio leaks that the Dems paid people to go to Trump Rally's to start trouble and fight to MAKE it look like Trump supporters were Loony.  OMG  it is hard for me to even think like that.  They are so corrupt! 

Now they will make it look like Trump Supporters blew up the Republican building in NC.  But.... God knows.

:Kit n Stik;

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2016, 01:33:08 PM »

Yes, if some idiot is trying to disrupt your speech... take them out.
This is the big leagues where the only thing that matters is winning.   This is like a gunfight - there is no second place winner (quoting Bill Jordan).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:21:27 PM by Simon Dog » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2016, 02:01:29 PM »

I know.  We can't say anything without hurting someone's feelings.

This is crazy.  Not sure I will watch the debates tomorrow night. 

Yeah right!   :shy; 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »