I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:04:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hi Peeps
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi Peeps  (Read 2189 times)
jmintuck

« on: September 29, 2016, 08:49:02 PM »

I am J Mintuck in dialysis. I don't really like in-center dialysis, and have asked the doc once about getting trained for home dialysis. NOT PD, but Hemo. I feel a heckuva lot safer with old-fashioned hemodialysis. Firstly be\cause there will be no catheters pending removal of chest catheter. Nor is there peritoneal catheter, which would ban me from pools and ocean, most likely and the like.

I am excited about my coming usage of Fistula, en-route to full-blown usage of it. Just going to get it rollin' on Saturday at the center.

I am doing this all at the center until we can get the fistula established fully and really launched. Then I will re-hit up the doctor again for the home hemo.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 02:47:32 PM »

Hello jmintuck and welcome to IHD,
I am also in a dialysis-center and I certainly prefer it to home-dialysis, because I have to do so much to remain as healthy as I possibly can despite my dialysis-treatment and I prefer the nurses to help me "with the rest" at the dialysis-center with the actual dialysis-procedure. Like yourself, I also have a chest-catheter and in about 6 weeks time I have had my chest-catheter for two years and hopefully it continues to remain with me without any trouble until my transplant. As you can see, I am an optimist, especially since I have been put on the transplant-waiting-list... Like yourself, I know that my chest-catheter makes my showering/washing etc, a little bit complicated (flannel etc.) and I can't take any more any of my beloved hot herbal baths etc, but I don't bother about this too much because my dialysis-treatment keeps me very much alive and I certainly do much better than I was whilst in pre-dialysis when everything became ever so difficult...
I send you my best wishes and good luck from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
DayaraLee

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 04:33:13 PM »

Hello, Jmintuck! You sound like you've got a plan and are following it. Many people in the community freely share their experiences with home hemo, so there's a wealth of information at your fingertips (literally).
 :welcomesign;

Husband Dx - CKD Stage 3, Diabetes Type II, Hypertensive, Stubborn...

"What is love? Love is the absence of judgment."  ~Dalai Lama
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »