I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:08:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  I haven't lost my marbles, yet
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I haven't lost my marbles, yet  (Read 4283 times)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« on: September 11, 2016, 08:17:05 PM »

I tell people that I haven't lost my marbles, yet.   

SEE    And I pull out the two that I keep in my right pocket.

9 y.o. Grandson was over for the week end.  We went out to the Barn and he happened to knock over one of the spray paint cans standing to one side on the floor.  As he picked it up he shook it and asked me why I was keeping an empty can.   I told him because we hadn't cut the marbles out of them yet cause I haven't lost mine.  And showed him mine.

So I cut them out, had him clean the paint off.  We'll see how long before he loses his marbles.

I got more put away.

LOTS more.   And some BIG ones.

And magnets on my BIG Red Toolbox covered in steel marbles, all sizes.

I seriously doubt I could ever lose ALL my marbles.

cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 10:11:59 PM »

:rofl;

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 09:21:16 PM »

I use to play marbles in grade school. Started out innocently enough. A friend let me borrow a couple of theirs so I could play. Had no idea but was quick to catch on. Next thing I knew, I was winning all the cat eyes or those big fat ones. They were worth more points I guess. My Mom began to question where I was getting all these marbles and when I explained how I won them, she went and bought me my own bag full. She made me return all the other marbles to the kids I had won them from. I was okay with that, especially since I had my own bag full. But I still kept winning marbles. Had myself a good ol' time. Recess became marble time! Unfortunately, some of the kids who lost their marbles and went home empty-handed began crying to their parents. Soon after, the school banned marbles. There went the fun.  :(

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 04:44:37 AM »

:rofl;

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 06:27:04 AM »

About 40 years ago when I was in my twenties my father was having a 50 th  birthday party and along with a real gift I bought him a bag of marbles, when I was growing up my old man reminisced all the time about his marbles he had growing up  and how when he was in the marines during WW 2  his mother had thrown them out.  So my old man lost his marbles and when he turned 50 he found them again.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 03:46:52 PM by Michael Murphy » Logged
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 03:43:19 PM »

About 40 years ago when I was in my twenties my father was having a 50 the birthday party and along with a weal gift I bought him a bag of marbles, when I was growing up my old man reminisced all the time about his marbles he had growing up  and how when he was in the marines during WW 2  his mother had thrown them out.  So mu old man lost his marbles and when he turned 50 he found them again.

That's proof some of us age like a fine wine.  :wine;

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 08:58:29 PM »

Not long after this thread started I cut open a couple more empty paint cans with 9 y.o. Grandson and gave him those marbles.  Told him I still had mine and showed him the two, now three, that I had in my pocket.

a few days ago I asked him if he still had his marbles in his pocket.     Long pause.      No

So you lost your marbles , huh?

No, they're at home.

Yea, sure.

He told me that he found my 'stash'.  I have a half gallon plastic jar half filled with glass marbles in my computer room.   He can't reach it.

I told him we should take all those nice clean steel ones stuck to the magnets on the side of my big red tool box and add them to that jar.   

Someday that jar will be his.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 01:17:52 AM »

I lost my marbles years ago... see, there was a hole in the bottom of the bag.. so I put them away.. then forgot where I put them... that was probably about 30 years ago.. *L*

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 06:18:36 PM »

If you haven't moved home a couple of times then you may find them right where you left them.

My problem is I never remember where I put things, until we have to move and then it takes FOREVER to pack because I keep finding so many lost treasures.

I'm thinking I may just die here.  I hate to move.   Or just leave everything and start out all over with nothing.  Too much qwap to pack and take along.  I most likely do not need much at all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »