I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 09:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Another mini Meet in Iowa
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another mini Meet in Iowa  (Read 13693 times)
Sluff
Member for Life

« on: April 12, 2007, 07:03:24 AM »

The details have not been completely worked out yet but I am planning to be in the Eastern Side of Iowa sometime between April 18 and 23rd. When I get this worked out with Anja,  I will post again.

Anja I'm looking forward to our visit. Anyone else live close by Animosa Iowa?
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 04:13:50 PM »

Geeeeze Sluff, you get around dont'cha  :o  :D  I sure hope this is another successful trip for you and other IHD members,  looking forward to August when it is the Californians turn to meet'cha ;)   (dont forget to bring the moonshine) ;) :P  :wine;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Jill D.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 04:45:37 PM »

When will you be visiting Michigan?  :beer1;

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 04:47:55 PM »

When will you be visiting Michigan?  :beer1;

Hopefully later this summer. Upper or Lower?
Jill D.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 04:51:24 PM »

Lower (Lansing area)...however, I will be in northern lower peninsula the 3rd week of August (about 1 hour south of the Mackinac Bridge). I plan on looking up jbeany...maybe we could make it a Michigan Mini Meet!

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 04:53:22 PM »

Lower (Lansing area)...however, I will be in northern lower peninsula the 3rd week of August (about 1 hour south of the Mackinac Bridge). I plan on looking up jbeany...maybe we could make it a Michigan Mini Meet!

Sounds like a possible plan.
anja

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 01:00:17 PM »

YEAH!!!   ;musicalnote;  NA-NA-NA-NA- NA-  NA.....  ;musicalnote; ;musicalnote; ;musicalnote;   :P  :P  :P  :P

I.. GET.. TO.. MEET.. SL...UFF and Chris..ty!!!!!!!.  BET I AM THE ENVY OF THE WHOLE FORUM!  :clap;

Can't wait, must make reservations, must get hair done, must get pedicure,  must ....oh, my ....don't know what to do first!! (biting fingernails...)      :o  :o  :o   ::)  ::)  ::)   Anticipation....   ;musicalnote;
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 10:00:19 PM »

YEAH!!!   ;musicalnote;  NA-NA-NA-NA- NA-  NA.....  ;musicalnote; ;musicalnote; ;musicalnote;   :P  :P  :P  :P

I.. GET.. TO.. MEET.. SL...UFF and Chris..ty!!!!!!!.  BET I AM THE ENVY OF THE WHOLE FORUM!  :clap;

Can't wait, must make reservations, must get hair done, must get pedicure,  must ....oh, my ....don't know what to do first!! (biting fingernails...)      :o  :o  :o   ::)  ::)  ::)   Anticipation....   ;musicalnote;

Woah, now wait a gosh darn pickin' minute... THAT'S NOT FAIR... I want to get my nails done toooooo :P  How exciting huh Anja,  I dont envy you, i am excited for you.  I have had my experiences with meeting other Family members and let me tell you, its an experience not to be forgotten, kinda like seeing a family member that you hadn't seen in awhile, you feel like you have known each other forever.  I cant wait to hear all about it,  :2thumbsup;

oh, and one more thing for your "to do" list... GET A CAMERA, if you have one BY FILM, digital?  CHARGE THE BATTERIES  :) :)  no excuses  :beer1;

www.kidneyoogle.com
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 10:22:31 PM »

well dang...i'll be in omaha on the 20th, just for the weekend.  anamosa is about 4 hrs 30 mins from omaha.
too bad we couldnt meet half way or something.  oh well, i have a prior engagement saturday night.  a going away party for a friend.  but that does leave sunday open.   ;)

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 06:36:23 AM »

i'm jealous!! take lots of pictures

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 07:29:33 AM »

Jealous??  Let me talk about jealous!!  There is NO ONE near to me!!  And no one has planned to come and visit me.  boohoo boohoo boohoo  :'(

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 07:40:55 AM »

i'd be glad to come, just figure out a way to pay for it............and if you're ever in colorado................which seems to be a place no one wants to visit.........guess we'll just have to cry together

s
......................................................................................

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 01:06:34 PM »

i'd be glad to come, just figure out a way to pay for it............and if you're ever in colorado................which seems to be a place no one wants to visit.........guess we'll just have to cry together

Gramma, didnt Okarol say she was going to be near where you were?  i believe she said she was going to be in New Mexico or somewhere near you,  I hope i am right and you two can get together,   :2thumbsup;

www.kidneyoogle.com
Jill D.

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 03:45:43 PM »

Jealous??  Let me talk about jealous!!  There is NO ONE near to me!!  And no one has planned to come and visit me.  boohoo boohoo boohoo  :'(

Bajanne I would LOVE to come see you in the Virgin Islands!!! Especially since we had snow every day this week, even on Easter  :P We enjoy traveling to tropical islands, and in another year or so we will be planning one, so we'll see what kind of deals we can get...!

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 07:42:37 PM »

yes she did susie, we will see if we can work out the details. i'm in the denver area, wich is aprox the middle of the state.  arrangements can probably be made to meet in colorado springs. although if she's interested in making a senic circle one can drive straight up i25, denver is then an 8 hr drive from salt lake, then down i80 to i5 and so ca. see the mind, however muddled is always thinking. :)

s

livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 08:10:20 PM »

Several members have been talking lately about locations for a major meeting.  Originally we thought that Los Angeles was going to be the place because it was Epo's home base and just seemed logical.

A couple of things we have to think about are how expensive it would be for patients to get to a location and whether dialysis would be available for a number of people.

A light went off in our heads when the topic of Las Vegas came up.  Most people can reach Las Vegas pretty cheaply and there is plenty of visitor dialysis available there.  There are lots of things to do in the area as well with the familiar gambling and food available but also lots of cool places like Lake Mead, Hoover dam, The Colorado River, Red Rock Canyon, Mt. Charleston, and Laughlin nearby just to name a few.

Flights are available from all over the U.S. and there are direct flights from many international locations as well.  So...the topic here is Iowa but lets think about Las Vegas for a larger meeting when the time comes.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 08:12:43 PM by livecam » Logged
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 08:12:54 PM »

Thats a good idea jeff . :thumbup;
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 08:49:14 PM »

Several members have been talking lately about locations for a major meeting.  Originally we thought that Los Angeles was going to be the place because it was Epo's home base and just seemed logical.

A couple of things we have to think about are how expensive it would be for patients to get to a location and whether dialysis would be available for a number of people.

A light went off in our heads when the topic of Las Vegas came up.  Most people can reach Las Vegas pretty cheaply and there is plenty of visitor dialysis available there.  There are lots of things to do in the area as well with the familiar gambling and food available but also lots of cool places like Lake Mead, Hoover dam, The Colorado River, Red Rock Canyon, Mt. Charleston, and Laughlin nearby just to name a few.

Flights are available from all over the U.S. and there are direct flights from many international locations as well.  So...the topic here is Iowa but lets think about Las Vegas for a larger meeting when the time comes.

Good thinking, maybe start a new thread?

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 09:11:38 PM »

Wait a minute here, i thought we were having a pool party at your house Jeff *deflates ducky*  awww man,  :-\

www.kidneyoogle.com
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 09:20:55 PM »

Well really the next mini meet is going to be in Fresno.  We're coming up to your house on Saturday.
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »

Noooooooo, not Saturday, we have a birthday party to go to from 2:00 - 6:00 then there is the after party :P  you need to give me way more time than that,  ;)

www.kidneyoogle.com
anja

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 09:44:47 PM »

:2thumbsup;     Here it is, Wednesday evening, and I have spoken with Sluff.  They are in Anamosa, Iowa tonight and will be going to the museum in the morning for a few hours.  Then he will call me again and we will know more closely what time they will be arriving in my town!   We plan on having a late lunch and visiting and ....pictures, of course!  Oh, this is soooooo fun!
More later.....Anja
anja

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 09:04:27 PM »

Woo-Hoo!  Got to meet Sluff and Mrs. today!  We had a great visit over a late lunch when the place wasn't crowded.  They have some really nice 'bikes" too!  We talked like we'd known each other forever!  Just like family... cause that's what we have become here.  Sluff tried to explain some of the behind-the-scenes workings to me and I just don't know how he and the moderators find enough time in their days~ dedication, that is what it is!  We ate, we talked, we laughed, and of course, took a few pictures to share the day with the rest of you.  That is, as soon as I get my 'puter to recognize my camera...grrrrrrrrr!  I really will try this week end to get them posted.  Maybe I will have to enlist Goofynina's help...  By the way, mission accomplished, Goofynina, Sluff delivered the 'goods'!   Ditto !   This has been a wonderful day that shall go down in my memory book as how terriffic it is to actually meet in person members of this super board.  Hope that more of you are able to experience that one day!     :grouphug;
anja

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 11:11:10 AM »

Here we are on Thursday~  Christy, Sluff, Anja, and Dennis    ;D    :beer1;
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 11:13:48 AM »

:clap; Great photos! So happy you guys got together! It's fun huh?  :)

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »