I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:43:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  This is NOT my idea
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is NOT my idea  (Read 3935 times)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« on: August 25, 2016, 04:45:11 AM »

Son already has FOUR cats in his house, he finally got them all 'fixed' so that he won't have any more.  It took him a few litters of kittens, the problems getting them adopted out, he doesn't want to do that again.

Someone was so kind as to drop three tame kitten by his back porch, and left a big bowl of food to keep them there.   He is NOT a happy camper.

Gramma is worried as these babies will run out to the street to greet anyone that stops by, and she worries they are going to get run over and smooshed.   Yesterday she spent a bunch of time on the phone calling the local city and county shelters telling about the kittens, wanting them to go pick them up and find them homes.   Seems the shelters don't want to bother with kittens.  Telling her IF someone will raise them, make sure they get 'fixed' and have all their shots, only then will they take them to an adoption event and try to place them.

Qwap!   I spent half my evening picking up a big wire crate, litter, pans, food, and KITTENS.  As if our TWO CATS are not enough!

Oh, and since Gramma has so much 'stuff' cluttered in our house 'I' get the pleasure of keeping the babies in MY bedroom.   Just great.

But they are cute!
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 06:19:49 AM »

You are not alone, several years ago during a freak October snow storm I rescued a 5 week kitten that was crying under a bush by our house.  Took him to the vet the next morning, he had a Herpes infection in his right eye but was otherwise healthy.  Brought him back home put him on lysine, and he  joined my wife's other 4 cats.   Turns out this cat is a hoot.  Funny, cuddly, amusing.  Best cat we have.  .after we took him into the house that first day I heard my wife go "aww" And I knew our cat population just went up.  My wife is the cat person lucky for me I like animals.

sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:14:17 AM by cassandra » Logged
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 06:20:17 AM »

:rofl;     :rofl;    :rofl;

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 12:11:58 AM »

You two guys are a couple of softies for kittys and puppys. So am I. Thanks for being nice.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
DayaraLee

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 06:48:23 AM »

You two guys are a couple of softies for kittys and puppys. So am I. Thanks for being nice.

:2thumbsup;  :clap;   Ditto!

Husband Dx - CKD Stage 3, Diabetes Type II, Hypertensive, Stubborn...

"What is love? Love is the absence of judgment."  ~Dalai Lama
Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 08:00:11 AM »

You are not alone, several years ago during a freak October snow storm I rescued a 5 week kitten that was crying under a bush by our house.  Took him to the vet the next morning, he had a Herpes infection in his right eye but was otherwise healthy.  Bright him back home put him on lysine, and he  joined my wife's other 4 cats.   Turns out this cat is a hoot.  Funny, cuddly, amusing.  Best cat we have.  .after we took him into the house that first day I heard my wife go "aww" And I knew our cat population just went up.  My wife is the cat person lucky for me I like animals.

Hmmm...sounds like my house!

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 06:24:43 PM »

DH and I are 100% dog people.  We are both allergic to cats, both physically and mentally.

Our dog sitter has a cat.  Our dog has discovered the cat and they are best friends.  Dog lets cat eat out of his bowl and they share a bed at night.

Qwap is right!  Now everyone says we need to get our dog a cat. 

Not happening.  He will have to be content with the occasional visit.   ::)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »