I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:34:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hi to all from IHD.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi to all from IHD.  (Read 5240 times)
supertramp1228

« on: July 29, 2016, 10:50:57 PM »

Hello.all..my name is Kevin He and im a full blood chinese.i start hemodialysis since 2014 IN CHINA.thank god,my body still functioning well.i pray i can keep breathing for the next 30 years.just because i got so many uncompleted wishes to be done in the future.im hopely and definitely satisfy and thankful if my life ends 60s.sometimes i feel lucky that i came dow with kidney disease rather than a cancer.in that case,it would be thoroughly despairing for me.
  But the cruelty in the world sadden me incredibly was my family.when i was comming back from Europe,my father told me that he will save my life no matter what it takes.however,as time goes by,seems thet dont see any hopes,dad took the deposite back and disqualified me from the waiting list which i registered 15 months ago along with 10k USdollars down payment as the hospital request.
  I was so hopeless and confusing why he abandoned me so readily?is it because i cant creat any value for this family any longer?or maybe i was born an abandon child and they pick me up from the street?i dont know.i seariously dont understand. :stressed;since 17 i didnt get any penny from home even i start dialysis treatment.now i have to  got a part time work to gain some extra to carry on dialysis.
  Anyway.i WILL NOT give up mysely so easily.luckily god brought me to here(IHD)to make more friends who has mutual conditions(others dont know what i feel inside).god hope i get love and encouragements from here to keep me live longer. :2thumbsup;

There is only one perfect road,it is ahead of u,always ahead of u.
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 02:25:56 AM »

Welcome to IHD. I'm so sorry your situation has been so difficult.  And that you feel abandoned by your family. Surely, having to do dialysis is difficult enough without that on top of it. I agree that the world can be a cruel place.  Hopefully you will fnd some support here.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
supertramp1228

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 02:43:00 AM »

@kickingandscreaming Thank you for the warm welcome.mate.life is sucks without family's care and love.but i wont be negative.there is always a reason that destiny put me thru this situation.i know this is an arrangement by the god.my mission on the earth is to be more stronger.find a permanent job to earn my operation fees to replace a new kidney.and once done i will escape from this hateful country and never come back no more.

DayaraLee

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 08:52:52 AM »

Welcome to IHD, Supertramp. You will find people here with whom you can share information and experiences, and yes - you will find plenty of encouragement and support, too.   :cuddle;   I'm so sorry you were abandoned by family in your time of need, and I applaud your resilience and positive attitude. 

There is only one perfect road, it is ahead of u, always ahead of u.

This is a great signature line and something many us can learn from!

:welcomesign;

Husband Dx - CKD Stage 3, Diabetes Type II, Hypertensive, Stubborn...

"What is love? Love is the absence of judgment."  ~Dalai Lama
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 09:14:12 AM »

Welcome supertramp1228, its nice to see new people from around the world.  This site has great information, perspectives and functions as a support group.

I'm glad you are able to work.  I'm sure that can add to your stress level but it should also help you have a life beyond your disease.

I travel a lot and do hemodialysis in center in other countries (Singapore, South African, Chile etc...).  I feel fortunate that I'm able to still work and travel on dialysis.  And from what I've seen the centers (that I find on the internet, usually NephroCare/Fresenius centers) are top notch in most countries.

Since you have been in Europe and have worldly experience do you think an international traveler could come to your dialysis center and feel safe with the treatment?  Either way to do you mind describing your dialysis setup? I.e. In Home, private dialysis center, or public dialysis center?  Does the government help fund dialysis or is it solely your responsibility?

(We are lucky here in the US that everyone on dialysis qualifies for Medicare where the government pays for most of the cost of dialysis.)

It seems like more than 1/2 the people on this forum do some time of home dialysis, either hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 12:07:29 PM »

Welcome to the site supertramp1228

:welcomesign;

Take care, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 05:23:34 PM »

Welcome supertramp!   We are always glad to receive fellow kidney sufferers to IHD.   We are like an extended Family of wounded, always trying to help support one another through this continuing sickness.  Many are fortunate enough to be quite stable and doing well, but there are always problems that can occur and it is very helpful to share those and gain from the experience of others that may have already conquered a similar situation.

I am shocked to learn how your Father withdrew the deposit made towards your transplant.  That must have been a terrible blow. It could be difficult to image what motivated a decision like that.  But I am sure it was not an easy one to make.

Stay strong in your Faith that what will be, will be.  Even though we may never understand why some things come to be we have to trust that this is what is intended for us.   Keep your mind open to all possibilities and see what the future teaches us.

Stay strong, stay active.

Take Care,

Charlie B53
supertramp1228

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 08:48:21 PM »

I am shocked to learn how your Father withdrew the deposit made towards your transplant.  That must have been a terrible blow. It could be difficult to image what motivated a decision like that.  But I am sure it was not an easy one to make.
I'm so sorry you were abandoned by family in your time of need, and I applaud your resilience and positive attitude. 

@DayaraLee
@charlieb53
Oh.Yes.I think i be the luckiest chinese to find this extended family.I been read thru few current posts yesterday.and what really surprised me is ppl here are truly knowledgageble and supportive.whatever you ask on the site its always some1 here to answer.its full of encouragement and strength to keep ppl positive and of course to lead us walk further.
For those negative family affairs,im sorry.I dont really want to bother ppl here but just feel MAD sometimes as i dont have any1 around me to share with(no1 will understand what i feel inside).I know its really annoyed and definitely not a good thing to talk about.for reason i post here is because i do need a reasonable answer to comfort myself.When some1 left his own home since 17 years old,been living rough and working long hours in Europe to earn money and send it back home to creat a new life for his family,but when he's got sick,why he still been abandoned by those very close relatives???

TheLivingWater

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 11:26:42 PM »

Welcome to IHD! May you always find hope and encouragement knowing the you are not alone in your struggle. This site has given us an inspiration and it reminds us that kidney disease is not the end but is only a way of life that some people are living. I pray that each end every kidney patient will always find encouragement and never give up. Because while there is life there is hope!

"Praise be to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!
In His mercy He has given us a new birth into a living hope through
the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." 1 Peter 1:3
supertramp1228

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 01:53:13 AM »

Since you have been in Europe and have worldly experience do you think an international traveler could come to your dialysis center and feel safe with the treatment?  Either way to do you mind describing your dialysis setup? I.e. In Home, private dialysis center, or public dialysis center?  Does the government help fund dialysis or is it solely your responsibility?

@Iolaire.Thanks for your warm welcome.
You looking very educated.bet u must be reading all the time and must be thinking a lot to get a glossy and shiny head. : ;D....just joking.Of course i can tell that from what you replied to others.its really beneficial.also im admire that u and your wife are traveling all the time .i wish i can too.
Let me explain how chinese ppl get treatments in china.but im afraid it will be a rough translation because i only get dialysis in one specific hospital and also my English language communication skills isn't at your guys level(im still learning).i hope you guys get it understand and useful for what i given.but please remember i'll be always here to help any of you with your dialysis while you travel to china .
For chinese citizens we do have some subsidies from the Gavornment(2 times free treatment + 30% need to pay for the third time mec are not included).An international traveler is welcomed come to any certified hospitals or a private dialysis center  and safe with the treatments as long as they pay the full charges.with those fellows who has peritoneal dialysis are quite economical to get osmosis water here.but for blood dialysis could be expensive sometimes especially some1 have an unscheduled treatment.I did compared the fees with globaldialysis.com,even a malaysian dialysis center when my malay friend visited and had 2 times treatments in my center.as he said its quite a bargain to get dialysis here(350 to 500 RMB about 60to 80 in us dollars).

supertramp1228

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 02:04:11 AM »

@TheLivingWater
There is life there is hope.i love it.Thank you.

iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 06:32:11 AM »

@Iolaire.Thanks for your warm welcome.
You looking very educated.bet u must be reading all the time and must be thinking a lot to get a glossy and shiny head. : ;D....just joking.Of course i can tell that from what you replied to others.its really beneficial.also im admire that u and your wife are traveling all the time .i wish i can too.
Let me explain how chinese ppl get treatments in china.but im afraid it will be a rough translation because i only get dialysis in one specific hospital and also my English language communication skills isn't at your guys level(im still learning).i hope you guys get it understand and useful for what i given.but please remember i'll be always here to help any of you with your dialysis while you travel to china .
For chinese citizens we do have some subsidies from the Gavornment(2 times free treatment + 30% need to pay for the third time mec are not included).An international traveler is welcomed come to any certified hospitals or a private dialysis center  and safe with the treatments as long as they pay the full charges.with those fellows who has peritoneal dialysis are quite economical to get osmosis water here.but for blood dialysis could be expensive sometimes especially some1 have an unscheduled treatment.I did compared the fees with globaldialysis.com,even a malaysian dialysis center when my malay friend visited and had 2 times treatments in my center.as he said its quite a bargain to get dialysis here(350 to 500 RMB about 60to 80 in us dollars).

Thanks! Here in the us on Medicare we are responsible for something like 20% of the cost which seems similar to your 30%. Yes those prices for visitors sound a bargain. I (my insurance) usually pay about $300 when traveling but some counties like Canada and Brussels is much more. In the US we do not have standized pricing so dialysis centers can bill from $200-$10,000!

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
DayaraLee

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 12:01:58 PM »

For those negative family affairs,im sorry.I dont really want to bother ppl here but just feel MAD sometimes as i dont have any1 around me to share with(no1 will understand what i feel inside).I know its really annoyed and definitely not a good thing to talk about.for reason i post here is because i do need a reasonable answer to comfort myself.When some1 left his own home since 17 years old,been living rough and working long hours in Europe to earn money and send it back home to creat a new life for his family,but when he's got sick,why he still been abandoned by those very close relatives???

Supertramp, I don't know that you'll ever have answers for why your family did something so awful. But I think you have every right to feel lost, betrayed, and angry. Trying to focus on the positive is probably better for you, but a good rant every now and then can be very cathartic and cleansing! Not only is IHD a wonderful place find information and connect with people who share some of the same challenges and experiences, it's a great place to rant. We all need to do it sometimes, regardless of the reason, and we can support you and be a sounding board at the same time.

By the way... I only speak one language, so I'm full of respect for anyone who can or is learning to speak another! :twocents; Just my two cents... But don't apologize for practicing here. I think it's awesome that you're learning a second language.

Husband Dx - CKD Stage 3, Diabetes Type II, Hypertensive, Stubborn...

"What is love? Love is the absence of judgment."  ~Dalai Lama
myporkchop

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 05:43:01 AM »

Hi Supertramp, this is a safe place to talk, and find comfort that you are not alone. I am only new myself but have found this site to be amazing. I am on it everyday reading. Wishing you all the very best xx

21st April 2016 - mum got told she had only a few months to live. Doctor's did not support dialysis treatment for her due to many other health complications. They didn't think she could cope and recommended conservative care. Our family was devastated. She is only 64 years old.

19th June 2016 - joined IHD. The support from all of you gave my mum the confidence to give dialysis a go.
26th September 2016 - started PD dialysis at home (CAPD). The first week has wrecked havoc with her blood sugar levels and diabetes, she has been in hospital twice within the week. Dialysis is going well though.
Mindy

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »

Hello Supertramp. I know some what how you feel about you father deserting you. My mom pushed me away when I first became so ill I needed to start dialysis. But in the end it was good as she was not a mentally healthy person to have in my life at the time. It took me several yrs to finally realize that thou. I was not totally alone as I had my husband and his brother's family. But nothing replaces your parent. I hated her for a very long time. I have since dealt with it and we talk now. She is aware of my current health issue's and is still available. So I guess she has grown up. I pray your father sees how he is hurting you and comes to his senses. But if not you have a wonderful attitude with the way you look at life.

sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:01:56 PM by cassandra » Logged

Mindy
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 03:03:10 PM »

Hello supertramp and welcome to IHD.
For many years I have studied Chinese paintings and Chinese poetry etc., whenevery I have a chance to come across it.
My husband and I once found four Chinese Decorative Ironwork-"paintings" with four different flowers worked out in decorative Ironwork and we love them very much.
China has a most fascinating ancient culture and sometimes we can get a little idea about it during the Chinese New Year Celebrations in London's China Town.
Best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
jmintuck

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 08:19:47 PM »

THANK YOU for shedding a different light for me for dialysis INSTEAD of dealing with CHEMO. My mum and dad had to deal with cancers, they are, yes, still alive and jigging around well and healthy now. I just felt bad for them when they had cancer episodes.

Kidney, OTOH, there IS research and a possible implantable kidney, yes, a possible Artificial Implantable Kidney being researched in-stream and also "grown" kidneys, probably from ones' own DNA and stem cells being worked on. I am looking forward to these life-saving inventions when they hit the market.

I am always staring weekly or so at the Nephrology news sites to see what is coming up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »