I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:24:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  self-introduction
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: self-introduction  (Read 2586 times)
jonah

« on: July 24, 2016, 01:18:54 PM »

60 years old now, PKD known about for ten years; fistula Dec 15, 2015 begun dialysis May 17, twice/week 3 hours. Expected to go back to teaching but find it difficult to imagine right now. On waiting lists at a few hospitals for 2 years longest, fingers crossed. I am happy to participate in this forum, learning much I can't get elsewhere...
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 01:57:47 PM »

Welcome to the site jonah

:welcomesign;

Take care, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 02:54:27 PM »

Welcome, jonah! Plenty to read and learn here. Don't hesitate to ask questions or express your thoughts, ideas and feelings. There's always someone here who can answer or lend support.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 04:23:01 PM »

Welcome Jonah, I love your name. 

What age do you teach.  Maybe you could ask the administration at your school for an Aid?  Or maybe get some volunteers to assist in your classroom.  I volunteer for a first grade class.  I listen to them read and answer questions on the work they are doing.  I also sharpen all the pencils regular/colored.  The teacher seems to appreciate it.

Don't be afraid to ask for help.  You can do this!  Maybe if you do dialysis more often like 3 days or evenings a week at 3 hours each?  You may hate to hear this but it is true... more is better.

Welcome - Rerun, Admin.    :welcomesign; 

DayaraLee

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 07:41:44 PM »

Welcome, Jonah! Teaching in today's schools can be very stressful and a daily challenge to even the healthiest and hardiest. Like Rerun, I hope you can explore with your admin or union rep the possibility of some accommodations, if you wish to continue working. This is a great community - you'll find unending knowledge and support among its members.   :welcomesign;

Husband Dx - CKD Stage 3, Diabetes Type II, Hypertensive, Stubborn...

"What is love? Love is the absence of judgment."  ~Dalai Lama
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 08:46:51 PM »

Welcome Jonah,

IHD is also a great place to vent.   Anger, frustrations, whatever they are it can be helpful to get it out.     Many of us have and felt a lot better afterwards.

I'm sure you heard of the Seven stages, denial, etc., all the emotions we each have to some extent or another when faced with a life altering event.    Realize them and face them head on.  Once past all the non-productive stages it is so much easier to get on with living.

We are ALL here for much the same thing.   Brotherhood/Sisterhood of Dialysis Families.

Take Care,

Charlie B53
Just another Moderator
supertramp1228

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 02:26:27 AM »

Welcome, Jonah!im new here too.my name is Kevin and been dialysis for 2.5 years.as@dayaralee said " Teaching in today's schools can be very stressful and a daily challenge "i agreed with that.what i want to say is if u wana return to work why not just be a personal tutor?get few students.i think that would be a wonderful choice for u.

There is only one perfect road,it is ahead of u,always ahead of u.
DayaraLee

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »

what i want to say is if u wana return to work why not just be a personal tutor?get few students.i think that would be a wonderful choice for u.

That's a great idea, Supertramp. Parents and students are always very concerned, especially, about performance on state tests, ACTs/SATs (high school), informational reading, math, writing (elementary and middle), etc. Whether it's small group after school or one-on-one sessions over the weekend, tutoring can offer a lot of flexibility and pretty good pay (though the benefits that come with district employment are certainly absent). 

Husband Dx - CKD Stage 3, Diabetes Type II, Hypertensive, Stubborn...

"What is love? Love is the absence of judgment."  ~Dalai Lama
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »