I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:55:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello the start to this sucks!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello the start to this sucks!  (Read 8505 times)
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2016, 05:30:14 PM »

There is a picture on this site of a extraordinary individual Bill Peckham doing hemodialysis on a raft in the Grand Canyon.  Search for the picture,  when I begin to feel the walls closing in and I can't do something I pull up that photo and realize dialysis does not limit it me if he can do that I can cope with the dialysis. 

sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:02:35 AM by cassandra » Logged
myporkchop

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2016, 10:47:50 PM »

Wishing u all the very best 2nd generation esrd and that u feel better really soon. Take care

21st April 2016 - mum got told she had only a few months to live. Doctor's did not support dialysis treatment for her due to many other health complications. They didn't think she could cope and recommended conservative care. Our family was devastated. She is only 64 years old.

19th June 2016 - joined IHD. The support from all of you gave my mum the confidence to give dialysis a go.
26th September 2016 - started PD dialysis at home (CAPD). The first week has wrecked havoc with her blood sugar levels and diabetes, she has been in hospital twice within the week. Dialysis is going well though.
2ndgenerationesrd

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2016, 04:20:27 PM »

Wishing u all the very best 2nd generation esrd and that u feel better really soon. Take care

Thank you!
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 02:55:11 PM »

Hello 2ndgenerationesrd,
I am very sorry for what you have gone through and I am esxpecially sorry that you lost your mother so young. I can well imagine how traumatic that must have been.
I welcome you to IHD and send you my warmest greetings and send you my best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 03:13:41 PM »

The summer being cold in center is caused by the staffs activity.  They move around a great deal and wear paper or plastic jackets that don't breathe.  They get hotter then hell so they lower the temperature.  I bring two blankets during the summer and a comforter and blanket during winter.
jmintuck

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 08:08:21 PM »

I sat next to a tiny women for several years, she had a cth for over 20 years without a problem, they could not build a fistula or a graft since her veins were so small.  She moved so I don't see her any more but last I heard she was doing well.  The cath is a pain compared to a fistula but let's face it dialysis sucks but not so much as being dead.  Welcome to the site, this place got me through my first year on dialysis, I hope it helps you.

My older late sister had a cath ever since she started dialysis. They could NOT get a fistula built into her or nothing. I was SO disappointed about that. I can remember a cath looking similar to what I am getting out one of these days as MY fistula matured at once over roughly 9 weeks. No further fistulas or anything else was don except the catheter, which is getting due for a yank.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »