I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:08:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Introduction
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2322 times)
ckaluza

« on: June 27, 2016, 07:41:26 PM »

I have FSGS which seems to be familial.  I limped along for 8 years with immunosuppressents, steroids, Lasix and antihypertensives but started peritoneal dialysis 2 years ago.  The neurological changes were driving me nuts...not that I had far to go.  I am dramatically healthier today than I was two years ago even though my labs remain crummy.  Waiting my turn for a kidney and am 0 for 6 on potential donors.

Working hard at enjoying life and retirement but I will admit that dialysis sucks.  Still fishing and travelling some but with the restrictions of dialysis.  Writing helps on the days that are not so good as it gives me a place to escape to when the rheumatoid arthritis flares up.  Ever thank full for the support of my bride of 44 years.

Charlie
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 09:03:59 PM »

:welcomesign;  Welcome to the site, ckaluza! You've come to the right place. You'll get plenty of support here, we all need it time to time. Ups/downs and a whole lot of info shared here. And I agree, writing does help.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 03:03:35 AM »

Welcome to the site Charlie

:welcomesign;

Take care, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 12:09:10 PM »

Welcome, I'm glad you are still able to travel!  The forum has a nice section on travel from RV's and dialysis to global incase you are looking for ideas.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »