I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:11:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hi New Member
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi New Member  (Read 2758 times)
Honolulu176

« on: May 26, 2016, 12:32:30 PM »

Hi Admin, Thanks for adding me and nice that I found a site that help me in dialysis  :2thumbsup; , I'm Raquel, 42y/o living here in Honolulu.  I have a GN problem in kidney way back 1999 in the Philippines, and transfer here in Hawaii 2014 and I continue my medicine and nephro here in Hawaii. My doctor told me that my kidney is getting failure so I need to place catheter for PD. I had a surgery this May 24 only, the surgery was smooth but I had a constipation problem after the surgery it's hard for me to take a dodo. I take stool softener but still cannot.... Mahalo.. :thx; :thx;
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 01:45:04 PM »

Sometimes after surgery the digestive track slows down give it a day and if it still hasn't happened call your doctor.  Welcome to the site, being on dialysis sucks but I bet it's better in Hawaii.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 05:14:22 PM »

When I had my PD catheter put in I suspect a section of intestine had 'twisted' just enough to kink it so that nothing would pass.  It was three or four DAYS.  I was uncomfortable at first, soon progressing to outright PAIN.  By now it was Saturday and nothing open but the ER.  I didn't think it that bad so I waited.  Maybe I should have gone.  I had been eating well but once the pain got so great I found I couldn't eat.  Not just no appetite but my stomach already felt stuffed.   Laying in bed moaning and groaning very late Saturday night I positively FELT and HEARD a POP.  And immediately the pain receded.   All I can think is there had been a twist, that the pressure had swollen up a section like a balloon and it finally popped.  I was either going to get real sick real fast if it broke, or it straightened out and I would be fine.

I'm still here so it must have turned out alright.

But that doesn't mean you should not get checked.  At least call your Dr and tell him about your constipation and what you have tried already, and how long it has been.    An intestinal blockage always has a potential for bad things.  When in doubt, check it out.

Welcome to IHD.  Glad you found us and decided to join.   We are strong because of our members sharing all the combined experiences and knowledge.  Together we can be a much greater force for our greater good.

Take Care,   and be sure to call that DR!

Charlie B53
Honolulu176

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 01:23:40 AM »

Hi Michael and Charlie! Thanks for the info and finally after 3days and with the help of lactulose my constipation was gone. Yes Michael good thing I'm here in Hawaii for my health.  is there someone Filipino here? Hope I can find new friend here.. 
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 06:43:53 AM »

I am not Filipino but almost half the staff at the center I go to are.  As a large fat person the worst part of starting dialysis was watching two tiny (under 5feet) nurses struggling to get my butt up and out of the chair.  It did motivate me to learn how to get up by myself.  I am about to move and the one thing I will miss is the staff at my current center from the training nurse to the techs some of the nicest people I have ever met.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 08:13:41 AM »

Welcome to the site Honolulu176

:welcomesign;

Take care, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
daddyrat50

Taking one day at a time

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 05:39:41 PM »

Welcome to the site, wish you didnt have to be here but so glad to have you  short time i been here it seems alot of good caring folks and a wealth of knowledge!! I will trade locations with you are a couple of weeks lol. I have always dreamed of visiting Hawaii :welcomesign;

8-2011-Diagnosed PKD 2.01 creatine egfr 36
7-2015 AV Fistula upper created, 4.3 creatine egfr 15
11-2015 AV Fistula Transposition upper arm
12-2015 hospitalization-Bleeding Kidney cyst
5-2016 pre dialyisis creatine 5.83 egfr 10
9-2016 started Hemo Dialysis creatine 7 egfr 8
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »