I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:36:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Cars, Sometimes I Hate Them
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cars, Sometimes I Hate Them  (Read 8629 times)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 04:04:16 AM »

Hello PrimeTimer, I am very sorry about what you are going through right now and I do hope that partygirl goes through "a very short phase" of all this and hopefully "things" calm down very soon...
... We had something similar here at one time when a neighbour's teenage-boy went "through the phase" of "listening" to very loud reggae music which made our ears and walls vibrate...
... Fortunately it was "only" a phase and fortunately he calmed down after a while and all of us could go back to read a book and breath calmly again...
... I keep my fingers crossed and hope that partygirl's phase does not last that much longer anymore and I send you all my sympathy ...
Best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug; ...

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 04:05:53 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 07:18:30 AM »

Sorry Prime Timer, but I'm both laughing and crying at the same time.   I've been that 'Motorcycle Guy' seeing a sweet thang in an upstairs apartment.  That was a very long time ago. Almost forty years, but I still have that motorcycle, just don't ride it every day like I did then.

And that older balding guy is trying to recapture his youth.  Sorry, he can't.  So he is sitting there relishing the memorys of long ago times, maybe when he had hair?

We lived in apartments for almost 15 years and seen and heard a lot.  The traffic speeding through the one complex with so many young children scared us enough we finally moved to a 'quiter' complex.  Shortly after we moved a youngster ran out into the parking lot and a speeding car ran over him and killed him.  I can only try to imagine the parents grief of losing a child.

The noise now days.  I thought I had a loud stereo.  That ain't nothing compared to what they are putting in cars now.  Our Son is one of them.   He has a wanna-be Blazer.  I call it that because it isn't a true Blazer, as it isn't a 4 wheel drive.   I used to be a car guy but I didn't even know GM made ANY Blazers that were not 4 wheel drive.   They did.  And he wanted one, and got a GREAT deal on it.  But he can't carry anything in it as it is full of speakers.  And a couple of huge amplifiers.  So he can 'Bump'.  I can hear the bass tones well over a halfl mile away and tell Gramma that he will be here in a couple of minutes as I can hear him clear up on the Highway, that is only five houses away, but each house is on at least three acres.  The Highway is very well over a quarter mile away, and I can hear him long before he gets to the corner..

Those few times I have to ride with him are hell.  I am constantly telling him to turn it down.  He claims that is as low as it will go.  It still shakes my brain and makes it hurt.   I've tried to explain to him the damage how much high intensity low frequency vibration does to brain cells.  He refuses to believe me.  I am afraid it is too late.  I'm afraid he will end up brain damaged like Mohammad Ali.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »