I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:32:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Introduction
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1939 times)
saltyl

« on: April 30, 2016, 10:14:52 PM »

My husband was diagnosed with kidney failure a year or so ago; finally had his peritoneal dialysis catheter placed this January and started dialysis in the clinic in
February and home dialysis a couple of weeks after that. We did several weeks of manual PD and started on the machine 10 days ago. I was very happy to find this board last month; I've had a lot of questions answered just by reading. Thank you for being here!
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 12:38:02 AM »

Welcome, I am glad your hubby is doing well.  Three years ago when I found this site I felt I had struck gold lots of info lots of support.  It's amazing how well run this site is and while I am sorry you need the site I am glad you joined.  The more who join the better it gets, more view points , more experience.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 03:32:51 AM »

Welcome to the site saltyl

Take care, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 05:24:41 AM »

Welcome aboard Salty!  We are always glad to have new members join our Family, even though we hate the reasons that everyone has to be here.   As a Family we try to help one another as much as possible.   How well we all know from our own experiences how difficult life can be with a fatal affliction slowly eating away at our lives.   Most difficulties are shared and often methods of coping are found and shared which sometimes can be of great help.   This is the reason Epoman had for creating this site, and it is continued in his memory to help all who come here, members and visitors.

Glad to have you.   Browse often.  Post anytime you have an opinion or facts your are willing to share.   And if you get frustrated you can always rant and rave and release a lot of pent up rage just in venting.   You will find it far more constructive to vent it in here than to do anything that could be more de-constructive elsewhere.   You will find that in here a number of times.  It does help.

Take Care,

Charlie B53
Just one of the Moderators
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 07:53:08 AM »

Kidney failure is a very lonely disease.  Most people--on the outside-- haven't a clue about it.  Don't even know it exists let alone what it takes to get through.  The people on this forum--although different from each other in many ways-- do share an interest in this disease and an empathetic understanding of what each of us goes through. 

I started PD (manual) in January and due to the screw up at Baxter, was only allocated a cycler last week, so I am still in PD cycler training.  I'm looking forward to the greater freedom that the cycler allegedly gives.  Your husband is fortunate to have received a machine so early in the process.  I have had lots of questions answered here and that has been very helpful in not feeling so alone with this disease.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »