I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:54:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Blogging Review
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogging Review  (Read 2874 times)
Fabkiwi06

« on: April 18, 2016, 01:54:37 PM »

Hey Y'all.

I'm slowly putting myself back together to head back in to the working world. Part of that has included updating my website with writing samples. Yay.

Website is still very much under construction and I'm always open to feedback (and suggestions of things to write!) so, if you are in need of a little something to read I'd really appreciate the input.

Thank you!

https://fabkiwi.wordpress.com/portfolio/writing-samples/

surprise kidney failure - oct. 2015
emergency hemo - oct. 2015
switched to pd - dec. 2015
transplant list - apr. 2016
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 05:50:19 AM »

If it is to be a professional page used by professionals looking at your work get rid of the Boy band Connoisseur at the top of the page, unless that is your topic area.

It might just be your topic area.  I would also get a professional photo onto the page so first impressions are so people want to see your writing.  I would change your font color, too.

If you polish the site up a bunch and make it super friendly to professionals looking for a fandom writer, then you might have something there.

Your writing is average.  Could use some polishing.  Your articles are starting to show their age.  Continue to put new articles you have written up onto the site.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 06:16:26 AM »

If the site is supposed to feature your writing I'd significantly decrease the images before the text.  You want people to focus on your word skills not graphics.  You can use images to complement narrative but they are secondary.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »